Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:32:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Optiminer/Zero v1.2.0 (AMD+NVIDIA GPU) Linux+Windows  (Read 13225 times)
optiminer (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:47:05 PM

Just put up version 1.2.0 for Windows which should support NVIDIA! Please test and report back. 1.2.0 is also a bit faster for AMD cards, so everyone is suggested to update!

Note that 1.2.0 uses a bit more memory. Make sure your virtual memory size in Windows is large enough! Page size > number of cards * 8GB!

2x 1070GTX on i5 cpu win10, works but CPU usage is 100% looks like common opencl NV bug

speed is 10s/s per 1070

its shame RX have same speed

Great to hear that it works! Yes, the 100% CPU usage is a common issue with opencl and NVIDIA driver.. I do not know why NVIDIA has not fixed that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GaryH

Activity: 214

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:22:15 PM

I fired up the windows miner on my Win 10 Celeron 3900 rig 8 GB of ram with 3 * 1070s and set the virtual memory to min 28 gb to max of 30 gb.  CPU was max'd at 99.0% and would blue screen after about 3 mins.

EBWF mining ZEC puts the CPU at about 20%.  My results confirm what reb0rn21 was seeing.

Looks like I'll have to dual boot Ubuntu to mine this coin...
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:32:38 PM

Just put up version 1.2.0 for Windows which should support NVIDIA! Please test and report back. 1.2.0 is also a bit faster for AMD cards, so everyone is suggested to update!

Note that 1.2.0 uses a bit more memory. Make sure your virtual memory size in Windows is large enough! Page size > number of cards * 8GB!

2x 1070GTX on i5 cpu win10, works but CPU usage is 100% looks like common opencl NV bug

speed is 10s/s per 1070

Great to hear that it works! Yes, the 100% CPU usage is a common issue with opencl and NVIDIA driver.. I do not know why NVIDIA has not fixed that.

well maybe on purpose as they push CUDA, but ppl say there is solution something about GPU waiting on CPU, but I am not a coder so can`t help, not sure there is common fix but more a hard way to find it and make opencl work on NV with no CPU usage

PPS: or time to get used to cuda as AMD HW is out of stock soon we gona have a LOT more on NV hardware + NB mining cards hitting mining space! fu to AMD domination Cheesy

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
AKRO

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:52:35 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2017, 05:15:27 AM by AKRO

speed is 10s/s per 1070

well maybe on purpose as they push CUDA, but ppl say there is solution something about GPU waiting on CPU, but I am not a coder so can`t help, not sure there is common fix but more a hard way to find it and make opencl work on NV with no CPU usage

PPS: or time to get used to cuda as AMD HW is out of stock soon we gona have a LOT more on NV hardware + NB mining cards hitting mining space! fu to AMD domination Cheesy

this is true, but when shopping around for cards, nothing brings bang for buck like Radeon. Nvidia got better on ETH and it's king of certain algos and definitely best w/h in a lot of cases but they're usually much more expensive, even from a manufacturer refurb, they're still in very high demand too but, obtainable. I guess it's what sort of mining you plan on hedging.

In any case, I have my 390s mining at ~70W 11.1mhs with spikes to the more normal 130W range, one of them doesn't seem to dance much, staying a little higher but it is driving my screen i'm sure if i OCed them a bit and spent a day installing the perfect drivers I could hit +13mh/s each but at the cost of like 140w for 3mh/s. no bad shares either. Even the 390s are going extinct in the wild since they're the next best thing to a 470 at what was usually even under 200$US for a used one.

my 480/580s are nice and cool even with ref coolers in summer heat all under 70c with under 50% fans. going to be treating them with the best paste and pads anyway, without going liquid metal.
I am noticing my GPU1 in afterburner is showing 16% usage and 100% FSB the others read 100% usage and ~40% FSB, it's also the video-out gpu on this rig.

All measurements taken on Gpu-Z/Afterburner, kill-a-watt on its way. so 70W = about ~110W with pcie draw from my understanding. CPU is under 20% (spikes to 28) with some casual browsing, I can even play a couple of games to pass the time with minimal frame penalty so long as i disable that GPU.

AKRO

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:16:26 PM

Im really interested in what Vega can do. since it will have 16gb of HBM2, and double speed half-precision floating point operations bringing it to ~25Tflops, I always wondered if mining takes advantage of single or half pass... maybe something special can be drawn up? I would say it's a game changer, but at an MSRP of like 1000 USD and very limited supply many likely going into pre-built systems, there just won't be enough to go around.
AKRO

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:48:38 PM

Hi opti,

Why should I take your miner if he

A) more power needed, virtual Ram

B) less hash performance

C) I have to pay a fee 2.5%

D) the GTX 1080TI is not reasonably optimized.

So to point c, I like to pay a fee, but your miner must run significantly faster than the EWBF.

Best regards

EWBF has a miner for Zero parameters? that would be news to me.
I think you may be confused with Zcash since Opti does have a miner out for that too.
optiminer (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 08:33:24 PM

Why should I take your miner if he

A) more power needed, virtual Ram

B) less hash performance

C) I have to pay a fee 2.5%

D) the GTX 1080TI is not reasonably optimized.

So to point c, I like to pay a fee, but your miner must run significantly faster than the EWBF.

Simple: Because it is the only GPU miner available for ZERO. See first page for a link to more info about this interesting coin Smiley
optiminer (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 07:36:15 PM

O sorry man, my mistake! Smiley but I have tried your miner for zcash

I mean even he has worked, but very jerky, probably because of the virtual memory
im just confused

Not sure what you have tried... my Zcash miner does not work for NVIDIA cards.
notsure85

Activity: 139

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:55:06 PM

Hey opti, there are still problems, I have now bought 2x8 GB of memory and use your Zero Miner with 2 X GTX 1080TI and have set 16 GB virtual memory, nevertheless your miner crashes as soon as I use 2 graphics cards jerks the miner.

Need your help

same problem here with 2x1080ti.
Use 2 miner instances, one per card.
Still high cpu usage ~60%, but has been stable for 3 days.
win7, 8gb ram, 22gb page file, amd fx 4300 cpu.
AKRO

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:41:49 AM

Hey opti, there are still problems, I have now bought 2x8 GB of memory and use your Zero Miner with 2 X GTX 1080TI and have set 16 GB virtual memory, nevertheless your miner crashes as soon as I use 2 graphics cards jerks the miner.

Need your help

same problem here with 2x1080ti.
Use 2 miner instances, one per card.
Still high cpu usage ~60%, but has been stable for 3 days.
win7, 8gb ram, 22gb page file, amd fx 4300 cpu.

I think you can have it run on one instance, with the flags  -i 1 -i 1 -d 0 -d 1.

as for virtual memory, you may want to set it a bit higher, at 20gb just to give it breathing room, see if it helps.
Hurtman

Activity: 180

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:13:31 AM

The miner sometimes stops work and is just closed
Can work week, and day can
There is any decision that miner was restarted ?
P.S Rig = 6x480 8 Gb
lokko

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:59:19 AM

Hello friends, there is only one possible way, under Windows is the Zero Miner not really suitable, I have many days to healthy to solve the problem,

A) Ubuntu Linux 16.04
B) Nvidia driver
C) no more problems

On Windows, it seems to be a driver problem because the virtual memory is practically useless.

best regards
AKRO

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:27:48 PM

Hello friends, there is only one possible way, under Windows is the Zero Miner not really suitable, I have many days to healthy to solve the problem,

A) Ubuntu Linux 16.04
B) Nvidia driver
C) no more problems

On Windows, it seems to be a driver problem because the virtual memory is practically useless.

best regards

Good to know, I'm on Radeon/Windows and she's pretty stable, only if i start messing with settings opening and closing the miner multiple times do i get a hangup. Pagefile is important though, as is RAM to a lesser extent. Usually you want to keep pagefile to 1.5 times your RAM at most, and people may have presets limiting the amount of HD space it will use which will crash the miner on startup if you don't have enough allocated. the 1.5 number is just rule of thumb, you can go way beyond that but it comes at a cost of stability, and either way the more pagefile you use say ~32gb, the more you bottleneck your data speeds when doing anything else should you also use it for browsing/entertainment. also having a lot of pagefile will reduce it's lifespan by a bit. all in all having too little = bad. having more than enough = it just works normally.

This is why I recommend having a separate drive handle the pagefile only if you can help it, but ultimately not necessary and in a healthy rig with a healthy amount of ram and a modern HDD, you shouldn't notice a difference. you could always do the USB file transfer test too and see how much it slows down when the miner is running.

and also, don't use an SSD for pagefile, maybe for video games and normal computer stuff it's okay but when you're taxing it with ~30gb and it will not last very long. On the other hand I know Linux handles swapfile much more nicely, but i still wouldn't use that amount on an SSD.
lokko

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 05:51:48 PM

A) Ubuntu Linux 16.04
B) Nvidia driver
C) no more problems

best regards

Good to know, I'm on Radeon/Windows and she's pretty stable, only if i start messing with settings opening and closing the miner multiple times do i get a hangup. Pagefile is important though, as is RAM to a lesser extent. Usually you want to keep pagefile to 1.5 times your RAM at most, and people may have presets limiting the amount of HD space it will use which will crash the miner on startup if you don't have enough allocated. the 1.5 number is just rule of thumb, you can go way beyond that but it comes at a cost of stability, and either way the more pagefile you use say ~32gb, the more you bottleneck your data speeds when doing anything else should you also use it for browsing/entertainment. also having a lot of pagefile will reduce it's lifespan by a bit. all in all having too little = bad. having more than enough = it just works normally.

This is why I recommend having a separate drive handle the pagefile only if you can help it, but ultimately not necessary and in a healthy rig with a healthy amount of ram and a modern HDD, you shouldn't notice a difference. you could always do the USB file transfer test too and see how much it slows down when the miner is running.

and also, don't use an SSD for pagefile, maybe for video games and normal computer stuff it's okay but when you're taxing it with ~30gb and it will not last very long. On the other hand I know Linux handles swapfile much more nicely, but i still wouldn't use that amount on an SSD.

You agree 100%, but under windows 10 Prof. 64 had the increase of the virtual memory no effect,
Also retrofit the physical memory
Or moving the pagefile.sys to an empty HDD was useless
Only the change to Linux brought success.

Shit WINDUMB :-)

regards,
lokko

AKRO

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:25:39 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2017, 07:17:45 PM by AKRO

A) Ubuntu Linux 16.04
B) Nvidia driver
C) no more problems

best regards

You agree 100%, but under windows 10 Prof. 64 had the increase of the virtual memory no effect,

regards,
lokko

Ha Ha yeah, well, i guess its Nvidia then, i'm aware it takes up much more CPU power for instance. My guess is that the windows geforce drivers aren't playing nice with the internal bus NB/SB. Maybe motherboard BIOS? I don't have an Nvidia rig to test it out though, but I would recommend a "newer" paging Hard drive that was designed after a time workstations only had 4gb of ram.

maybe playing with the sector size could be better for stability and/or even performance in the form of consistency, but again in the wild world of pagefile, everything depends.
*EDIT* tested different cluster sizes, got strange results, but I only have a 512 physical to play with (probably pushing it) and don't feel like formatting my 4kb main drive.
lokko

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:32:17 PM

A) Ubuntu Linux 16.04
B) Nvidia driver
C) no more problems

best regards

regards,
lokko

Ha Ha yeah, well, i guess its Nvidia then, i'm aware it takes up much more CPU power for instance. My guess is that the windows geforce drivers aren't playing nice with the internal bus NB/SB. Maybe motherboard BIOS? I don't have an Nvidia rig to test it out though, but I would recommend a "newer" paging Hard drive that was designed after a time workstations only had 4gb of ram.

maybe playing with the sector size could be better for stability and/or even performance in the form of consistency, but again in the wild world of pagefile, everything depends.

also my assumption is the processor utilization,
 But this comes from the interplay (Low CPU - Strong GPU - not optimal programming Mining software.) I had previously 6 x GPU Gtx 1060 with EWBF Miner with 8 GB Ram no problem, now it is 2 GTX 1080 TI with 16 GB Ram and it Runs only under Linux properly
halker2010

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

The harder your life is the more meaning it has.

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 11:26:08 AM

P.S Rig = 6x480 8 Gb
Code:
:start
ECHO "WARNING: You need 8GB of virtual memory in Windows for EACH graphic card you mine on! Otherwise the program might crash and you need to restart Windows."

ECHO "Change the user and password in start.bat to yours!"

SET GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1

optiminer -s zero.suprnova.cc:6568 -u user.wn -p wp -m 8080 --device 1 -d 2 -d 3 -c 0

goto :start
this makes it loops around if closes by itself.

Rig=4 1070 1 1080.
lokko

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:30:03 PM

P.S Rig = 6x480 8 Gb
Code:
ECHO "WARNING: You need 8GB of virtual memory in Windows for EACH graphic card you mine on! Otherwise the program might crash and you need to restart Windows."

optiminer -s zero.suprnova.cc:6568 -u user.wn -p wp -m 8080 --device 1 -d 2 -d 3 -c 0

Rig=4 1070 1 1080.

thats wrong optiminer -s zero.suprnova.cc:6568 -u (user.wn) (-p wp )-m 8080 (--device 1 -d 2 -d 3 -c 0)

optiminer -s %POOL% -u %USER% -p %PASSWORD% -d 1 -i 1

SET POOL=zero.suprnova.cc:6568
SET USER=user.wn
SET PASSWORD=wp

If you only want to take the first graphic card then  -d 0   or  -d 1 -d 2 etc
If you want to take all you leave the entry free

(for help  only this entry in start.bat    
optiminer --help)

or run benchmark

regards
halker2010

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

The harder your life is the more meaning it has.

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:53:24 PM

P.S Rig = 6x480 8 Gb
Code:

Rig=4 1070 1 1080.

thats wrong optiminer -s zero.suprnova.cc:6568 -u (user.wn) (-p wp )-m 8080 (--device 1 -d 2 -d 3 -c 0)

SET USER=user.wn
SET PASSWORD=wp

optiminer --help)

or run benchmark

regards
well its not wrong i just meant the loop command not the whole thing i just needed device 1 2 3 on platform 0 to work so that worked for me.
lokko

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:12:45 PM

P.S Rig = 6x480 8 Gb
Code:

Rig=4 1070 1 1080.

SET USER=user.wn
SET PASSWORD=wp

optiminer --help)

or run benchmark

regards
well its not wrong i just meant the loop command not the whole thing i just needed device 1 2 3 on platform 0 to work so that worked for me.

ah okay !
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: