Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:38:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Shelby Moore has been perma banned from bitcointalk.org forum, do you agree with this decision?
Yes
No
Don't Care

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Shelby Moore, aka Anonymint::TBTB_need_war::iamnotback banned, do you agree?  (Read 3153 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:09:10 AM

You just said..

Yes I did. Make sure you get in the last word and totally ignore my point and my non-iatrogenic¹ plans.

I am not quite sure if your problem is cognitive dissonance, obstinance, truculence, lack of reading comprehension, ego, or all of the above. Have it your way (at Burger King), which is precisely my point and plans.

¹ the cure is not worse than the illness; will not kill the patient

Reinstate your ignore list bud.
Your wasting your time with me.. you know i am bullet proof.
I eat 20 shitheads before you had your morning coffee.
How many times have you put me on ignore ? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAhAAAAAAAAAhahahah
Your banned and i am not buddy.. because you're an asshole HAHHAHA
Suck it up sweet-heart  Cheesy

Spoetnik yooooo sooo damn truculent !!!!1111ONE

mmmmhhhhmmm and your still fucking banned ....again.  Roll Eyes
Who the fuck is the smart one now ? ROFL  Cheesy

..see ya on the other side "Bitcoin Killer" dev Wink

PS:
I voted "Don't care"

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the_end_is_near

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:56:48 PM

I voted "Don't care"

I can't see the vote, because I am only a Newbie.

Hmm. Maybe if I logged in to my @iamnotback account huh. But then I have to see that red message plastered across the top of every page, “Sorry @iamnotback, but you are banned from posting and sending messages. You may appeal to theymos@…”.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 10:33:22 PM

Shelby Moore has been perma banned from bitcointalk.org forum, do you agree with this decision?
Yes    - 11 (20.4%)
No    - 33 (61.1%)
Don't Care    - 10 (18.5%)
   Remove Vote
Total Voters: 54

When i got banned before it didn't let me surf around logged in *i think.

FUD first & ask questions later™
ulhaq

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:25:29 PM

Yes I did. Make sure you get in the last word and totally ignore my point and my non-iatrogenic¹ plans.

¹ the cure is not worse than the illness; will not kill the patient

This is not correct. Iatrogenic means caused by a health care worker or medical treatment. Non-iatrogenic is not caused by a health care worker/medical treatment. The fact that your plans are not caused by the health system doesn't really have meaning.
the_end_is_near

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 12:12:11 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2017, 08:28:46 PM by the_end_is_near

¹ the curetreatment is not worse than the illness; will not kill the patient

This is not correct. Iatrogenic means caused by a health care worker or medical treatment. Non-iatrogenic is not caused by a health care worker/medical treatment. The fact that your plans are not caused by the health system doesn't really have meaning.

Afaik, iatrogenic has a more general meaning which is when the treatment is worse than the disease. The analogy is when the improvement is worse than the problem it intends to improve. My mother being slow to adopt new technology, quipped that upgrade is an oxymoron.

Language morphs by usage. Following definition was written in 2011 and has 46 upvotes and only 1 downvote:

A condition induced internally by a practitioner, not from external factors. Something which is created by ourselves, a contractor, or an internal service organization, making things worse instead of helping or making more efficient. Something that's done internally, supposedly within span of control and with a common mission, that works against a solution instead of towards it. The term is co-opted from medicine, where it means a condition induced by a physician.

The outage was iatrogenic in that it was nothing external to the company. The IT department itself caused it by not duplicating existing parameters when it replaced the firewall.

The issue is that there does not appear to be another candidate word that is suitable for the desired generalized meaning, thus this word is likely to be de facto adopted for the more general meaning.

I tend to be doing things years before most other people do. Strictly speaking it is any problem or side-effect caused by the treatment, not necessarily worse than the disease:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071124151410AAt7jgk

While some [7] have advocated using 'iatrogenesis' to refer to all 'events caused by the health care delivery team', whether 'positive or negative', consensus limits use of 'iatrogenesis' to adverse, or, most broadly, to unintended outcomes.

When the Treatment is Worse than the Disease

A silent plague is sweeping our health care system. A surprisingly large number of people are more unwell as a result of the treatment they receive for an illness or injury. This may be the result of practitioner incompetence, inexperience, ignorance or the side effects and complications of treatment. These problems are known in the health industry as   ‘Iatrogenic Illness or Disease’, literally meaning ‘produced by medicine’

When the cure is worse than the disease

First, most of the deaths are not excusable. They are preventable. Way back in 1993, after reviewing the statistics on iatrogenic deaths, a chief investigator in a Harvard study estimated that 78% of them were completely preventable. “Iatrogenic” is the word that’s used to refer to injuries that happen directly from the medical treatment a patient receives.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 01:14:13 AM

How can Anonymint be banned in 2017?

Didn't he tell us way back in 2014 he was through with the forum and would never return?

~BCX~

Fragbait

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:21:13 AM

Didn't he tell us way back in 2014 he was through with the forum and would never return?

Your material is so from the 2014.
ulhaq

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:22:24 PM

¹ the curetreatment is not worse than the illness; will not kill the patient

Afaik, iatrogenic has a more general meaning which is when the treatment is worse than the disease. The analogy is when the improvement is worse than the problem it intends to improve. My mother being slow to adopt new technology, quipped that upgrade is an oxymoron.

Language morphs by usage. Following definition was written in 2011 and has 46 upvotes and only 1 downvote:

A condition induced internally by a practitioner, not from external factors. Something which is created by ourselves, a contractor, or an internal service organization, making things worse instead of helping or making more efficient. Something that's done internally, supposedly within span of control and with a common mission, that works against a solution instead of towards it. The term is co-opted from medicine, where it means a condition induced by a physician.

The outage was iatrogenic in that it was nothing external to the company. The IT department itself caused it by not duplicating existing parameters when it replaced the firewall.

The issue is that there does not appear to be another candidate word that is suitable for the desired generalized meaning, thus this word is likely to be de facto adopted for the more general meaning.

I tend to be doing things years before most other people do. Strictly speaking it is any problem or side-effect caused by the treatment, not necessarily worse than the disease:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071124151410AAt7jgk

While some [7] have advocated using 'iatrogenesis' to refer to all 'events caused by the health care delivery team', whether 'positive or negative', consensus limits use of 'iatrogenesis' to adverse, or, most broadly, to unintended outcomes.

When the Treatment is Worse than the Disease

A silent plague is sweeping our health care system. A surprisingly large number of people are more unwell as a result of the treatment they receive for an illness or injury. This may be the result of practitioner incompetence, inexperience, ignorance or the side effects and complications of treatment. These problems are known in the health industry as   ‘Iatrogenic Illness or Disease’, literally meaning ‘produced by medicine’

When the cure is worse than the disease

First, most of the deaths are not excusable. They are preventable. Way back in 1993, after reviewing the statistics on iatrogenic deaths, a chief investigator in a Harvard study estimated that 78% of them were completely preventable. “Iatrogenic” is the word that’s used to refer to injuries that happen directly from the medical treatment a patient receives.

I see. I have only used official dictionaries (which do change over time based on common usage) and see that there is probably an entirely separate general vocabulary being used by coders. The last 3 links you provide support the definition that I am familiar with, which seems far more commonly used. While there doesn't seem to be another word to describe your usage, I like the "Pyrrhic victory" linked in the Yahoo post, or in your case, a non-Pyrrhic victory.
Non-iatrogenic in your last post would be equivalent to salutary?
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:00:43 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2017, 12:18:52 PM by contraband

The result is that he can still post whenever, as he can make a new account everyday.

There are some users that are so unique, that they are the few that could actually pull it off. I would always know when AM switched to a new acct name on his first post.

First, few have that much technical knowledge, and can articulate it.

2nd, he had a certian style, and few users actually back up posts with references as he does. And his personality.

Very few users could post under a new acct everyday, but he could.

Putting a Perma-Ban on him and his name completely, was a huge over reaction, and is just like Trump dropping a small atomic bomb on Syria, as opposed to the 59 tomahawks.

And his coin can still be announced here, as he can still have users that are part of his team, that can post and start/keep a thread alive.

I would love to be his public relations acct for his project, here at BTT, as he would be busy promoting outside of BTT, as he has proven to be very capable of doing this in the past with great success. ie CoolPages.com, I believe the name was, which was successful, etc.
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:27:34 PM

He maybe should create his own forum, he was one of the few that posted anything of value here. Most guys are just shills for the ponzi coin they bought.

Creating your own forum is very easy now(i use prophpbb.com)

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:35:50 PM

He maybe should create his own forum, he was one of the few that posted anything of value here. Most guys are just shills for the ponzi coin they bought.

Creating your own forum is very easy now(i use prophpbb.com)

he has mentioned he is going to do a blockchain based forum. among his other projects.
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:19:02 AM

is his forum or digital currency going anywhere yet?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: