Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:45:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Force/resend a transaction  (Read 2952 times)
Jourgensen (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:33:36 AM

I sent an amount to various addresses but Armory (Mac OSX 10.8  Armory v. .88-1) shows that the transaction is not in the blockchain, this was confirmed at blockchain.info. The transaction in the Armory client is dimmed. It seems like the sending got interrupted or stuck and never got transmitted, but the coins were subtracted from my total amount available in the client. It's been a couple hours.

In addition the qt client is fully synced as is armory (same number of blocks)

Thanks for any help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 05:42:47 AM

I sent an amount to various addresses but Armory (Mac OSX 10.8  Armory v. .88-1) shows that the transaction is not in the blockchain, this was confirmed at blockchain.info. The transaction in the Armory client is dimmed. It seems like the sending got interrupted or stuck and never got transmitted, but the coins were subtracted from my total amount available in the client. It's been a couple hours.

In addition the qt client is fully synced as is armory (same number of blocks)

Thanks for any help.

Did you pay a fee?

If not, then are there any outputs below 0.01 BTC?   If there's no fee and there is one or more outputs below 0.01 BTC then peers following the default will not relay the transaction.

What you can try doing is have an explicit outgoing connectioin to a node that will relay regardless of whether a fee is paid or not:
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Free_transaction_relay_policy#Participating_miners

Also, make sure to leave your Bitcoin-Qt/bitcoind node running so that it will re-broadcast periodically.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Jourgensen (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 11:39:55 AM

Yes I paid a fee, as I suspected the client got stuck and after 6 hours there was no broadcast to the blockchain. I ended up backing up private keys, uninstalling Armory and its prefs, reinstalling and recovering wallet from seed. Sent the transaction the same way and it went through in 30 seconds.

Thanks for the response.
Scared

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:50:52 PM

I just had this issue happen myself. The bitcoinqt client crash just as I tried to send the bitcoins in Armory. Armory seems to think the transaction was sent but it doesnt exist in the blockchain. Is there a way I can either force armory to resend the transaction or a way to delete it so that I can create a new transaction?
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 06:38:57 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 03:07:41 PM by etotheipi

I just had this issue happen myself. The bitcoinqt client crash just as I tried to send the bitcoins in Armory. Armory seems to think the transaction was sent but it doesnt exist in the blockchain. Is there a way I can either force armory to resend the transaction or a way to delete it so that I can create a new transaction?

Remove:

Code:
[Windows] C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Armory\mempool.bin
[Linux]   /home/<username>/.armory/mempool.bin
[OSX]     /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Armory/mempool.bin

Then restart Armory.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:42:02 AM

Another solution:

http://blockchain.info/pushtx
Scared

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:46:12 PM

Remove:

[Linux] /home/<username>/.armory/mempool.bin
[Windows] C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Armory\mempool.bin

Then restart Armory.

And for [OSX] /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Armory

Thanks, that did the job.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: