Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:58:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum Error:The transaction was rejected by network rules. (Missing inputs)  (Read 2609 times)
prashant.singh (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:32:28 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2017, 07:45:03 AM by prashant.singh

I am using test network with Electrum. I was trying to send BTC's to my other account for testing purpose. I used following inputs:

PayTo: mkjz22n7KPJbUrz39EnQyuAMM64kHbxGUE
Description: Transferred for Testing
Amount: 1 mBTC
Fee Slider: Max

I have selected dynamic fee from tools-->preferences. I have 975.0 mBTC in my account.

When I try to send Transaction, on the screen asking for Password, I can see:

Amount to be sent: 1 mBTC
Mining fee: 0.231 mBTC

On broadcasting the transaction, I get an error like:

error: The transaction was rejected by network rules. (Missing inputs) [0100000001c134301949b84f41a7570e7556d47d88b645ec914a6291eb28432aa5a69ba082000000006a473044..

I am not sure if I am missing anything? I provided all the inputs asked in Send tab, the what does this missing input means? TIA

Edit:
I have one more doubt. Where are logs of electrum wallet, Like I run electrum wallet as ./electrm --testnet , so do I need to add any other flag to get logs or if the logs are stored in any file?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 07:49:56 AM

I am using test network with Electrum. I was trying to send BTC's to my other account for testing purpose. I used following inputs:

PayTo: mkjz22n7KPJbUrz39EnQyuAMM64kHbxGUE
Description: Transferred for Testing
Amount: 1 mBTC
Fee Slider: Max

I have selected dynamic fee from tools-->preferences. I have 975.0 mBTC in my account.

When I try to send Transaction, on the screen asking for Password, I can see:

Amount to be sent: 1 mBTC
Mining fee: 0.231 mBTC

On broadcasting the transaction, I get an error like:

error: The transaction was rejected by network rules. (Missing inputs) [0100000001c134301949b84f41a7570e7556d47d88b645ec914a6291eb28432aa5a69ba082000000006a473044..

I am not sure if I am missing anything? I provided all the inputs asked in Send tab, the what does this missing input means? TIA

Well, all i can say is that i personally used the test network for educational purposes, and i did think it wasn't that stable, the nodes don't seem to rely blocks that efficient or something... I didn't investigate the root cause, but the end result was that sometimes blocks and transactions seemed to take a really long time to propagate trough the network (no proof tough).

This error basically says that one node has an output in it's utxo set that can be spent by an address your wallet manages, so you have used this output as input when you created your transaction, but when you wanted to broadcast the transaction, you sent it to a node that didn't have the input in it's utxo set.

Basically, i think that waiting a couple of days *MIGHT* fix the problem... Just remember that you probably didn't do anything wrong (i haven't seen this error on the main net yet), and you're working on the testnetwork, so expect people to do weird things on this network Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
prashant.singh (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:25:22 AM

So does that mean I won't be able to send BTC because the network is not reliable? And I need to wait for days to hope that some magic happens.
Developers don't work like that. I mean then what's the point of having a test network, where you can not test your functionalities.
Is there something wrong with electrum, or bitcoin test network is not reliable at all?
What are my other options to test electrum functionalities? I don't want to use real BTC for testing purpose, they are too costly to lose if I make any silly mistake :p
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 09:31:19 AM

So does that mean I won't be able to send BTC because the network is not reliable? And I need to wait for days to hope that some magic happens.
Developers don't work like that. I mean then what's the point of having a test network, where you can not test your functionalities.
Is there something wrong with electrum, or bitcoin test network is not reliable at all?
What are my other options to test electrum functionalities? I don't want to use real BTC for testing purpose, they are too costly to lose if I make any silly mistake :p

I can only tell you things out of personal experiences i had a long time ago... Maybe recently the test network is more stable, i couldn't tell you, but a long time ago, i personally didn't think it was all that stable.
AFAIK, the test network is constantly getting used for all kinds of tests, protocol tests, asicboost, spam attacks, segwit, LN,... Combine this with a lower node count and fluctuating hashrate... Maybe i'm wrong, this is just my gut feeling after using it for my own education a longer time ago.

But as far as development goes, if you use outputs that have been in the UTXO set for a long time, coming from transactions that made it into blocks a long time ago, you should be able to use the test network for development purposes, especially if you run bitcoind -testnet, since you'd be using only your own node when developing. AFAIK, electrum connects to 8 nodes, and can potentially switch the main node each time you connect, so if one of the 8 nodes has more or less blocks, a completely different UTXO set, a different mempool,... Things might seems strange. You don't have this problem if you run your own node, since that would be the only place where you look for transactions, blocks, mempool entries, utxo,...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
prashant.singh (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:59:09 AM

I can only tell you things out of personal experiences i had a long time ago... Maybe recently the test network is more stable, i couldn't tell you, but a long time ago, i personally didn't think it was all that stable.
AFAIK, the test network is constantly getting used for all kinds of tests, protocol tests, asicboost, spam attacks, segwit, LN,... Combine this with a lower node count and fluctuating hashrate... Maybe i'm wrong, this is just my gut feeling after using it for my own education a longer time ago.

But as far as development goes, if you use outputs that have been in the UTXO set for a long time, coming from transactions that made it into blocks a long time ago, you should be able to use the test network for development purposes, especially if you run bitcoind -testnet, since you'd be using only your own node when developing. AFAIK, electrum connects to 8 nodes, and can potentially switch the main node each time you connect, so if one of the 8 nodes has more or less blocks, a completely different UTXO set, a different mempool,... Things might seems strange. You don't have this problem if you run your own node, since that would be the only place where you look for transactions, blocks, mempool entries, utxo,...

Great. Thanks for the help. Smiley
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1560

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:57:37 AM

testnet electrum isn't a fair reflection of main net electrum. i've faced errors there too.

My suggestion is to create the transaction in electrum but broadcast it using various online tools that were made for this purpose.

To get the signed transaction from electrum follow these steps:

- compose the transaction as normal on the send tab  but don't click on the 'send' button.
- click on the 'preview' button instead
- then click on the 'sign' button in the window that pops-up
- finally click on copy to copy the signed transaction to the clipboard.

Now you should be able to broadcast it via sites like this: https://testnet.blockexplorer.com/tx/send#!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: