Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:42:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EQUIHASH ASICS!?!?! Can it really be?  (Read 12604 times)
yianni

Activity: 141
Merit: 18

BScEE, BScCS, MScCS

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:43:07 AM

Ok. I only registered do give more proof of a scam and thank you.

When I reverse-google the picture, I didn't get any seagate or external harddrive.
But what I found is a forum from 2013 posting the picture and the specs:
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M3
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=163381

Grin

And I also posted a comment on the equi-hash site asking why it looks like the "little black box" with a link to it.
My comment is waiting for approval right now. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Proof: Wink

Thanks for you guys, who initially started to mark this as scam. Saved my money. Wink

Well you could watch some nice movies on it :p

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
soulmachine

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 06:05:46 PM

Only a video is a real proof, so many days passed but there is still no video, so it is  SCAM for sure !
gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:33:08 PM

It's actually easier to create an ethash ASIC miner than equihash ASIC. so most probably fake ethash is more dependent on memory so just produce ASIC with fast memory it will do the job while equihash is dependent on core and memory so more complicated manufacturing process is needed if they did so they can compete with Nvidia and AMD in GPU market. "ethash asics first needed to be released before we even complain about news regarding equihash asics".

STOP eating Oreo save the orangutans
https://www.orangutan.org.au/about-orangutans/orangutan-threats/
badfad

Activity: 186
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:10:15 PM

It's easy .. scammer = parasite - produce nothing and live of other superior lifeforms.

Some people are asking to be scammed though ...
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:09:07 PM

See the answer is complicated...
ASICs are nothing but the advance version of GPU, so it is possible to produce ASIC but no one will because the ASIC works on algorithm from cryptocurrencies.
N these people dont want to asics it may kill the coin just like DASH. So all the coins resists ASICs these days. So dont expect any public ASIC will be available in market for sale which can mine Equihash.
But yes as per my knowledge thr r few people who are mining Equihash on ASIC kind of machines.

Happy Mining...
AB

exactly, not publicly available, but secret ones? It could be...

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
vorpalspear

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:47:26 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 09:31:54 AM by vorpalspear

no it can't be, but equihash is more prone to fbga than etheruem for example, so in the future it's possible to have the hash rate much higher, i think what you linked oculd be a rig that mine equihash, made of amd gpu like they did with the panda miner for etheruem, at first everyone claimed that it was an asic, but it was just composed by gpu chipset
The new Bitmain Ethash miner on the horizon (shipping in August) matches GPUs in hashrate/watt, so that indicates also it is probably merely some GPUs with lots of memory in a box.  But the thing is, it costs $800 for the equivalent of 5x 1080 Ti or 5x Vega 64.  So _if_ it really is some standard GPU chips in a box with memory, then this could spell the end of using regular graphics cards for mining, because you should be able to reprogram such a box o' GPUs for virtually any coin.  On the other hand, if new crypto-algorithms required the latest patented architecture of NVIDIA/AMD to be able to get a good hashrate, then maybe generic GPUs in a box won't be able to hack it.  

What I'd like to see is something like x16r that combines the most supposedly-ASIC-resistant algos out there.  So it could use Equihash, a new permutation of daggerhashimoto, yescrypt, an Nvidia-Volta-specific algo, an AMD-Vega-specific algo, and a few more like the latest version of cryptonight.  So to mine something like this efficiently you'd need at the minimum a good CPU, a recent NVIDIA card and a recent AMD card all in the same machine.  

I'm not a computer architecture expert, so I don't know if the above is a workable or good idea, but obviously something has to be done besides forking every 6 months. How do you know the core devs aren't colluding to produce their own ASICs ahead of release? People who want freedom and privacy will move to the more decentralized ASIC-resistant PoW crypto, and people who don't value their freedom or privacy will go back to using paypal and visa/mastercard.  And all the ASIC coins will be the first ones broken (probably covertly) by quantum computers.  
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:41:51 AM

no it can't be, but equihash is more prone to fbga than etheruem for example, so in the future it's possible to have the hash rate much higher, i think what you linked oculd be a rig that mine equihash, made of amd gpu like they did with the panda miner for etheruem, at first everyone claimed that it was an asic, but it was just composed by gpu chipset
The new Bitmain Ethash miner on the horizon (shipping in August) matches GPUs in hashrate/watt, so that indicates also it is probably merely some GPUs with lots of memory in a box.  But the thing is, it costs $800 for the equivalent of 5x 1080 Ti or 5x Vega 64.  So _if_ it really is some standard GPU chips in a box with memory, then this could spell the end of using regular graphics cards for mining, because you should be able to reprogram such a box o' GPUs for virtually any coin.  On the other hand, if new crypto-algorithms required the latest patented architecture of NVIDIA/AMD to be able to get a good hashrate, then maybe generic GPUs in a box won't be able to hack it.  

What I'd like to see is something like x16r that combines the most supposedly-ASIC-resistant algos out there.  So it could use Equihash, a new permutation of daggerhashimoto, yescrypt, an Nvidia-Volta-specific algo, an AMD-Vega-specific algo, and a few more like the latest version of cryptonight.  So to mine something like this efficiently you'd need at the minimum a good CPU, a recent NVIDIA card and a recent AMD card all in the same machine.  

I'm not a computer architecture expert, so I don't know if the above is a workable or good idea, but obviously something has to be done besides forking every 6 months. How do you know the core devs aren't colluding to produce their own ASICs ahead of release? People who want freedom and privacy will move to the more decentralized ASIC-resistant PoW crypto, and people who don't value their freedom or privacy will go back to using paypal and visa/mastercard.  And all the ASIC coins will be the first ones broken (probably covertly) by quantum computers.  

yeah yeah...  I see your points.

First of all I think the chicom will learn some humility in the coming years... they seems to have forgotten a lot of think by being trapped in the propaganda and lies of cccp...

I have no idea what's inside those miners... It's possible that they stole some ip to clone gpu chips... who knows... but you point a very important thing, is that nvidia is the type of dirty company (who crypt their bioses) to pay or even develop in house specific algo for their architecture... they did it a lot in the gaming world... just their physx shit... what a scandal...

sha 2 is the easiest algo... and so could be the most competitive... once samsung and maybe intel enter those little shit head from china will start to understand, that we know they want war and they will be served...

their attempted alliance with the terrorists organization call the E.U. is enough for me (which will result in few death from the traitors in europe, the cia being way way way way way more free in foreign unliberated nation).

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
vorpalspear

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:42:04 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2018, 06:23:56 PM by vorpalspear

I have no idea what's inside those miners... It's possible that they stole some ip to clone gpu chips... who knows...
Good point!

sha 2 is the easiest algo... and so could be the most competitive... once samsung and maybe intel enter those little shit head from china will start to understand, that we know they want war and they will be served...
https://www.extremetech.com/computing/263254-samsung-begins-manufacturing-asic-chips-mining-cryptocurrency
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:54:04 PM

Now the acquisition of asics becomes unprofitable. I think a lot of people don't understand it but soon I think they'll understand and give up this idea. Now there is a shake-up for the whole market. The profitability of mining decreased to a minimum. I have a lot of friends selling rigs. Asics is generally impossible to sell. Nobody wants them. Cryptocurrency also has fallen dramatically in price.
vorpalspear

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:09:19 PM

Now the acquisition of asics becomes unprofitable. I think a lot of people don't understand it but soon I think they'll understand and give up this idea. Now there is a shake-up for the whole market. The profitability of mining decreased to a minimum. I have a lot of friends selling rigs. Asics is generally impossible to sell. Nobody wants them. Cryptocurrency also has fallen dramatically in price.
ASICs are a real threat to decentralized cryptocurrency. But I'm optimistic new algorithms will be developed
that will remove not only the energy advantage of ASICs, but also the cost advantage, like with the new
Bitmain ETHash miner, which again has no energy advantage, but should have a 3-4x hardware cost
advantage upon shipping in August.

I think what is also may be needed for a truly decentralized cryptocurrency is a mechanism to quickly
change the algorithm and forking before development of an ASIC is possible. A mechanism that doesn't
allow for a conspiracy behind the scenes, a mechanism that doesn't allow for advanced knowledge of
what the new algorithm will be. Probably would have to be done every 3 months, like clockwork.

I want to see an x16r yescrypt hybrid.  The x16r framework, but incorporating many different
yescrypt-like GPU-resistant algorithms.   But I'm not sure yescrypt is truly GPU-resistant.  
Maybe it is just that nobody has coded a good GPU miner for it yet.
vorpalspear

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:27:09 PM

ASICs are a real threat to decentralized cryptocurrency. But I'm optimistic new algorithms will be developed
that will remove not only the energy advantage of ASICs, but also the cost advantage, like with the new
Bitmain ETHash miner, which again has no energy advantage, but should have a 3-4x hardware cost
advantage upon shipping in August.

I think what is also may be needed for a truly decentralized cryptocurrency is a mechanism to quickly
change the algorithm and forking before development of an ASIC is possible. A mechanism that doesn't
allow for a conspiracy behind the scenes, a mechanism that doesn't allow for (very) advanced knowledge of
what the new algorithm will be. Probably would have to be done every 3 months, like clockwork.

I want to see an x16r yescrypt hybrid.  The x16r framework, but incorporating many different
yescrypt-like GPU-resistant algorithms.   But I'm not sure yescrypt is truly GPU-resistant.  
Maybe it is just that nobody has coded a good GPU miner for it yet.
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:58:58 PM

Who the hell bumped this thread. Look at the date !!!
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:45:37 PM

The new Bitmain Ethash miner on the horizon (shipping in August) matches GPUs in hashrate/watt, so that indicates also it is probably merely some GPUs with lots of memory in a box.  But the thing is, it costs $800 for the equivalent of 5x 1080 Ti or 5x Vega 64.

It would be more fair to compare it to 6 x 1070 or 6 x RX 570/580, since ETH miners don't USE Vega or 1080 ti cards due to their VERY POOR HASHRATE PER $.

Sure both cards will do ballpark 35 Mhash, but when a 1070 at less than 70% of the cost manages 31+ and a RX 570/580 at HALF OR LESS the cost manages 28-30.....

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:45:52 AM

Who the hell bumped this thread. Look at the date !!!

Bump by the Lol  Cheesy

IT IS NOT A SCAM I HAVE BEEN MINING WITH IT
EQUIHASHER A1

These are device design which are best

If not want to believe dont believe it

First i remember when antminer miners came people said it is scam
How it is and now people like their products

It works

Thts a big lol.....

anyways, its been a hot issue after Bitmain released its Cryptonight and Etash doorstopper machines (hope not)

If this thread started today, possibility are they truly exist.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: