Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:46:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Polo To Face Class Action Suit  (Read 3165 times)
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 01:13:27 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2017, 12:18:50 AM by bbc.reporter

Cryptocurrency experts always projected that delisting from a major cryptocurrency exchange, such as Poloniex, would have a negative effect on each of the altcoins. Listing and then delisting altcoins will also manipulate markets. But it seems that someone has already earned some money using this situation.

Price charts of the altcoins that were named to be delisted from Poloniex exchange (Boolberry, Bitstar, Coin 2.1, CureCoin, Horizon, I/O Coin, Myriad, NobleCoin, NuShares, Qibuck, Qora, Quatloo, Rubycoin, ShadowCash, SuperNET, Voxels, Magi), show that there were massive selloffs of these coins just before the announcement from Poloniex.No coin devs or were warned before the announcement

That is hard to believe. After all the scams and the scandals in the cryptospace, do you still believe the developers word that they have not heard anything before their projects were delisted? I do not believe it. Information always gets leaked.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lowbander80 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 10:12:59 AM

to be honest when all Devs that answered said no warning and in the past I know for certain no warning was given, unlike you I would take the word of the Devs before Polo
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 01:45:46 PM

to be honest when all Devs that answered said no warning and in the past I know for certain no warning was given, unlike you I would take the word of the Devs before Polo

Giving developers warning before they delisted would not be a good idea legally.. when you make announcements like this, you're not supposed to leak it to anyone before hand to cover your butt... though if they told the developer and the developer leaked the information they would be the one liable.. it would be like leaking earnings reports ahead of time and letting people insider trade before they come out.. which I'm guessing does happen and people don't get caught all the time... human beings are corrupt and will take advantage when they can.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 12:23:57 AM

Who is filing the lawsuit? Some of those cryptcoins have anonymous developers like Supernet and what they are doing is not really legal. The developers cannot do anything because Poloniex could get someone to file a counter lawsuit versus the developers for making and maintaining a ponzi.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
lowbander80 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 09:28:25 AM

Who is filing the lawsuit? Some of those crypto coins have anonymous developers like Supernet and what they are doing is not really legal. The developers cannot do anything because Poloniex could get someone to file a counter lawsuit versus the developers for making and maintaining a ponzi.
To answer a few questions here, It's unclear who is filing but lawyers have been instructed to look into the possibility of suing.Supernet should not have been listed as Bittrex would not list due to the fact it's becoming more a share than a coin.
Polo counter suing as they are a ponzi, unlikely as they would become implicit in listing a Ponzi.As I said before even lawyers looking into the possibility would draw attention from FinCEN and a lawsuit might not be even needed for Polo to get into deep shit
JellyO

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 10:31:11 AM

Polo is to face class action suit for insider trading before announcement of delisting 17 altcoins,evidence being gathered now according to a coin developer.

Got a link? Seems like there's always these class action lawsuits that get announced but no news.
CPlusConcepts

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 02:00:44 AM

How's this for strange.

I somehow have an open margin long position in XRP @ .00021461? The price never came near that, nor spiked to that price point, yet here I am with this open position I did not order, that is obviously at a huge loss because the price only ever made it around .00014.

So tell me: How exactly would an open position fulfill at a price that never even spiked to that price point? I'm sitting looking at a loss and lending fees that just keep adding up for an order I didn't make, and obviously would never make, why the hell would I buy something that's 1.5x the recent ATH? I wouldn't, but yet here I am slowly losing money over it, if I close it out Ill lose hundreds of dollars. I contacted support, but wont cross my fingers that they respond.

Polo is turning into Cryptsy.

Patterson Law Firm in FL has been put on retainer and are investigating claims against Poloniex for fraud. You can contact Alexander Passo @ apasso@pattersonlawfirm.com if you've been dealing with any issues. Poloniex's terms of service are not enforceable in court, regardless of how much they want you to think they are.
Monzsta

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:12:32 AM

How's this for strange.

I somehow have an open margin long position in XRP @ .00021461? The price never came near that, nor spiked to that price point, yet here I am with this open position I did not order, that is obviously at a huge loss because the price only ever made it around .00014.

So tell me: How exactly would an open position fulfill at a price that never even spiked to that price point? I'm sitting looking at a loss and lending fees that just keep adding up for an order I didn't make, and obviously would never make, why the hell would I buy something that's 1.5x the recent ATH? I wouldn't, but yet here I am slowly losing money over it, if I close it out Ill lose hundreds of dollars. I contacted support, but wont cross my fingers that they respond.

Polo is turning into Cryptsy.

Patterson Law Firm in FL has been put on retainer and are investigating claims against Poloniex for fraud. You can contact Alexander Passo @ apasso@pattersonlawfirm.com if you've been dealing with any issues. Poloniex's terms of service are not enforceable in court, regardless of how much they want you to think they are.

I narrowly missed getting scalped but I'm still pissed about it.  My coins are off that site.  They're throwing the same red flags as Gox and Crypsy.  And I cut my teeth on Crypsy.  Broke my heart.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: