Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:05:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PARTIAL ANSWER TO THE SIGNATURE SPAM PROBLEM !!!  (Read 1340 times)
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:58:12 AM

I try not to post in moderated threads, because the OP has to give no reason to delete your post. A long, well thought out post may be deleted, because the OP disagrees with it.
Not all moderated threads are started by people trying to reduce spam.  Smiley
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 04:44:36 AM

The thing about self-moderated threads is that you need to trust the OP of the self-moderated thread to not censor posts critical of them and/or their viewpoint(s). There are a number of people (including some who have posted in this thread) who should not be trusted in this regard (this does not count scammers who create self moderated threads in the marketplace section in order to censor warnings about them.

I have the same quandary with respect to the United States.  I was born here and have spent a lot of time here however after my run in with the whole policing for profit "justice" system our family has often contemplated just leaving.  Instead, we all actively speak out against the abuses of power and, it appears, some progress is being slowly made (I have three talks scheduled this month).
OT - I think there is a good chance that there is a very good chance that civil forfeiture will either look very different (in a good way) or will not exist in the somewhat near future. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas recent wrote a very critical opinion against civil forfeiture regarding a case that the Supreme Court declined to hear on procedural grounds, and the Supreme Court ruled in Nelson v. Colorado in a way that may hinder civil forfeiture in the future. Also both parties appear to be generally against civil forfeiture, so legislative action in regards to curtailing civil forfeiture in the future may not be all that unrealistic (there are actually a couple of bills pending, although they are in very early stages, and it is very hard to tell if they have any real chances of actually becoming law). 

freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 05:12:22 AM

I'll give you some hints;

Isis considers Assad as a spammer and trying to delete him.

Hitler considered Jews as spams so he decided to delete them.

Iran considers Israel a spam and tries to delete them.

US considers everyone else spams and tries to minimize their threats in any possible way.

Satan considered humans as spam and spammers, therefore he didn't kneel and trying to delete us ever since.

I got a headache after reading QS's post and if I could I would have deleted him.

Core calls BU spammers and BU calls blockstream toxic trolls and both trying to delete each other.

This is the story of us humans, nothing really new every one is trying to take control but a few take it with the responsibilities which comes with it.
BurtW (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 10:08:49 AM

My thread was moved to meta.

It appears that I can no longer moderate the thread.

It appears that moderated threads are not allowed in meta.

So that is counterproductive to the whole idea.

And, I have no choice but to lock the thread because of spammers.

This is why we cannot have nice things.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: