Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:37:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Social Engineering Thread  (Read 316 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:49:44 PM

Is it real? Is everyone well meaning? Are there bad actors compromised by states? Have we all been hypnotised by Core's soothing words? Is Bitmain controlled by a joystick installed in Xi Jinpgin's desk? Does everyone want it to succeed but can't see eye to eye?

This is self moderated so I might even socially engineer you. HA.

But I would like to hear some theories or examples. Any of the usual boring shit from the usual suspects will be deleted. It's been heard a trillion times here. I'd like the thoughts of people who rarely pipe up about their observations.

Item number 1 - Bitpay failing to mention that the upgrade offered to their users comes with forking fun - https://twitter.com/BitPay/status/898182956912705537
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:13:15 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2017, 11:45:42 PM by Torque

I am 100% certain there has been an ongoing attack campaign against Bitcoin since it became popular and bigger, and it has only intensified in the last two years. Too many examples to list, but you can feel it constantly. Like a hydra, as soon as one threat is vanquished and in the rear view, another immediately fills in the void to take its place. It's unrelenting and it will never stop.

Since they know that they cannot bring down Bitcoin, and short of outright govt. banning or trying to cutoff the on-ramps, etc., which would only galvanize the people's resolve and drive it underground fully into a black market, they are constantly attacking and trying to slow down it's exponential growth through:

1) constant false FUD attacks
2) bad actors, paid shills and trolls
3) threats of constant forks or attempts to fork
4) pumping useless altcoins and ICO tokens,
5) negative Bitcoin press and media attacks,
6) shutting down unregulated exchanges,
7) legislative attacks,
8] releasing ransomware attacks and DDoS attacks, and
9) Spamming the Bitcoin network.

People are extremely naive if they don't think this is happening, and worse yet if they don't believe it's being perpetrated by Globalist state actors loyal to the financial elitists and central bankers. Many of these paid shills and trolls hang out on this very sub forum because it's their job and they are being paid to keep the shilling and trolling going indefinitely. To keep up the pressure. Once they tire of one troll account, they just create a new one and start again. Many of them pretend to be pro-Bitcoin in order to try and gain trust, and then they subtly try to sway others. Others are just outright trolls.

Their goals are to inflame, scare, sway, condescend, divide, discourage, demoralize, and frustrate Bitcoiners. Anything they can do to convince those buying and holding Bitcoin that they should rethink their involvement in both the short and long term.

They want you stay in fiat. They want you to buy anything other than bitcoin: stocks, bonds, cars, houses, clothes, shoes, household items, trinkets, crap made in China. Other shitcoins. ICO tokens. Anything other than bitcoin. They want to absolutely crush your belief in bitcoin. Because they know that belief is the key. It is what gives bitcoin its power, it's value. And belief is a feedback loop builds on itself over time.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:53:08 PM

The main thing we should be worried about is Jihan Wu and his team trying to destroy Bitcoin through the hard forks and SW with chain reorganisation on the mainnet.
I don't know how on earth we can stop this from happening, this guy has control over so much hashing power i don't think there is enough time and awareness to stop him.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:31:01 PM

Item number 1 - Bitpay failing to mention that the upgrade offered to their users comes with forking fun - https://twitter.com/BitPay/status/898182956912705537

Wow. I knew Stephen Pair and Bitpay were scummy, but I actually expected backtracking from them, given how outspoken Core developers have been against the November hard fork attempt. It seems like they're really setting the stage for a split of the network.

I won't lie. Even if it were just Bitmain and Bitpay alone fully backing a fork, I'd be worried about how bad the split in userbase and economic activity could be. It looks like there could be significantly more support for the 2x fork at this point than just them, too.

I worry that Bitcoin Cash was used as a test bed to show that a "Bitcoin hard fork" can't succeed without majority hash power. This implies (fallaciously) to many that it was hash power that explains the failure of Bitcoin Cash. Enter Segwit2x....

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: