Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:52:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🤖[ANN][BIS]Bismuth 2.0 - Beyond DeFi  (Read 156066 times)
tvt.io

Activity: 273
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:44:22 AM

Latest release Bismuth 4.2.3.6 is out
-This release addresses the wallet-

https://github.com/hclivess/Bismuth/releases

Hi,
Should you mind sharing me link to get Bitsmuth signature codes and form to apply for joining it's signature campaign. I can not find them in the OP. Hope that the campaign has already opened.

Hi, here (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2722806.msg27862959#msg27862959) are the signature design, but note that we don't have a signature campaign undergoing, yet.

need signature campaign

tvt.io (http://tvt.io)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 04:13:04 PM

Interesting project, just heard about it today. Price of BIS seems to be very low because of BTC bear market. Let's see for how long it will last.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:03:33 PM

are the masternodes live yet guys?  or at least testnet?  is there any stats on them?
EggPool made the master nodes information in the GitHub repos. Take a look in here https://github.com/EggPool/BismuthHowto/blob/master/Masternodes/masternode.MD
dobbel

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:34:38 PM

I Really see this project as one of the best for a very long time, but there is always something that should be addressed. In this case, 10% Pool fee that goes to pool owner and development of miner. Really this is a problem that should be addressed or this project need other miners and mining pools quick. Would like to hear others opinion, but 10% for pool owner in all future seems crazy for a coin.
kungen

Activity: 26
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:29:21 PM

I Really see this project as one of the best for a very long time, but there is always something that should be addressed. In this case, 10% Pool fee that goes to pool owner and development of miner. Really this is a problem that should be addressed or this project need other miners and mining pools quick. Would like to hear others opinion, but 10% for pool owner in all future seems crazy for a coin.

in their defence
poolowners: ok, they earn alot of money. but still no options for us miners. the owners "work" with the pool and good support no matter the question. no other pool are better at the moment.
dev: they also work with this and in the end. money makes people active. many updates to the software all the time.
i see your point. but time will fix those "problems". 5% pools can happend at any time and devs 10% will dissapear when the coin has no big major update.
dobbel

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:03:30 PM

in their defence
poolowners: ok, they earn alot of money. but still no options for us miners. the owners "work" with the pool and good support no matter the question. no other pool are better at the moment.
dev: they also work with this and in the end. money makes people active. many updates to the software all the time.
i see your point. but time will fix those "problems". 5% pools can happend at any time and devs 10% will dissapear when the coin has no big major update.

Don't get me wrong, it is important with funds for good development. I don't think 10% for developers are to much either as long as there is joining more people and most are used for building something great, but yea not 2 or 5% But 10% for pool is Elephant eat a lot, lol. Same for pool that the rest of development team gets seems crazy.... Would like to see other miners and pools. I do think the development of miner is really good and they are doing a good job, supports AMD well too so everything is really nice. Loved everything about this until i found that Red Flag
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:29:59 AM

i sense a red flag too...lol

lamgiaukhongkho26

Activity: 102

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:32:39 AM

Hi, here (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2722806.msg27862959#msg27862959) are the signature design, but note that we don't have a signature campaign undergoing, yet.
Amazing! Thank you for the link you shared. I wish Bismuth project will open its signature campaign sooner or later this year. We actually need signature campaign to spread information, current progresses and future potential projects, services out to more and more potential investors. I believe that signature campaign will help to increase Bismuth liquidity generally.
tvt.io

Activity: 273
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:36:47 AM

Amazing! Thank you for the link you shared. I wish Bismuth project will open its signature campaign sooner or later this year. We actually need signature campaign to spread information, current progresses and future potential projects, services out to more and more potential investors. I believe that signature campaign will help to increase Bismuth liquidity generally.

I believe that signature campaign will help to increase Bismuth liquidity generally.

tvt.io (http://tvt.io)
percocet

Activity: 222
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:49:42 AM

I believe that signature campaign will help to increase Bismuth liquidity generally.

Incorrect. Signature campaigns do nothing but attract bottom feeding bounty scrubs who then take over the thread whining that they haven't received their 15 cents pay from the dev. BIS needs real marketing, not signature scrub marketing on shitcointalk.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:31:05 PM

I don't agree with that it just attracts tons of "specialized" bounty posters that pollute the forum with bs posts and don't add any real value also they will dump the coins the second after they receive them so they wont help with distribution.
Some attractive bounty banners would be nice to have though for those of us that are willing to show our support for BISMUTH because we allready own some.
Alot of these options to market with your own coins have been overrun with profiteers that add no value.
I would rather donate to a fund thats created by the Devs for Bis/Btc or Eth but Buy actual advertisements or other real marketing then to just dump a bunch of Bis on 100rds of bitcointalk shill accounts.

Ps I still dont like the wallet seeing all these upgrades it still doesnt work as i would like it to.

1. i can only run legacy gui the rest just hangs.
2. the words still dont Fit in the boxes just looks very sloppy , there must be some way to detect the users resolution and auto adjust.

That having been said i really like this project else i wouldnt be spending my time here and be giving suggestions.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 05:32:59 PM

Couple of discussion going on here and I would like to share my views for that:

Pool Fee: 10% was ok when miners were getting $60 a day, but then also they were making $5000 a day, if i correctly recall, now since miner profits decreased significantly, same went for pool owners also, but in may be i agree to bring pool fee around 5%, because the kind of early money they would have got, should have covered their initial cost and reward and now, it would require reward for future development and running cost, which i think 5% fee would cover, if not, pool owners can tell everyone what they plan for that fee and i will be happy to support them with 10% fee if they propose a value additional for that to project.

Signature Campaign : I think by now, most serious crypto people know what BIS is, so may be when we get some big update and what more people to get attracted, signature campaign would make sense, but till then i wont see purpose for this.

So questions I have is, I want to know what project stages Dev team is targeting in coming months, I know RPC and masternode are in making, but if we can have a structured way to see what is coming and when we can expect that, that would get everyone some clarity in terms of where we are heading.

Also, there is huge pool of open source Python developers, and not sure what steps have been taken to attract that pool of talent. That would be of immense help and huge factor in long term success.

Also, Bittrex invited good POW projects to apply and I am not sure if we have done that or not, I know some other projects have done that and shared that to their community. Not sure if we have not done that or not shared that or if i did not see that update.

selling sushistake.com, send offers
ox1337

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:24:06 AM

Why is the max supply of BIS so big? 110M
Is the the difference between max and total burned coins or is BIS really going to have  110M supply?
EggdraSyl

Activity: 140
Merit: 30

Bismuth core dev & EggPool.net Operator.

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 11:00:45 AM
Merited by uki (2), gawlea (2)

Hi,

Owner of EggPool Here.
I'm not used to talk or watch over here, but you'll find me at bismuth's slack and discord.

Since I see some questions about the pool fees, let me give some perspective on the why.

When I launched the pool and the gpu miner, Bismuth was being raped by a few private solo gpu miners.
I spent a month coding a pool and miner from scratch. really from scratch, all of it.
It's not some clone like other coins, where you drop some files on a vps and use an existing miner.
All is custom, from scratch.

Why such fees?
- because I'm dedicated 24/7 to this project, Bismuth and Eggpool
- because the fees cover the pool, but also the miner. It could be 5% pool + 5% miner fees.
- I do a spent a huge amount of time supporting users. Join slack or discord, you'll have answers. You won't have to run after me for days.
- superior infrastructure: it's not some cheap vps. I do run several Bismuth nodes, supporting the net with stable nodes, and I have designed a distributed pool architecture, with a central dashboard. I operate from several dedicated servers, in different parts of the world. A pool can crash or be under maintenance, you continue to mine. Check for historical pool downtime, you won't find. I did plan for long term reliable operations, not some quick cash.
- R&D. Lots of R&D goes into the miner. It's far superior to the open source solo miner. Lately, I sold some bis, I have to admit, so I could buy a 1080Ti for tuning purposes. Before that I bought an AMD Gpu so I could do specific optis for AMDs.
- Look, last update of the miner alone gave the miners +15 to +20% more hashrate. So, even with the 10% fees deducted, miners still get 5% more!!!!

I could have lowered to 5% fees, let the miner as it was, and everyone would have lost.
I'm really trying my best, both for bismuth - not all pools or solo miners are dev team friendly - and you miners: support and updating miner, reliable distributed pool, so everyone can win more. I don't do this as a side project, I'm heavily involved.

Don't look at what fees I "take", it's of no use: you do have the choice to pick another pool or mine solo, or dev your own pool and miner. I did it, you can too!
(See, I even help wanna be bismuth pools for the technical side)
If you mine on Egg, it's because you get more (even with the fees deducted) than you would the other way.

In the end, YOU get more. Isn't that what counts?

And moreover, you're supporting a dev friendly pool, that helps and stabilize the bismuth network long term.

If I dropped my fees today, that would only mean less support, less dev, a higher netdiff maybe, and a few more coins dumped by the miners. Would that really help?

https://EggPool.Net - Reliable BIS GPU Mining Pool  -  Did you get your https://Dragginator.Com Egg yet?
gawlea

Activity: 756
Merit: 579

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:00:56 AM

Is the the difference between max and total burned coins or is BIS really going to have  110M supply?

110M is not "so big", there are many coins with billions in circulation, when you have a low supply the price will bounce very hard as price and also decentralization will be a weak point when you have a low supply coin. We think 110M is a sweet spot supply for any project out there.

The difference is the total coins that will ever exist including the dev rewards and the max supply are the coins that can ever be mined.

Anyway this will happen in a very long time as the block reward is decreasing linearly over time from 15 to 0 in 10M blocks which at the current rate of 1 block every minute is ~19 years.
ox1337

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:39:20 AM

110M is not "so big", there are many coins with billions in circulation, when you have a low supply the price will bounce very hard as price and also decentralization will be a weak point when you have a low supply coin. We think 110M is a sweet spot supply for any project out there.

The difference is the total coins that will ever exist including the dev rewards and the max supply are the coins that can ever be mined.

Anyway this will happen in a very long time as the block reward is decreasing linearly over time from 15 to 0 in 10M blocks which at the current rate of 1 block every minute is ~19 years.

I am aware it is not a big supply, was just wondering whether it was a CMC bug or the real specs of the coins.

At that rate it is not a big deal at all.

thanks!
fonship

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 12:12:04 PM

Hi,

Owner of EggPool Here.
I'm not used to talk or watch over here, but you'll find me at bismuth's slack and discord.

Since I see some questions about the pool fees, let me give some perspective on the why.

When I launched the pool and the gpu miner, Bismuth was being raped by a few private solo gpu miners.
I spent a month coding a pool and miner from scratch. really from scratch, all of it.
It's not some clone like other coins, where you drop some files on a vps and use an existing miner.
All is custom, from scratch.

Why such fees?
- because I'm dedicated 24/7 to this project, Bismuth and Eggpool
- because the fees cover the pool, but also the miner. It could be 5% pool + 5% miner fees.
- I do a spent a huge amount of time supporting users. Join slack or discord, you'll have answers. You won't have to run after me for days.
- superior infrastructure: it's not some cheap vps. I do run several Bismuth nodes, supporting the net with stable nodes, and I have designed a distributed pool architecture, with a central dashboard. I operate from several dedicated servers, in different parts of the world. A pool can crash or be under maintenance, you continue to mine. Check for historical pool downtime, you won't find. I did plan for long term reliable operations, not some quick cash.
- R&D. Lots of R&D goes into the miner. It's far superior to the open source solo miner. Lately, I sold some bis, I have to admit, so I could buy a 1080Ti for tuning purposes. Before that I bought an AMD Gpu so I could do specific optis for AMDs.
- Look, last update of the miner alone gave the miners +15 to +20% more hashrate. So, even with the 10% fees deducted, miners still get 5% more!!!!

I could have lowered to 5% fees, let the miner as it was, and everyone would have lost.
I'm really trying my best, both for bismuth - not all pools or solo miners are dev team friendly - and you miners: support and updating miner, reliable distributed pool, so everyone can win more. I don't do this as a side project, I'm heavily involved.

Don't look at what fees I "take", it's of no use: you do have the choice to pick another pool or mine solo, or dev your own pool and miner. I did it, you can too!
(See, I even help wanna be bismuth pools for the technical side)
If you mine on Egg, it's because you get more (even with the fees deducted) than you would the other way.

In the end, YOU get more. Isn't that what counts?

And moreover, you're supporting a dev friendly pool, that helps and stabilize the bismuth network long term.

If I dropped my fees today, that would only mean less support, less dev, a higher netdiff maybe, and a few more coins dumped by the miners. Would that really help?

Thank you for a detailed, balanced response. I can say that yes latest miner code improved hash by 10-15% on AMD.
And I also know you have been very active and actively contributing.
Thats true that it all matters is how much miners earn.
Also I agree that kind of facility you give attached with a cost and valuable time.
I think I am ok with level of effort you are putting in provide a good service and also contributing in development of project.

Since your number of coins will not change much, so I expect when BIS cross $20-$30, you would consider lowering fee.

fonship

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 12:16:18 PM

Looking for more details about below tweet from BismuthDev tweet handle:
======
Masternode layer is now planned to run on an independent PoS chain, rewards to be paid in standard BIS. New features in consideration: ecdsa, byte-level operations, blake2b, operational database column. Nothing final yet.
======

Could you please dumb it down and take some time to explain, what this change is, what is thought behind it. Also, what will be this PoS independent change and if it will not be linked to the main chain, will we will have the same BIS coin on both chains? How will two independent chains work or PoW will end when PoS starts?
Also, these new features will come to which chain, what each change will bring value to BIS.

gawlea

Activity: 756
Merit: 579

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:24:42 PM

Is the the difference between max and total burned coins or is BIS really going to have  110M supply?

I am aware it is not a big supply, was just wondering whether it was a CMC bug or the real specs of the coins.

At that rate it is not a big deal at all.

thanks!

"Total supply" from coinmarketcap are the coins in existence (mined coins + dev reward fund (which is locked)) at this moment.
Most welcome!
EggdraSyl

Activity: 140
Merit: 30

Bismuth core dev & EggPool.net Operator.

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 01:00:04 PM
Merited by maccaspacca (10), uki (2), gawlea (2)

To clarify the MN approach:

- MN will still need Bis collateral and rewards will be paid in BIS
- A technical paper with strategy and details will come later, it's too soon right now
- A PoS chain, as a second level, will allow MN to reach consensus independently from the Bis PoW chain.
- Nothing will change for Bis, Users or miners. Bis and balances will stay on PoW chain.
- The two levels operating on two different strategies allow to highly strengthen and secure the network, since an attack would have to forge 2 chains with very different triggers.

So the MN implementation will not just be a "ping" test like on some coins, but would embed, from the start, innovative and secure algorithms.
All this is being evaluated, coded, documented, tested by the team.

https://EggPool.Net - Reliable BIS GPU Mining Pool  -  Did you get your https://Dragginator.Com Egg yet?
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: