Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:14:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Road to RX 570/580 7 GPU MINING RIG  (Read 83707 times)
Jamievs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:28:31 PM

No clue how you get those hashrates done. I read your other threads but my RX 580 dont even come close. I have them at 28mh/s - 362 mh/s  Huh with a bios mod and 1150 / 2150 settings on Trixx.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vexermeister

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:54:12 PM

what if i have an old motherboard asus maximus formula v? T_T mine still 5 gpus. 1gpu undetected

I have an ASUS Maximus Formula V with 6 GPUs and it works with the above driver trick. You might need to look at your bios settings. If I remember correctly, I had to put Gen 2 on all three PCIE - and there is an option under those three PCIE's option that I can't quite remember what it was called. Something setup - I chose the first setup and gave it a try.

Its up and running and works great. So I know it's possible.

I already changed to Gen 2 for PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX_2
then the last one is Gen3 Preset which I changed to Preset 1. but still I don't get to detect the other gpu

Double checked my settings - and that's it. I have Gen 2, Gen 2, Gen 2 and then preset 1. You might double check your risers, power and or maybe even put it in a different slot. I do remember a slight delay when it recognized my card. I started it up, went to device manager and seen a line item that said unrecognized VGA device under something other than the display adapters. 2-3 minutes went by and then the screen flickered and it installed the driver and recognized all the cards.

You might also check your device manager to see if you see anything along those lines - unrecognized VGA device.

I'm assuming you have the most up to date bios too?

Windows 10?

what is your bios? also yeah im using windows 10.
mine only shows two PCIE that I can put Gen 2. then Preset1 that's it. also which slots did you used? did you use all 3 red pcie slots?
laat, did you install card 1 by 1 or altogether? just want to be sure that im doing correctly thanks Smiley
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:05:07 AM

Rig pr0n

I like what I see there!

What motherboard are you using for 8 GPUs? Are you using a 1 to 3 PCI-E addon board?
BeyondDeception

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:50:06 AM

what if i have an old motherboard asus maximus formula v? T_T mine still 5 gpus. 1gpu undetected

I have an ASUS Maximus Formula V with 6 GPUs and it works with the above driver trick. You might need to look at your bios settings. If I remember correctly, I had to put Gen 2 on all three PCIE - and there is an option under those three PCIE's option that I can't quite remember what it was called. Something setup - I chose the first setup and gave it a try.

then the last one is Gen3 Preset which I changed to Preset 1. but still I don't get to detect the other gpu

Double checked my settings - and that's it. I have Gen 2, Gen 2, Gen 2 and then preset 1. You might double check your risers, power and or maybe even put it in a different slot. I do remember a slight delay when it recognized my card. I started it up, went to device manager and seen a line item that said unrecognized VGA device under something other than the display adapters. 2-3 minutes went by and then the screen flickered and it installed the driver and recognized all the cards.

You might also check your device manager to see if you see anything along those lines - unrecognized VGA device.

Windows 10?

mine only shows two PCIE that I can put Gen 2. then Preset1 that's it. also which slots did you used? did you use all 3 red pcie slots?
laat, did you install card 1 by 1 or altogether? just want to be sure that im doing correctly thanks Smiley

I'm using BIOS 1903
I'm not using all 3 red pcie slots. I'm using the first 6 from top to bottom.
I did initially only use the first 2 red pcie slots to make sure it recognized the cards. Once I realized it recognized the cards - then I put all of them in there. I never installed the drivers at this point. I wanted to make sure that the mobo and windows recognized them. At that time, it was only 5 cards, because I experienced the issue with other rigs. Then I installed the driver 17.4.4. Ran, but was unstable. Kept get GPU 1 hangs in open cl errors.

Then once the driver trick came out - I DDU the AMD driver. Restarted my computer. Did the driver trick and restarted with 5 cards. I first wanted to make sure it was stable with just the 5 cards, because of the error in claymore I kept getting. Then about an hour later when I realized it was stable, I shut it down and inserted the 6th card. Started it - opened up the device manager right away. Seen the incompatible VGA card message. Then waited about 2-4 minutes and the system caught it. It installed the driver and the sixth card showed up.

But at this point - I think you should see if your machine will at least see all six cards without the drivers. No one had a problem with their mobo/windows seeing all six or seven cards without the drivers. It was as soon as the driver was installed that it would not boot if you had more than 5 cards. If your machine sees the cards - then I think you'll have no problem making it work.

On my bios - it says this. PCIEx16_1 - Gen 2, PCIEx16_2 - gen 2, PCIEx16_3 - gen 2 (but also says "not used," because I have nothing in this slot). Then lastly it says Gen3 preset - preset 1. I'm pretty sure that the gen 3 doesn't do much, but for consistency that's what I have it on and mine is working.

CPU - just in case is I5-3570 Ivy Bridge.

Hopefully this info helps you, but if it doesn't feel free to ask more questions. I'll help anyway I can. I know it works. I'm not pulling your leg, promise - I think it's just a matter of fiddling with it.

vexermeister

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:55:49 AM

Windows 10?

I'm using BIOS 1903
I did initially only use the first 2 red pcie slots to make sure it recognized the cards. Once I realized it recognized the cards - then I put all of them in there. I never installed the drivers at this point. I wanted to make sure that the mobo and windows recognized them. At that time, it was only 5 cards, because I experienced the issue with other rigs. Then I installed the driver 17.4.4. Ran, but was unstable. Kept get GPU 1 hangs in open cl errors.

Then once the driver trick came out - I DDU the AMD driver. Restarted my computer. Did the driver trick and restarted with 5 cards. I first wanted to make sure it was stable with just the 5 cards, because of the error in claymore I kept getting. Then about an hour later when I realized it was stable, I shut it down and inserted the 6th card. Started it - opened up the device manager right away. Seen the incompatible VGA card message. Then waited about 2-4 minutes and the system caught it. It installed the driver and the sixth card showed up.

But at this point - I think you should see if your machine will at least see all six cards without the drivers. No one had a problem with their mobo/windows seeing all six or seven cards without the drivers. It was as soon as the driver was installed that it would not boot if you had more than 5 cards. If your machine sees the cards - then I think you'll have no problem making it work.

On my bios - it says this. PCIEx16_1 - Gen 2, PCIEx16_2 - gen 2, PCIEx16_3 - gen 2 (but also says "not used," because I have nothing in this slot). Then lastly it says Gen3 preset - preset 1. I'm pretty sure that the gen 3 doesn't do much, but for consistency that's what I have it on and mine is working.

Hopefully this info helps you, but if it doesn't feel free to ask more questions. I'll help anyway I can. I know it works. I'm not pulling your leg, promise - I think it's just a matter of fiddling with it.

thanks for all the info. mine doesn't have the PCIEx16_3. hmm? i need to recheck the bios if updated. Later i will put more time on it just to make sure there's no fault in all the risers and gpus. i'm also thinking that i don't have to use the 3rd red pcie slot. but I did. later i will reinstall 1 by 1 all the gpu to make sure everything is detected. to sort out whats wrong. thanks man! Smiley i will update you once it works Smiley

btw, did you mod your bios for your 580s? also which brand you have? i got the XFX Black Edition GTS 8gb. left it mining eth then after an hour it freezes. im using now teamviewer so i cannot solve the problem.
i will visit my rig later XD
helczy

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:41:18 AM

I think we all need that information. MOTHERBOARD? How did you get 8 PCI-E? SPECS?  Huh
Apneal

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:51:21 PM

Lol I've said many a time that I'm using a Z270-A Pro with an addon board
justchil

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:17:47 PM

Which addon board are you using?  I have been shopping around a bit.

Great work guys!  I have been pulling my hair out trying to get 5x570 work on ASRock H170A-X1.

I still haven't found the "4G Decoding in Bios" option.  Does anyone happen to know if this board/bios has the option.

Are you guys adjusting the TOLUD setting?  I know on my TB-250 I had to set it to 3.5.  If I set it to 3.5 with the H170A the PC will not display video.  It does work at 2.5 though.

Thanks again for this great information Smiley
BeyondDeception

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 03:08:47 PM

Windows 10?

I'm using BIOS 1903

thanks for all the info. mine doesn't have the PCIEx16_3. hmm? i need to recheck the bios if updated. Later i will put more time on it just to make sure there's no fault in all the risers and gpus. i'm also thinking that i don't have to use the 3rd red pcie slot. but I did. later i will reinstall 1 by 1 all the gpu to make sure everything is detected. to sort out whats wrong. thanks man! Smiley i will update you once it works Smiley

btw, did you mod your bios for your 580s? also which brand you have? i got the XFX Black Edition GTS 8gb. left it mining eth then after an hour it freezes. im using now teamviewer so i cannot solve the problem.
i will visit my rig later XD

Definitely, let me know if you get it running. Sounds like a good plan, motherboards can be finicky sometimes. I think one by one is probably a good call. Sometimes slower is faster. I haven't modded my bios yet. I'm newer to mining and while I have modded a bios before in my gaming days - I currently have this weird rules that until I get my ROI, I'm not going to take a chance to brick my video cards. I should have my investment covered in a few months. I have the MSI RX 580 Gaming X 8G. I got a good deal on them - so I went for it.

justchil

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 03:32:43 PM

Which addon board are you using?  I have been shopping around a bit.

Great work guys!  I have been pulling my hair out trying to get 5x570 work on ASRock H170A-X1.

I still haven't found the "4G Decoding in Bios" option.  Does anyone happen to know if this board/bios has the option.

Are you guys adjusting the TOLUD setting?  I know on my TB-250 I had to set it to 3.5.  If I set it to 3.5 with the H170A the PC will not display video.  It does work at 2.5 though.

Thanks again for this great information Smiley

I have 4 gpu's in my rig (will try 5 when I get home).  The driver "trick" works perfect.

In addition to working fine -- I am no longer seeing high voltages on my cards.  Before they would go to 1.xx volt despite being set to 0.925 in the bios -- If I changed the clock speed in afterburner to 1150 then back to 1200 they would run at 0.925.

NOW they are using the voltage correctly.  I am also seeing a reduction of around 15w per card.
bumpindatrunk

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:56:46 PM

IS WORKING  - WE CONFIRM!

Hello All.
I was able to get 6 x RX-500 series running on windows 10 x64. After two days the stupidest thing I tried worked  Grin.
1. use DDU to clean the PC from any previous drivers.
2. Disable 4G decoding so you can log into windows (only  for Z170,H170, etc.)
3. Extract older driver for RX 400 series in Drive C: (I use 16.9.2 )
4. Extract driver for RX 500 series in Drive C: (I use 17.4.3)
5. Copy and replace all content from "C:\AMD\Non-WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.9.2-Sep21\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B307117"  to "C:\AMD\WHQL-Win7-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.4.3-Apr17\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF\B313057" (Basically you copy the old driver over the new)
6. Install the VGA cards manually from Device manager in Windows pointing path to the new driver 17.4.3 in this case.
7. Reboot and enable 4G Decoding in Bios
8. Enjoy if it works for you.

GREAT WORK antanas012 - is it Yours Masterpiece?

I`m glad my solution worked for all of you. Grin
I build rigs for my self and also for sale, so last week got a new order for 6 rig`s get all the components and start building it realizing the new RX500 series have driver issues and after two days start to wonder if i can modify the drivers by just replacing couple of files. I copied all off the driver just to check if the new ones accept the old DLL`s, CAB`s etc. files and it`s just happen to work  Cool.
So just got lucky this time around. Grin  

I did this, but i did it with windows 10 drivers and it didnt work. Then i noticed that you downloaded win 10 64bit 16.9.2 software and WINDOWS 7 64bit 17.4.3. Is that what I did wrong? I need to use 17.4.3 for windows 7?Huh
Apneal

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:59:55 PM

Run DDU, uninstall everything.
Extract the 16.9.2 package and the 17.4.3 package.
Copy the contents of the B30##### folder from the 16.9.2 package into the B31##### folder of the 17.4.3 package. Confirm overwrite files.
Run the Setup.exe in the 17.4.3 package. Install AMD display drivers. Accept unsigned drivers.
bumpindatrunk

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:03:51 PM

Copy the contents of the B30##### folder from the 16.9.2 package into the B31##### folder of the 17.4.3 package. Confirm overwrite files.
Run the Setup.exe in the 17.4.3 package. Install AMD display drivers. Accept unsigned drivers.

Yes, that is what I did. however look at step 5

5. Copy and replace all content from "C:\AMD\Non-WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.9.2-Sep21\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B307117"  to "C:\AMD\WHQL-Win7-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.4.3-Apr17\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF\B313057" (Basically you copy the old driver over the new)

it sais win 10 package on 16.9.2-Sept21 and it sais WIN7 on 17.4.3-Apr 17. Is that a typpo??
bumpindatrunk

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:10:42 PM

IF I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 10 64bit, DO I

16.9.2 being for rx 480 windows 10?? and 17.4.3 for rx 580 windows 7? or 10?

I did all that except i used windows 10 17.4.3.. didnt work. do i need to use win7  17.4.3 as in original instructions??
justchil

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:16:20 PM

I am running Windows 10 x64.

I use 16.12.2 / 17.4.4.  I do get a warning about having an unsigned driver but after the driver installs I run pixel patcher 1.4.5.

There are versions of 16.x.x and 17.x.x for Windows 7/7x64 10/10x64 etc...
bumpindatrunk

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:25:11 PM

IF I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 10 64bit, DO I

16.9.2 being for rx 480 windows 10?? and 17.4.3 for rx 580 windows 7? or 10?

I did all that except i used windows 10 17.4.3.. didnt work. do i need to use win7  17.4.3 as in original instructions??

i am trying to run 6 rx 580 nitro+ with modded bios's hashing 30 mhs each on a z270 a pro gaming mobo from msi.. Am I missing something? 16gb ram.. 1500 watt psu silverstone.. overkill? After 4 cards I just get the black screen if the 4g decoding is on, and if it's off it just sais code error 12 "this device cannot find enough free resources blah blah" on 3 out of 2 cards. should i try what the dude was saying earlier and plug in 2 cards at a time so they can get recognized first? I'm just gathering info for tonight when I get on it again. thanks ya'll
ShopemNL
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 06:32:38 PM

Rig pr0n

how many watt?

vexermeister

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:13:03 PM

finally able to use 6x RX580 but on my z77 mpower msi.
is anyone also using here XFX BE GTS RX580 8gb? i have samsung mem but not stable memshift
Apneal

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:26:18 PM

how many watt?

A lot lol, I did the math and 1Mh/s eth pays for 30W and 120Mh/s Dcr pays for 30W. The rig gets 8MH/s more Eth and ~2000MH/s more Dcr by not undervolting completely (so 740W worth of profit) and the total rig consumption from the wall is about 1450W
Etherion

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:16:33 PM

how many watt?

A lot lol, I did the math and 1Mh/s eth pays for 30W and 120Mh/s Dcr pays for 30W. The rig gets 8MH/s more Eth and ~2000MH/s more Dcr by not undervolting completely (so 740W worth of profit) and the total rig consumption from the wall is about 1450W

So the MIS Z270-A Pro on windows 10 with expansions  can runs 8 RX580 with modid bios using driver trick? You do relize that people will now go and buy  Z270-A Pro and 8x R580 . I really hope your not just paying with us.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: