Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:41:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Developing an indie game, looking for investors  (Read 465 times)
ShadyGuyStudios (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 03:51:33 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2017, 07:00:14 PM by ShadyGuyStudios

Hacker Game (working title) is a social strategy game where players take the role of a hacker. The game plays similarly to mafia wars (on facebook), with a similar monetization model. We’ve added several additional game mechanics and elements that make our game more player driven than similar games however.

It’s technically in the Social Strategy genre, but I like to look at it as a text based MMORPG similar to Mobster Boss (http://mobsterboss.com/). Without revealing too much of what we have planned for our game I’d be happy to answer any questions you have about it.

I’m also perfectly happy with providing a copy of our GDD, and Monetization Documents to anyone who is interested.

The game is being Developed in Unity, and my team and I all work full time jobs. I currently work 55 hours a week, my programming lead works 60 hours a week, and my two other team members both work full time jobs, and take care of their children.

The main reason we are looking for funds is so we can take time off, and put more time into our game.

I can also provide a complete breakdown of how funds will be used if you're interested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lockept93

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 04:24:24 AM

The problem is everybody could say this. You cant ask for a investment without any showing or proofing material. This is not cause everybody think you a scammer - this is because everybody want to see that's real.

So show what you got so far.

ShadyGuyStudios (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 04:35:35 AM

The problem is everybody could say this. You cant ask for a investment without any showing or proofing material. This is not cause everybody think you a scammer - this is because everybody want to see that's real.

As I said above, I'd be happy to show both the GDD, and the Monetization Documents to anyone who was interested. I can send them to you if you'd like. Just pm me your email address.
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 04:43:05 AM

As I said above, I'd be happy to show both the GDD, and the Monetization Documents to anyone who was interested. I can send them to you if you'd like.

Such documents dont help those who lend you money get it back. I think your best bet would be to launch a kickstarter or a indiegogo campaign.
ShadyGuyStudios (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 04:52:56 AM

As I said above, I'd be happy to show both the GDD, and the Monetization Documents to anyone who was interested. I can send them to you if you'd like.

Such documents dont help those who lend you money get it back. I think your best bet would be to launch a kickstarter or a indiegogo campaign.

This isn't really a loan. It's an investment and it could go either way to be honest. If the game sells then we should all make money, if it doesn't sell then we're all losing money. We've considered going to kickstarter but we really don't like the idea of setting an "investment goal" that, if not reached results in losing what funds people have offered us.

What I can promise is that we're busting our asses working on this game, we've got a lot invested in this project both monetarily and emotionally.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 05:26:42 PM

This isn't really a loan.

Then please move it (link to move under this post) to the proper section.  Because right now you are just a noob asking for a no collateral loan, which gets you negative trust fast.

What I can promise is that we're busting our asses working on this game, we've got a lot invested in this project both monetarily and emotionally.

Building the game is the easy part, and doesn't require investors.  Build it in your spare time.

Marketing of the game will be the hard part.  Attracting players.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
ShadyGuyStudios (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 06:45:06 PM

This isn't really a loan.

Then please move it (link to move under this post) to the proper section.  Because right now you are just a noob asking for a no collateral loan, which gets you negative trust fast.

Building the game is the easy part, and doesn't require investors.  Build it in your spare time.

Marketing of the game will be the hard part.  Attracting players.

Sure I can move the post. And well...building the game and marketing are both the hard parts. We have an estimated 3500-5000 hours of development left depending on production continues to move forward. Each of us working on it full time would allow us to move our product out faster.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: