Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:10:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you expect to happen to bitcoin in a year's time  (Read 3590 times)
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:41:52 AM

I hope that one year from now we all stopped comparing bitcoin to dollar or any another currency – simply because there's enough things to buy for bitcoins so that a bitcoin has a value in itself.

That can, by definition, never happen.  What is the value of gold?  It's priced in US dollars, or Euros, or Yen or whatever.  What is the value of a US dollar?  It's always compared to other currencies.  Even if the entire economy of a country was running on bitcoins they still need to be exchanged for other currencies when exporting or importing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 06:23:52 AM

Some interesting predictions.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Frozenlock

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 06:26:00 AM

Necromancer!!!
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:53:39 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2013, 11:42:30 AM by elux

- Point-of-Sale machines will have been developed and deployed by multiple exchanges.  Open-source Point-of-Sale machines will also exist.  Combined deployment by August 2012 will be at nearly 1000 units;

- Bitcoin ATMs will be found in a couple of hundred major metropolitan areas;

- Within most G-20 countries, buying Bitcoins will be as easy as buying anything else, whether online or from a brick-and-mortar location or ATM;

- The Bitcoin client will be user-friendly and safe (encrypted).  Several reliable and proven e-wallet options will be available.  Exchanges will also act as e-wallets;

- The term "Bitcoin" will be as well-known as "Bluetooth," "Android," or "Kindle" is today, i.e. common-dog to your average technically inclined 30-something;

- Bitcoin usage will just start to become pervasive in the school-yard, as kids begin playing bitcoin-based gambling games against each other.  Without cash, they can hide their activities from their teachers and parents.  Kids will ask for Bitcoins as birthday gifts and Christmas gifts, instead of pre-paid debit cards;

- Online gambling will have begun the shift to the Bitcoin world, for gamblers to have pseudo-anonymity, avoid geographic boundaries, and enjoy nearly instant deposits and withdrawals.  0.2% (two tenths of one percent) of all online gambling will take place in Bitcoin;

- At least one major online retailer (company worth > $500 million) will accept Bitcoin;

- 5% of all eBay transactions will be settled in Bitcoin, mostly to avoid PayPal fees;

- Some online games will incorporate Bitcoin as their in-game currency;

- The Bitcoin Show will upgrade their studio to incorporate desks, so that Manny and Bruce's sperm-count can recover from the incessant laptop heat;

- Bitcoins will be worth between $150 and $200 each.

You sir, are way to optimistic.

Though, this is the speculation board of course.

It appears that the demand for Bitcoins is slightly outpaced by the inflation for the past few months at about a $1 decline per week outside of a few hype bumps.

I see a slow steady decline that will decline slower and slower until it holds steady early into 2012.

With innovation and more interest will bring about a steady increase of people investing in Bitcoin.

Shortly before the reward for blocks goes from 50 to 25 things will shift and Bitcoin will steadily increase from there
outside of a few dips thanks to scare tactics by governments and other currencies and jumps due to big news.

So over the next year I see this: \__/

Boy, you guys have fertile imaginations.
Indeed, I’m not so sure whether that’s called delusion or hope.

"We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. Don't let yourself be lulled into inaction."

— William Henry Gates III.  Smiley
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 01:22:05 PM

Necromancer!!!

Neuromancer perhaps?

In any case, I'm just awaiting my first cyber-brain casing after we've gotten around the implant rejection issues.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 07:39:25 PM

haha someone unearthed a time capsule. Always interesting to read threads from years ago, gives me an insight to what it was like in thise days  Tongue

1m1nd

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:07:48 PM

Thanks for the bump
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 12:47:52 AM

OP would have broke even just about.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 12:51:42 AM

Hey my prediction of \__/  from August 2011 to August 2012 was fairly accurate. Even saying it would start to pick up after the change from 50 per block to 25 which was the end of November.

Smiley

I have no idea where it will be a year from now. My prediction was that it would be over $100 by the end of the year. I did not expect it to happen this fast.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:04:15 AM

Safe to say that, roughly, everyone's prediction came true and didnt come true at the same time.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:19:08 AM

Hey my prediction of \__/  from August 2011 to August 2012 was fairly accurate. Even saying it would start to pick up after the change from 50 per block to 25 which was the end of November.

Yep. You easily won this thread.

I have no idea where it will be a year from now.

Offcourse you'd say that... Wink Tongue

How about the next three to five years?
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:43:55 AM

i have no idea.

if i had to guess, id say either $10-$15 range or sub $1... with wild swings in price along the way. 

Ah consistency!  Thy name is evolve...

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:20:43 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 04:33:17 AM by evolve

i have no idea.

if i had to guess, id say either $10-$15 range or sub $1... with wild swings in price along the way.  

Ah consistency!  Thy name is evolve...

Nailed it.

Wink
BTC Books

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:10:37 AM

i have no idea.

Nailed it.

Wink

You did.  Credit where it's due.

How're your more recent predictions going?   Cheesy

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
Geist

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:20:18 AM

i have no idea.

Nailed it.

Wink

Looks like this is my...
(•_•) | ( •_•)>⌐■-■ | (⌐■_■)
...signature. YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:07:02 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 06:20:06 AM by evolve

How're your more recent predictions going?   Cheesy

The only prediction that I've given you guys is that we will likely see singles again within the year...the year isn't over yet.  I have been calling the price rise a bubble since the high $20's though (and have been personally cautious about the price since the teens), and I still strongly believe it. My personal predictions are going well, I should be locking profits in again in about a day or so if all goes as planned.  Wink

So.....well, I guess?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: