Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:37:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e Support Scamming Customers (RESOLVED) [Unlocked. Took approx 40 days]  (Read 1108 times)
yukiko (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:02:11 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2017, 11:14:30 AM by yukiko

ATTENTION BTC-e USERS:

It is advised to pull any assets on BTC-e OFF of BTC-e based upon the following incident, as many more, similar ones are occurring too:

This post is dedicated to attempting to confirm if BTC-e scams their customers when they get locked out of their account.

Situation: 2FA lost (does not matter why or who is at fault. Just a fact of the event).

Customer contacts BTC-e to have it removed as the process was outlined as a relatively painless process.

BTC-e replies they are doing so and provide date for unlocking to take place.

Customer waits.

After unlocking deadline passes, customer contacts BTC-e support asking why.

BTC-e support replies requesting for verification information of customer and has set 2fa unlinking process to what appears to be account banned.

Customer provides said information.

Ten days has passed by. No reply from BTC-e to support ticket. Multiple attempts to contact BTC-e have failed. Account is still locked and states contact customer support.

Anyone go through similar things? What would you do as a next step? Please only constructive/helpful comments. There does not appear to be any method of contacting BTC-e by phoen or chat as chat always appears offline.

Thank you.

UPDATE:

Account finally unlocked. Took nearly 40 days between the time 2FA was lost, 2FA unlinking requested, ticket submitted since unlinking did not happen, and finally receiving a message stating unlocked.

I must say, next time something like that happens, and I don't have the 2FA code to just manually enter it, I'm buying new components for the device rather than requesting an unlock. Could have had it done in a day with much less risk.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 04:37:44 AM

Well the only way that you're going to reach them is by their support mail system. As far as i know they don't have any phone or physical mailing address.

If you don't receive anything back from them then you're basically screwed.

There are a lot more of these complaints on bitcointalk if you look through the scam accusation section. Almost 1/4 of all the reports on the first page is regarding BTC-e support not responding or scamming.

Hopefully they can do a better job and respond but it does seem unlikely at this point.

Good luck
yukiko (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:14:32 PM

This is possible.

I CAN note they have closed additional tickets I opened in an attempt to make contact. No response on the original ticket.
yukiko (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:22:09 AM

They keep closing any new ticket. Ignoring original ticket which is just left open without reply.

Got an email from they  a few days ago then ended up in my spam folder. It said they're detecting micro transactions on my account and they will ban it in 48 hours if I don't respond. Naturally, in my spam folder, I didn't see it in time. Also, the account is supposedly locked, so what are they talking about?

I'm predicting a class action law suit coming soon against BTC-e for scamming customers. It appears to be increasing in quantity as time goes on.

Also, what are they doing with all the personal information they are collecting? There appears to be a number of incidents where they respond to the first message requesting identification/etc. Then nothing.

Identity theft ploy?
TravisH

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:25:30 PM

They just locked me out of my account 711 LTC worth 25000 usd. I just filed a report with the FTC as well as the financial crimes network FinCEN. Shit sucks.
yukiko (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 10:38:14 AM

They just locked me out of my account 711 LTC worth 25000 usd. I just filed a report with the FTC as well as the financial crimes network FinCEN. Shit sucks.

Sorry to hear this. What was the reason for locking you out?
yukiko (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:15:14 AM

They closed my account with the blatant lie that my account is inactive for 1 calendar year. After I informed them that this is not true, they suddenly asked for a bunch of documents!

I asked them several questions and they did not answer one!

I am thinking they are a small group of people, extremely backlogged, with english not as their strongest language.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:59:17 AM

No one reads this section.. except a few who might* pop up after they get scammed.
Further more..
There is going to be obvious doubt about the validity of all the BTCe scam claims.

All of you making claims like this should validate your claim then post them all in one topic.
Otherwise a lot of people may suspect that it's 2 or 3 sketchy guys creating 40 accounts here complaining.

Do this or you will not be taken seriously.

And most importantly i better not hear you went right back in there trading more.
If they fucked you around for 40 days ..it means GTFO now !

@yukiko
I thought you mean the complainers..
But yeah the support staff may be like that.
Worse BOTH could be  Cheesy

Hell i see that regularly all over crypto.. broken English mush mouth foreigners with very weak reading skills.. trying to run their mouth LOL

I don't know what you said but.. IT's WRONG ! hahahhah

FUD first & ask questions later™
TravisH

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 05:56:58 PM

No one reads this section.. except a few who might* pop up after they get scammed.
Further more..
There is going to be obvious doubt about the validity of all the BTCe scam claims.

All of you making claims like this should validate your claim then post them all in one topic.
Otherwise a lot of people may suspect that it's 2 or 3 sketchy guys creating 40 accounts here complaining.

Do this or you will not be taken seriously.

And most importantly i better not hear you went right back in there trading more.
If they fucked you around for 40 days ..it means GTFO now !

@yukiko
I thought you mean the complainers..
But yeah the support staff may be like that.
Worse BOTH could be  Cheesy

Hell i see that regularly all over crypto.. broken English mush mouth foreigners with very weak reading skills.. trying to run their mouth LOL

I don't know what you said but.. IT's WRONG ! hahahhah

The fact is, filing criminal complaints is the only real action that will accomplish anything. Like you said we can  all be fake accounts. What people have to do is not give these criminals any personal information that they can use against you. I personally am refusing to comply with them in giving them any personal information. Any personal info Iv already given is to the police. If BTC-e wants my personal info, then their lawyers can get it in the discovery once the criminal complaint reaches the courts. The fact is, they don't have the right to steal my account and demand that I validate who I am and how Iv acquired my coins. They want that information so they can steal your identity and hack any accounts on other trading platforms. No one give these people any personal info!!! Report everything to Action Fraud and the FTC. You can also contact FinCEN. That's  the financial crimes network. They go after international criminals who defraud People.
TravisH

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 06:08:11 PM

Eventually after enough people file criminal complaints, their UK headquarters and the registered owner will be subpoenaed to court. Most likely the criminals won't show because they are cowards. But that's actually a good throng because then a judge will levy the default judgment. Then the civil suit can begin. And of course since the cowards won't show, a judge will levy default judgment. Iv been running calculations on the profits I potentially lost due to them blocking my account and I plan on filing a claim for the total sum. As if I sold and bought at every daily high and low. I suggest everyone keep track of every daily high and low for your records. Eventually a judge will rule weather a class action suit is applicable, which it obviously is. Once the case reaches class action, that will be the end of BTC-e forever. They don't have enough capital to settle a multimillion dollar fraud suit let alone the balls to show up and face a judge for criminal charges.
Now everything I stated is hypothetical, but those are the steps the police and civil suit lawyers will take. And I plan on being at the forefront of those cases.
TheJamesFund

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:58:52 AM

I have been verified and still locked out. Being ignored and given the run around. Support

I have been verified for several days now, My account got hacked on July 3rd. I was actually on line and got booted off... I have followed your directions on getting my account unclocked and going to xbtce to get verified. I emailed you and you asked what my new email address. I have provided it in the support ticket XXXXXXx I have contacted xbtce for help and they sent me the following reply....

[Support: access to my btce account
Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting xBTCe Support.

Please note, you're now contacting xBTCe, not btc-e company. Your xBTCe account was successfully verified. Unfortunately we don't have access to any btc-e accounts. Please contact btc-e support team directly regarding this issue. Thank you for understanding.

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
xBTCe
TheJamesFund

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:37:44 PM

7/15/17

I my support emails are now being read and ignored. No responses 14 days now. Help anyone?
TravisH

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:26:31 AM

Your screwednlike the rest of us. I'm out $25,000
JamesNoJosh

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:03:43 PM

BTCE has stop responding to my support ticket to unlock my account. I have been verified as well per their request. 21 days so far. More $  then I want to admit in an open forum. Please anyone else having same issues? Share experiences please. Especially if it been resolved. I need a light of hope.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: