Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 10:26:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-04-28] South Korean Bitcoin Exchange Suffers $5 Million Hack  (Read 12518 times)
jonnybravo0411

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 04:19:34 PM

Any secret information that helps to achieve the goal falls into the hands of hackers only from employees.

It could very well be an inside job. In some cases 'hacked' exchanges (Bitfinex is one of them) show shady behavior prior and after the 'hack'. In this case I can't judge on how it was behaving prior to the hack as I honestly didn't know this exchange before articles about a hack started to pop up. Either way, the customers are always the victim. It will take years before they get a full refund (assuming this exchange doesn't break their promise). Sad reality.
I find it very difficult to believe that Bitcoin can be connected with North Korea. This is not a country where people can make a choice in this or that direction of employment. And for illegal use or financial circulation with illegal currency turnover in general can sentence to the death penalty. The North Korean government will not joke.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Antoshka

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 12:09:41 PM

Any secret information that helps to achieve the goal falls into the hands of hackers only from employees.

It could very well be an inside job. In some cases 'hacked' exchanges (Bitfinex is one of them) show shady behavior prior and after the 'hack'. In this case I can't judge on how it was behaving prior to the hack as I honestly didn't know this exchange before articles about a hack started to pop up. Either way, the customers are always the victim. It will take years before they get a full refund (assuming this exchange doesn't break their promise). Sad reality.
I find it very difficult to believe that Bitcoin can be connected with North Korea. This is not a country where people can make a choice in this or that direction of employment. And for illegal use or financial circulation with illegal currency turnover in general can sentence to the death penalty. The North Korean government will not joke.

I agree that North Korea has very strict laws. I do not think that bitcoin can be distributed there. There, the economy and the government are too conservative.
Maybe this news arose for the people to have a negative opinion about bitcoin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: