Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:26:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let the Machines do the Work (The end of Slavery)  (Read 18319 times)
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:04:47 AM

I dunno what else to tell you; you seem to be completely, 100% in belief that your system will work, despite my arguments.  I will not be taking part, but, I wish you the best in finding people who feel the same way as you.

Also, I highly recommend the Zeitgeist movies; they should be on Netflix, the first one anyway.  The other two are on YouTube.  They'll help you better understand what it is you're striving for.

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:05:30 AM

Then wouldn't it be wiser to use the money those services generate to maintain those services, like any other company that provides those services? Otherwise they will be out-competed, and make no money.

1. Maintaining most of those things costs less than they make, I just listed the parts of government that are actually lucrative.

2. Mining and providing electricity are two things the government could do that would be even more lucrative and liked.

3. I believe the government could then even afford NEW ventures, such as pharmaceutical.

And the Texas gov is already big on oil.
I'm detecting a theme here: a lot of belief and not a lot of research.

Let's just do one tiny little thing. How much does the turnpike system through Oklahoma net the state? Net, mind, how much money do they gain from it? This is an important number to know, since the "profit" from this will be going to fund your social welfare programs.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:08:00 AM

I dunno what else to tell you; you seem to be completely, 100% in belief that your system will work, despite my arguments.  I will not be taking part, but, I wish you the best in finding people who feel the same way as you.

Also, I highly recommend the Zeitgeist movies; they should be on Netflix, the first one anyway.  The other two are on YouTube.  They'll help you better understand what it is you're striving for.

It is not just belief, I have given you reasons for everything I have said.

And I'll watch them one day.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:10:37 AM

I'm detecting a theme here: a lot of belief and not a lot of research.

Let's just do one tiny little thing. How much does the turnpike system through Oklahoma net the state? Net, mind, how much money do they gain from it? This is an important number to know, since the "profit" from this will be going to fund your social welfare programs.

You mean a lot of research and not a lot of application. Sorry I don't have money yet, that doesn't mean I am not doing this though.

I could easily figure out stuff like that, I'm from McKinney TEXAS (which is where this system is planned for) and they recently built a highway in order to alleviate traffic to Dallas from Oklahoma, while bringing more traffic to our town. Paid for by the county, richest county in Texas to bring more money to the county. Why is it the richest county? Jail.... Imagine if those cells could make money with computers instead of inmates though? Smiley

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:13:52 AM

You mean a lot of research and not a lot of application.

Not once have you given us numbers to work with. It's all been conjectures and dreams and hopes.

In short, Stoner logic. Like Mike, I'm bowing out now. You can't say I didn't try. I wish you luck, you'll need it.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:14:58 AM

Not once have you given us numbers to work with. It's all been conjectures and dreams and hopes.

In short, Stoner logic. Like Mike, I'm bowing out now. You can't say I didn't try. I wish you luck, you'll need it.

So you just don't like that I haven't done anything yet. It really took 10 pages to say that?

Just watch Smiley

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:18:09 AM

So you just don't like that I haven't done anything yet. It really took 10 pages to say that?

If that's what you take away from what I said, sure. It's not what I said, but you've been consistently misunderstanding me the whole time. I'm used to it.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:30:35 AM

If that's what you take away from what I said, sure. It's not what I said, but you've been consistently misunderstanding me the whole time. I'm used to it.

No, that is what you said. You want "numbers" not "ideas". Lol.
You're just on the wrong thread if you are saying anything different.

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:34:24 AM

Hello, OP.

I'd like to inform you that you're wrong.  Moreover, it's difficult to explain why you're wrong because you contradict your own arguments so many times that a flow chart of your thought processes could be depicted as a ball of yarn.  However, I'll leave you with a simple consideration.

Suppose we achieve your Utopian dreams and we partake in a totally mechanized society.  What then?  What do you need coins for?  To buy goods and services?  From who?  Robots?  You really think a robot fucking cares if you pay it a Bitcoin or a Litecoin, or pay it at all?  I've never heard of a robot getting pissed because he got stiffed on a few alt-coins.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:36:05 AM

Suppose we achieve your Utopian dreams and we partake in a totally mechanized society.  What then?  What do you need coins for?  To buy goods and services?  From who?  Robots?  You really think a robot fucking cares if you pay it a Bitcoin or a Litecoin, or pay it at all?  I've never heard of a robot getting pissed because he got stiffed on a few alt-coins.

The overall end would be no money. At all.
Everyone supplied with the means to survive, simply because it is available Smiley

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:38:02 AM

The overall end would be no money. At all.
Everyone supplied with the means to survive, simply because it is available Smiley

So, why can't we just build the robots instead?  What's with all this time-wasting coin business?
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:39:25 AM

So, why can't we just build the robots instead?  What's with all this time-wasting coin business?

Because the robots need to be invented, and the people that would invent them are too busy working or starving or being in jail because they didn't want to work or starve.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:40:23 AM

Because the robots need to be invented, and the people that would invent them are too busy working or starving or being in jail because they didn't want to work or starve.

So why don't we free them and give them bread?  What's with all this time-wasting coin business?
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:41:13 AM

So why don't we free them and give them bread?  What's with all this time-wasting coin business?

Because they won't free them and give them bread, but coins can.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:51:38 AM

Just wanted to interject here, that there are many people who make a fine living in the career of robotics, even here in the US, but especially in Japan. It's not like there's some next-gen robotic researcher picking beans because he can't get research money.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:53:39 AM

Just wanted to interject here, that there are many people who make a fine living in the career of robotics, even here in the US, but especially in Japan. It's not like there's some next-gen robotic researcher picking beans because he can't get research money.

Very wrong.
There is tons of wasted potential all over the world, and especially in America. It is lost to poverty, senseless violence, Hard drugs and other things America could word towards fixing.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:58:18 AM

Very wrong.
Yes, you are. But, please, don't let me interrupt. Carry on.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 03:00:28 AM

You REALLY think EVERY (and even the best) robotics (and inventive in general) minds, can afford to go to robotics schools?

That's a joke.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 03:06:27 AM

You REALLY think EVERY (and even the best) robotics (and inventive in general) minds, can afford to go to robotics schools?

That's a joke.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIRST_Robotics_Competition

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 05:06:09 AM

That's a joke.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIRST_Robotics_Competition

And that is supposed to prove that we live in an ideal world? Where magically EVERY great mind is recognized, lol.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: