Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:21:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Dfinity Network - The Decentralized Cloud  (Read 25288 times)
DutchFinity

Activity: 742
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:58:46 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 07:04:15 PM by DutchFinity

why there is just 6 pages of reply here, i think its a great project and the ANN already stared on April last year, it should not be like this, it deserve for more attention

I heard that this project is a very good project, but why is its ann so low? It seems not very many people are interested in it, what a pity.

It is perhaps not fair towards the project, but for me the less attention DFinity gets on this forum the happier I am about it. This is not the type of project that is screaming for attention of the myriads of bounty hunters and it is not the type of project that is desparate for reaching a softcap. It's the type of project that will sell out within hours or minutes. I'll consider myself luck to be able to get DFN's in my wallet at the initial price. So don't worry about the little activity here. Consider it as a good thing for your chances. Sorry team, that's the situation from my personal perspective. And yes, I am aware that my account name wasn't a lucky choice to avoid massive attention for the project.  Cheesy
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magpie_lover

Activity: 182
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 09:08:21 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 06:11:55 PM by magpie_lover
Merited by marlboroza (1)

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to share, that the team over at DFINITY released our white paper today.
https://medium.com/dfinity/dfinity-white-paper-our-consensus-algorithm-a11adc0a054c

I wanted to start this thread to not only share, but give people another place to ask questions about the content.

I hope some of you get the chance to check it out! You can also chat with us on Rocket Chat: https://dfinity.rocket.chat/, Telegram: https://t.me/dfinity and Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/dfinity/.

-Mike
DFINITY team

I've been looking at DFINITY for while now and it is a great project. Particularly excited about the Random Beacon Design which should be one of a kind.
Personally I would suggest DFINITY team to conduct a crowd sale or TGE that accommodates all parties including community members, developers and investors all around the world . Would love to see all geographical regions represented considering the proposed governance model. One idea would be to organise whitelist invitation like a job offer - People who want to participate will have to sent in a resume or answer a survey may be. Things like:

- Nationality
- Designation
- Proposed contribution amount
- Some basic questions about the White Paper (sort of a Quiz)
- And a question like "How will you bring value to the DFINITY Project?"

Then pick the winners on a case by case basis. I understand it could be a lot of work but could be worth in the long term.
MiddleFingerToTheMan

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:44:49 PM

why there is just 6 pages of reply here, i think its a great project and the ANN already stared on April last year, it should not be like this, it deserve for more attention

Do you even crypto? Shit projects = tons of pages & hype, quality projects = no pages & no hype. /joke
Seriously though, it was the same with Polkadot. One of the biggest and most ambitious projects in the space with an unbelievable team and there was like 6 total pages on bitcointalk about it.
magpie_lover

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 09:37:41 PM

Well here's the answer

"we simply don’t play games that involve distributing tokens to people in exchange for speaking slots, articles, shout-outs and other pumps"

That probably explains why it was overlooked by many.
Capoboss

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:16:26 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 01:36:12 AM by Capoboss

Is this an erc20 token?
magpie_lover

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 05:05:44 AM

Is this an erc20 token?

Nope, the DFN is not an ERC-20 token. Dfinity is a blockchain.
rattle99

Activity: 518
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:28:52 AM

Sorry if was asked already. Is there any bounty of sorts?

See post 110, just 2 post above yours.
Kevlar

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:58:39 AM

DFINITY on the growth of the cost of tokens may well be the ICON of 2018. I am sure that they will have to close the record in the whitelist in a week after the opening (maximum) because there will be a lot of interested people. I look forward to the start of the ICO!

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
banshee456

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:29:22 PM

Dfinity will be great blockchain. good luck for the team, we beleave in you!

P.S. do anybody know about Dfinity mining? when we can start mining Dfinity? what algoritm it will use?
Mike_DFN

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:47:11 PM

P.S. do anybody know about Dfinity mining? when we can start mining Dfinity? what algoritm it will use?

Mining will begin after the booting of the genesis block which would coincide with the launch of main net.
NickVasilich

Activity: 574
Merit: 13

Harmony Team

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 06:04:54 PM
Merited by Dolphin_se (1)

hello!
Really promising project! I'd like that people in my country know about it! So if you interesting in Ukrainian Language translation of your web site, white paper, telegram chat moderation feel free to ask me! I'm in your order)
best wishes for the project!

daturit

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:09:49 PM

is this bounty for this project ?
banshee456

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:56:00 PM

Mining will begin after the booting of the genesis block which would coincide with the launch of main net.

what algoritm will use Dfinity? PoS or sha-256 for example?
byteminr

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 04:08:04 PM

Hi. Very interesting project
Do you have whitelist or something like this? While no information about ico date ?
tangtang800

Activity: 317
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:46:32 AM

Dfinity is one of the representative block chain of 3 technology, it has a top team of scientists and engineers, the future development of this project the limitless. Cheesy
shixd8899

Activity: 350
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:25:09 AM

Dfinity has many advantages in terms of throughput, performance, scalability and self adaptation. Dfinity has strong commercial attributes at the beginning of its design. Cheesy
wangxiaoyan888666

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:51:27 PM
Merited by zhouyc (6)

If we put the development of block chain is divided into several stages, bitcoin can be said to be the first generation of block chain technology, is the carrier of value function; the second generation is the etheric Fang, although the etheric Fang has a revolutionary; third generation block chain technology represents one of the Dfinity, it has infinite throughput, high performance, self the evolution of the block chain computing platform. Smiley
yeyicheng2015

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:25:27 PM

Just as bitcoin is always the representative of the 1 technology, the ether workshop is also restricted by the underlying agreement. The third generation block chain technology starts from the underlying protocol, summarizes the advantages and disadvantages of the two generation block chain technology, so as to create a brand new and more solid infrastructure. Grin
quarzazatete

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:21:09 PM

is there anybody here who participated in the public seed in february 2017 and willed to sell some OTC? pm me.
usmanov7

Activity: 86

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 06:05:53 AM

dfinity have bounty campaign?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: