Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:24:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-04-26] DCEBrief - SEC Agrees to Review Decision Rejecting Winklevoss ETF  (Read 13841 times)
Chase (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 05:49:06 PM

SEC Agrees to Review Decision Rejecting Winklevoss ETF

https://dcebrief.com/sec-agrees-to-review-decision-rejecting-winklevoss-etf/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fred21

Activity: 154
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:49:00 PM

WHEN THE DECISION WILL BE MADE?

thanks
Chase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:03:21 AM

thanks

I don't think anyone knows.

It took them 3 years to say "no" - let's hope "yes" isn't so time consuming!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:28:16 PM

thanks

“On March 24, 2017, pursuant to Rule 430 of the Rules of Practice, BZX filed a petition for review of the Disapproval Order. Pursuant to Rule 431 of the Rules of Practice, BZX’s petition for review of the Disapproval Order is granted. Further, the Commission hereby establishes that any party to the action or other person may file a written statement in support of or in opposition to the Disapproval Order on or before May 15, 2017.”

So I guess after May 15, 2017 they will release their decision whether Coin ETF will be accepted or rejected (most likely).

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1073

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 08:27:07 PM

In the meanwhile, the backlog of unconfirmed transactions is nearing 170000. The same issue happened before the last ETF decision. Just a coincidence?

Also this ransonware stuff, of course they will use it as an excuse for another denial

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:00:58 PM

In the meanwhile, the backlog of unconfirmed transactions is nearing 170000. The same issue happened before the last ETF decision. Just a coincidence?

Also this ransonware stuff, of course they will use it as an excuse for another denial

I don't have high hopes for a status change of this ETF review anyway, but I am sure that everything to a certain extent will be taken into consideration. Don't forget that certain entities don't (yet) want whatever ETF to be approved as that would lead to a massive increase eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if things are being manipulated by certain entities to make Bitcoin look bad -- all to raise the chances of this ETF remaining its rejected status.
Chase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 10:47:33 PM

thanks

“On March 24, 2017, pursuant to Rule 430 of the Rules of Practice, BZX filed a petition for review of the Disapproval Order. Pursuant to Rule 431 of the Rules of Practice, BZX’s petition for review of the Disapproval Order is granted. Further, the Commission hereby establishes that any party to the action or other person may file a written statement in support of or in opposition to the Disapproval Order on or before May 15, 2017.”

So I guess after May 15, 2017 they will release their decision whether Coin ETF will be accepted or rejected (most likely).

Unfortunately, it is going to take longer than that - May 15th is the last day that anyone can submit a written statement to show their support for or against approving the ETF.

I don't have high hopes for a status change of this ETF review anyway...

You are probably right - nothing has changed in the reasons that made them say no the first time.  Sad

pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 12:32:56 AM

I've just read that ransomware is no longer a problem.

As for the unconfirmed transactions I'm sure the SEC won't care about that. They aren't there to review Bitcoin as a payment system, but the ability of the ETF to protect customers from manipulation and losses. They haven't been able to provide such protection before and won't be able to do it now.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 12:38:56 PM

It doesn't seem like they will accept it. My wild guess is they put a lot of pressure on them via expensive lawyers and possibly the recent rise of acceptance around the world, so the SEC agree to take another look. What they failed to do is find answers to all the problems the Commission found when it reviewed the case.
If it goes through there will be some serious money involved.

Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 05:54:57 PM

thanks

Unfortunately, it is going to take longer than that - May 15th is the last day that anyone can submit a written statement to show their support for or against approving the ETF.

I don't have high hopes for a status change of this ETF review anyway...

You are probably right - nothing has changed in the reasons that made them say no the first time.  Sad

Ok thanks for pointing that out. I think after May 15th, we have to wait more? Months maybe? Oh well, I think SEC will rejected it a second time around. If we are lucky and it was approved, they for sure more cash will flow into the system that will push the price to rise going forward.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████