Poll
Question: Is it time to buy or sell?
Buy! - 8 (20.5%)
Sell! - 7 (17.9%)
HOLD! - 24 (61.5%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy or Sell?  (Read 2559 times)
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:12:38 AM

your poll lacks a lot of options! most obvious one all of the above Smiley
overall strategy is HODL, and always will be HODL. there is no argument there.

but for short term you sell on top and buy back right away after the dip. for the time-being I say your suggestion of selling (yesterday) was a good one but I don't think rise is over. it will continue to rise throughout the following week and then it would be a better time to sell for a short term profit before the correction.

Only Bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Leprikon

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:20:15 AM

You can sell a little, because there is a risk of falling prices. And you always need to keep some part for the future.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:53:31 AM

you should only sell bitcoin if
- you are a trader
- you are in dire need of money and have no other way of finding it.

otherwise selling bitcoin is like selling Apple shares at 1 cents in early days of it coming out.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:58:45 PM

- you are a trader

otherwise selling bitcoin is like selling Apple shares at 1 cents in early days of it coming out.
That's how solid hodlers think about Bitcoin, but if you look in general, less experienced people get wet pants as soon as they see the price that has gone up like 25% and sell as result.

Only those with a strong believe in the possibilities of Bitcoin will be able to refrain from selling at current prices. Our aim is far beyond those that are short term minded. We're sitting on a whole different level.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:19:03 PM

- you are a trader

That's how solid hodlers think about Bitcoin, but if you look in general, less experienced people get wet pants as soon as they see the price that has gone up like 25% and sell as result.

Only those with a strong believe in the possibilities of Bitcoin will be able to refrain from selling at current prices. Our aim is far beyond those that are short term minded. We're sitting on a whole different level.
Let them sell. With fiat investment 25% profit is amazing, most newbies who bought Bitcoin and noted profit of this magnitude is happy.
They lack deeper understanding that for bitcoin is not the end, it is only a beginning, with each passing year price is higher.
And we have pillars- in form of positive news, which generate even higher price - just as current high price was caused by Japan adoption above all else.
rajasumi3

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 02:16:10 PM

You can buy the bitcoins as according to me the price of bitcoins would be more than 2000$ by the end of this year and it might so happen that if you hold on to ur current bitcoins,you will be able to made quite a bit of money through it.
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 03:48:50 PM

OP if you think that you can earn your profit on selling it now, I guess it is time because you have it now also if you are really in need to have it at the moment then go with that, but if not that important I guess, you better hold it or buy if you really can now, chances is in your hands, sell or buy is your choice.
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:47:00 PM

Sell early on May 14. Buy back in around May 19-20.  Wink
btcney

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:37:21 AM

Poll Open for 24 hours. NVM
Personally I think its time to sell a little to buy back in later.

Yeah definitely.

I think that bitcoin price is currently a bit too over inflated. People think that it's still alright, bitcoin is going to go $2,000 this year and I agree with them. But not this fast, you cannot have bitcoin going up $200 in 2-3 days and not call it a bubble.

I think a short term adjusment is due anytime now, already down $50 from yesterday, I think it's still not the price we are supposed to be at. I wouldn't be surprised at all if bitcoin's price adjusted to $1300 or even $1200 in the short term before bouncing back up.

There is an opportunity though when that happens to load up on cheap coins again Smiley
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:22:28 AM

You know what I'm afraid of? to sell right now in hopes of a drop in price just to find out that price will never go down Smiley.
Daily around 200K Bitcoins are being traded, so it's about 1M in one week, dismiss 1M Bitcoins of the founder we're left with 15M so in about 15 weeks all the whales and traders and holders should logically run out of supply and we'll be left with 2K daily coins mined by miners.
Either people are idiots to buy high and sell low or just plain idiots not to hold their positions and not demanding for much higher prices.
Believe it or not even if you ask for $2000 now after buyers see how hard it is to mine they will come buying your $2000 coins.

🖤😏
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:15:49 AM

I dont know  how  there is increase in btc price that much or any other major altcoin.is there any money crisis in any country?

Because their is a money crisis in your country people with money want to run to something that will hold value if their money does even worse.
Hence crytocurrencies a good old satoshi whitepaper proof of utility argument.

Also HODL I demand it over HOLD ^^ We must not be grammatically correct.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Zenithar

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 06:20:01 AM

You can buy the bitcoins as according to me the price of bitcoins would be more than 2000$ by the end of this year and it might so happen that if you hold on to ur current bitcoins,you will be able to made quite a bit of money through it.
yes that is true, bitcoin price increase more in future, i think the present rally will continue for next few months,  and therefore it is expected that the price of bitcoin will cross 2000 USD level very easily, some people are even expecting that the price of bitcoin will reach to 3000 USD level at the end of 2017. 
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 06:36:37 AM

Yes, it seems that global market begin to decline and bitfinex no longer become the one which has highest exchange rate, start to normal I think but coinbase has higher price of bitcoin right now. Sell now and then the price will increase again, lol. But, before it going so far (decline) better to sell a bit but not so much, based on your calculations. For me, I won't sell any, I've done that before and regret it until today, so no more.
Grillo

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:26:22 AM

HODL!!!!

Where is that option in your poll?
Dizaster2015

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:07:06 PM

Why such an accurate forecast? I think that until the end of May, you can still wait with the sale, but then the price will start to fall.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:11:04 PM

I voted for buy and along with that I also favor for hold. Like buy bitcoins and hold for longer time that will make us to earn the profit. Many people claim that the price of bitcoin is now high and not the time to buy and they are waiting for the price to lower but they are at wrong as they do not know that with the passage of time the price of bitcoin will increase more higher and will not come to lower value so theyr wait is useless the better idea is that they buy now they will get a good benefit.
JakaE

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 12:36:08 PM

Why such an accurate forecast? I think that until the end of May, you can still wait with the sale, but then the price will start to fall.

Because the SEC will most probably decline the twin's ETF again on the 15th.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:28:51 PM

I voted for buy and along with that I also favor for hold. Like buy bitcoins and hold for longer time that will make us to earn the profit. Many people claim that the price of bitcoin is now high and not the time to buy and they are waiting for the price to lower but they are at wrong as they do not know that with the passage of time the price of bitcoin will increase more higher and will not come to lower value so theyr wait is useless the better idea is that they buy now they will get a good benefit.
Holding bitcoin is a very profitable thing. Currently it is seen that bitcoin prices will rise again.
Do a bitcoin purchase and then store it, waiting is a tiring thing but very profitable for us.
Jewell

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:14:50 PM

Yes, it seems that global market begin to decline and bitfinex no longer become the one which has highest exchange rate, start to normal I think but coinbase has higher price of bitcoin right now. Sell now and then the price will increase again, lol. But, before it going so far (decline) better to sell a bit but not so much, based on your calculations. For me, I won't sell any, I've done that before and regret it until today, so no more.
yes there is no doubt that different exchanges are trading bitcoin in different price, but i do not think that we should sell our bitcoin only for that reason, to me i think still there is too much potential in the price of bitcoin and their for still it is good time to hold bitcoin and not to sell it. because the price of bitcoin is still expected to increase more and more.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 09:28:23 PM

your poll lacks a lot of options! most obvious one all of the above Smiley
overall strategy is HODL, and always will be HODL. there is no argument there.

but for short term you sell on top and buy back right away after the dip. for the time-being I say your suggestion of selling (yesterday) was a good one but I don't think rise is over. it will continue to rise throughout the following week and then it would be a better time to sell for a short term profit before the correction.

I can say hold, if you sell now probably you will be buying BTC higher.  The market is very bullish, they believe this is only the beginning of the second wave of Bitcoin, so they believe that more increase will come in the next weeks.  It is better to have Bitcoin when the price surge up again rather than panic buying when it starts to move upward but well, seems you have sold, I hope you can buy your new BTC at a cheaper price.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀