Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:09:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Victim of BTC scammer - please help !!  (Read 885 times)
papaxamo111 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:29:56 PM

Hello guys,

It's already 2 months ago my bank froze my account because of suspicious activity. I wanted to show them evidence of BTC transaction, IDs of the guy I was buying BTC and all documents according to this transaction but bank didn't want to see anything from me. They just told me I have to wait for the letter, my account is under the investigation etc.

After 2 months of waiting, I have finally got information from the bank that guy who bought the BTC from me was a scammer. Lady from the bank told me that the scammer has stolen the money from some other victim account and hence the money I got from scammer have been returned back to victim's bank account.

The lady also told me the bank sent me two letters but I have never received any of them ... the letters have been sent 2 months ago ...

Did you have any similar experience or do you know someone who faced very same issue? What's your recommendation to do as next steps? Should I go to the police and report this crime?

Do you think is there any chance to get some money back?  Angry

I would appreciate any advice and help !!

Thanks a lot.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:26:07 PM

If you are innocent and there is no issues I would certainly take this to the Police.

What country are you in? Police will investigate the issues and it shouldn't affect you personally if you are telling the truth.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1202

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 03:52:37 AM

Hello guys,

It's already 2 months ago my bank froze my account because of suspicious activity. I wanted to show them evidence of BTC transaction, IDs of the guy I was buying BTC and all documents according to this transaction but bank didn't want to see anything from me. They just told me I have to wait for the letter, my account is under the investigation etc.

After 2 months of waiting, I have finally got information from the bank that guy who bought the BTC from me was a scammer. Lady from the bank told me that the scammer has stolen the money from some other victim account and hence the money I got from scammer have been returned back to victim's bank account.

The lady also told me the bank sent me two letters but I have never received any of them ... the letters have been sent 2 months ago ...

Did you have any similar experience or do you know someone who faced very same issue? What's your recommendation to do as next steps? Should I go to the police and report this crime?

Do you think is there any chance to get some money back?  Angry

I would appreciate any advice and help !!

Thanks a lot.
if it is a big sum of money,you need a lawyer for this the bank manager did not explained to your clearly what are your violations and if it really your faults,it's not your faults but somebody is,it's a hole in their system that they should not blame it on their clients.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:07:20 AM

Hello guys,

What was the suspicious activity ? Do you mind elaborating on that ?

That's messed up.Either way,you could tell the Bank that it isn't your concern since you have traded goods with them and you want your money ?

You could argue.Don't give up.Be ready to take legal actions or just tell them you will.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 05:08:06 PM

What was the amount you were scammed of? Kindly share the details of the transaction as the user can be a member of this forum and he can be tracked here. Also, you can file an FIR and report to the cyber crime of this issue. They can track his IP and get him arrested if he is from your country. If the scammer is from another country, it would be almost impossible to track him down. It happened with me as well where a user from the forum sent me fraudulent funds in my local currency but the police did not cooperate and the case is still pending.

papaxamo111 (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 05:51:49 PM

If you are innocent and there is no issues I would certainly take this to the Police.

What country are you in? Police will investigate the issues and it shouldn't affect you personally if you are telling the truth.

I come from the United Kingdom.
sardasa

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 09:48:12 AM

I come from the United Kingdom.

Can you please tell more details about the person with whom you were dealing?
I have also dealt with someone who comes from UK. Don't want to end up in situation like yours.

Lontongmie

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:40:28 AM

There is always going to be a risk when dealing with Bitcoin. You took stolen money, so there it little to no chance of you getting your money back.

Edu Mail Seller

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:29:25 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2017, 05:46:59 AM by Edu Mail Seller

There is always going to be a risk when dealing with Bitcoin. You took stolen money, so there it little to no chance of you getting your money back.

How about you stop to spam for your signature?

What you said was already told to him
cryptoforfree

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 08:35:06 PM

I recently lost 0.09 BTC to a ****ing scammer.  Cry
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:48:12 PM

I recently lost 0.09 BTC to a ****ing scammer.  Cry

Firstly, I am sorry for your loss.

Was this on this forum, or elsewhere? If it happened on the forum, please create a separate thread and use this to detail exactly what happened:

Code:
[b][color=black]What happened:: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Scammers Profile Link: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Reference Link: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Amount Scammed: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Payment Method: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Proof of Payment: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]PM/Chat Logs: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Additional Notes: [/color][/b]

While we won't be able to recover your money for you, we can certainly tag the user as a scammer to prevent them doing the same thing to somebody else.

I understand this sucks to say the least, but consider this 0.09 BTC loss as an expensive (and at the same time relatively cheap) lesson in trusting no one. Use escrow on your deals to protect yourself in the future, and always do due diligence on those you trade with.

All the best Smiley

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
cryptoforfree

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 09:29:26 PM

I was scammed before I joined this forum.
It was because of one of those "investment" sites.
That particular site somehow installed malware that hacked my BTCwallet.
I am new to Bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: