Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:56:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guess who’s got two thumbs and Jalapeno…….this guy….  (Read 9082 times)
HDSolar (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 09:10:03 PM

So about two days ago I got an email from BFL saying my Jalapeno was on the way.  I was a first day order and I only ordered one for fun since I was more focused on the singles, who knew.  So today my Jalapeno showed up and so I took some video and pictures of the device before I opened it, what came in the box and then it running on my system.  The video is at Youtube at the links below.  I am not going to take it apart because I want to see how it runs and I would like to see how it holds up compared to the FPGA as in how well it operates from BFL without my interfering with it.  In the second video you notice that the fan noise is really bad that is not from the Jala it is from all the other gear.  The Jala sounds really quite and I am really impressed on how cool it runs as is.  Also I made a mistake and the Jala is mining at 5.1 and not 5.5 but I am happy.  This unit just runs great out of the box so far but I will say that the bottom is very warm.

Open the box

http://youtu.be/resTnZa3erg

Run the dam thing
http://youtu.be/RiCmZ9kjYek

Can’t wait for the singles because it is great to have an ASIC running!

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MarKusRomanus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 09:16:38 PM

And so it begins..
Well it is a relief to see a non-developer running one finally.
I ordered early march so ... it'll be a while i guess  Embarrassed
HDSolar (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 09:18:56 PM

And so it begins..
Well it is a relief to see a non-developer running one finally.
I ordered early march so ... it'll be a while i guess  Embarrassed
Hope not, I think BFL is going to really start cranking so hope you see yours soon.  These seem a whole lot better then the FPGA singles.

HjerterEss

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 09:35:29 PM

Did you recieve yours just because you are a reviewer (are you one?)?  Seems like BFL only ships out to those who give them free PR...  Roll Eyes
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 10:48:12 PM

jealous!!

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 11:15:48 PM

Neat!  Do you have a kill-a-watt or some other way to measure the wattage draw?
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 11:19:45 PM

I find it suspicious, that every person (almost) who has received a unit then creates a YouTube video.. Nice signature as well: 60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 - butterflylabs.com ``````

Avalanche is a must own
SgtSpike
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 11:26:28 PM

I find it suspicious, that every person (almost) who has received a unit then creates a YouTube video.. Nice signature as well: 60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
Here, have a tinfoil hat.
Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 11:32:28 PM

I'd find it fair to give you affiliate BTC in case of an order Cheesy
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 11:34:32 PM

I just ordered a jalapeno this past week. I may literally be the LAST GUY to get a Jalapeno at this rate. But you bet your sweet ass I'm makin' a video when it comes! Even though difficulty will be 400,000,000 by then!  Cheesy Cheesy

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
HjerterEss

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 11:38:58 PM

I find it suspicious, that every person (almost) who has received a unit then creates a YouTube video..

I totally agree with you. I think this guy is the first one to measure the temperature with an IR meter too.
I think they are shipping out only to reviewers to suck more people in to buy their devices. I bet there are many who don`t even know that its useless to buy anything from BFL now.

It seems suspicious to me.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 11:57:00 PM

I'm really happy for you.

HDSolar (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 12:07:20 AM

Did you recieve yours just because you are a reviewer (are you one?)?  Seems like BFL only ships out to those who give them free PR...  Roll Eyes
Nope I am not a reviewer, I do like BFL but I am a customer.  Most people from what I have seen would need a video to back up any claims that I got one.  I figured I would show people what I got and since I was one of the first that is why I did what I did. 

HDSolar (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 12:09:39 AM

Neat!  Do you have a kill-a-watt or some other way to measure the wattage draw?
No, I really should have one and where I live I am not sure where to get one quickly.  Sorry I know a lot of people are asking how much power is it taking and I really should double check that.

MarKusRomanus
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:19:41 AM

He has a point about the signature, though.  It not 'tin-foil hat' realm to wonder about that.
Cablez
Legendary

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:36:25 AM

What voltage and amps does the external PSU provide if I might ask?

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
HDSolar (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 01:37:37 AM

He has a point about the signature, though.  It not 'tin-foil hat' realm to wonder about that.
Ok well to be 100%, that signature was for the BFL contest they had a while back and I have not removed it and don't really care to.  I don't even post here much anymore because its not worth the time.  I figured I would spread the word that someone got an ASIC item from BFL.  Take it for what you want but I know I am hashing now and hope to be hashing more later on.

dbasql

Activity: 219

Ethics and Science need to shake hands

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 04:10:48 AM

Appreciate the up thanks  Smiley
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 04:28:00 AM

I find it suspicious, that every person (almost) who has received a unit then creates a YouTube video..
I think they are shipping out only to reviewers to suck more people in to buy their devices.

So you mean kind of like a ponzi scheme?

Exactly. Except absolutely NOTHING like a ponzi scheme. But other than that, sure...

It amazes me how many haters there are on this forum, who cannot be bothered to pick up a dictionary.

If you want to know what a ponzi scheme is, think about how social security works.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 04:45:22 AM

I think they are shipping out only to reviewers to suck more people in to buy their devices.

So you mean kind of like a ponzi scheme?

Exactly. Except absolutely NOTHING like a ponzi scheme. But other than that, sure...

It amazes me how many haters there are on this forum, who cannot be bothered to pick up a dictionary.

If you want to know what a ponzi scheme is, think about how social security works.

By that definition, all facets of all governments are ponzi schemes. If no more people enter the workforce, then eventually no more taxes and no more spending.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: