Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:06:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple Adds 10 New Financial Firms to 'Blockchain Network'  (Read 2914 times)
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 12:03:13 PM

Yes, which means there is no real purpose for speculators to invest into XRP. Because most likely the investors/speculators will lose money.

Ripple is in a position where they can and will milk money from speculators, and only a tiny portion of speculators will make money assuming they exit in time. Ripple in curent situation is like a POW project with 100% annual inflation. No reason to enter in the first place. Because demand doesn't increase with supply, unless the supplied good is getting much cheaper.

If you sell hamburgers for 2$ each, assuming customers don't have to wait in line, then it means you'll sell the same amount even if you place 10 shops near eachother. Then only way to sell more is if you dilute the price of each hamburger from 2$ to 1$. The same with XRP, they will have to badly dilute the curent value of the tokens to get more speculators, assuming they will think of it as "cheap/cheaper".
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
namini

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 12:25:40 PM

mining1 is on a mission against Ripple.

The supply of BTC has increased a lot more compared to XRP https://www.xrpchat.com/uploads/monthly_2016_09/57ee3f31541f5_BTCvsXRPDistribution.thumb.png.aeee0d12dd4e8818f82347041699e94c.png

Ripple holds a lot of XRP, and Ripple said numerous time they benefit significantly if there's price appreciation.
mining1

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 12:38:35 PM

Your link is about distribution. Doesn't have anything to do with what i just said. BTC has 21mil token limit and in curent circulation there's 16mil.

There's  37billion XRP in circulation and 62 more billions XRP held by ripple. That's twice more than the amount in circulation. Ofcourse they benefit from a higher price. And that's my point. They are the only ones who benefit from it. Investors are there for their milking machine.
namini

Activity: 119

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 01:08:33 PM

Bitcoin started in January 2009.
I don't have time to make a detailed answer now, but I think you're wrong.
pimpjuice

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 01:29:02 PM

Your link is about distribution. Doesn't have anything to do with what i just said. BTC has 21mil token limit and in curent circulation there's 16mil.

There's  37billion XRP in circulation and 62 more billions XRP held by ripple. That's twice more than the amount in circulation. Ofcourse they benefit from a higher price. And that's my point. They are the only ones who benefit from it. Investors are there for their milking machine.

BTC distribution will never be matched because it was before the get rich quick mentality kicked in. BUT let's face it, the real goal of a decentralized asset to be utilized isn't in the initial distribution but how it confirms transactions. Mining was freakin awesome until Chinese mining pools started dominating the network, now we have smart contracts/escrow that can control a distribution in a similar manner without the politics/power consumption. Rather than Chinese mining farms confirming transactions Ripple uses validators ran by Microsoft, MIT, CGI, possibly Amazon, etc to accomplish the same thing. While mining btc becomes more centralized, Ripple is actually becoming more decentralized with every validator added. As far as distribution is concerned, Ripple is working on using something like escrow to lock up xrp and distribute in more transparent manner. I wouldn't worry too much about total supply vs available supply this early in the game. Ripple is actually deflationary in a way because xrp is destroyed with transaction fees, I would be more worried about inflation with some of these coins more than current available supply. When it comes to utilization Ripple is definitely one of the very best with validators, tx/sec, governance. When it comes to initial distribution, bitcoin is pretty damn hard to match considering it defined the value of this market so is impossible to do the same thing again with the knowledge we have now.

mining1

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 02:08:43 PM

You're trying to divert this conversation somewhere else.
That being said, here we talk about 70% of the total supply held locked by Ripple to starve the market and artificially increase the price.

In case you don't understand ( but i am sure you do ) take Gnosis's example. Only 5% of the total supply is released on the market, for people to do what they desire with it; as a consequence, it's market cap, with 95% of tokens held by devs locked, it's at 85mil USD, because the market is starved and there are too few tokens to trade around. That means the real market cap is over 1.5 billion USD. As a comparison, Augur, who basically is a rival of gnosis, has a market cap of 180mil USD. But they don't have most of their tokens locked away to starve the market.

This is what's happening with ripple. People don't understand/research and they do not know that devs own most of the funds, and from time to time, they release them on market and dilute the value on the market, because ripple can't possibly hold a 5.5 billion market cap value with all the tokens released to the market, like most fair projects do.

If you still don't get it, look at Malcoin's coin, 18.8 billion usd market cap, almost as much as bitcoin. Because there are only few tokens to trade around and the total supply is 1 billion tokens. It doesn't have any volume, but it's still 18.8 billion market cap, because the devs hold the funds locked. This is what ripple does.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/market-cap-by-total-supply/
f0rmdeep

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 05:29:24 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2017, 08:29:35 PM by f0rmdeep

You're trying to divert this conversation somewhere else.
That being said, here we talk about 70% of the total supply held locked by Ripple to starve the market and artificially increase the price.

In case you don't understand ( but i am sure you do ) take Gnosis's example. Only 5% of the total supply is released on the market, for people to do what they desire with it; as a consequence, it's market cap, with 95% of tokens held by devs locked, it's at 85mil USD, because the market is starved and there are too few tokens to trade around. That means the real market cap is over 1.5 billion USD. As a comparison, Augur, who basically is a rival of gnosis, has a market cap of 180mil USD. But they don't have most of their tokens locked away to starve the market.

This is what's happening with ripple. People don't understand/research and they do not know that devs own most of the funds, and from time to time, they release them on market and dilute the value on the market, because ripple can't possibly hold a 5.5 billion market cap value with all the tokens released to the market, like most fair projects do.

If you still don't get it, look at Malcoin's coin, 18.8 billion usd market cap, almost as much as bitcoin. Because there are only few tokens to trade around and the total supply is 1 billion tokens. It doesn't have any volume, but it's still 18.8 billion market cap, because the devs hold the funds locked. This is what ripple does.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/market-cap-by-total-supply/

what a desperate fellow, all one has to see is his desperateness - they will right away discard the disinformation. For your kind information

Ripple is Deflationary - no new coins can ever be mined, and the supply will only be decreasing. How about that ?

add to that, RIpple ( a solid legal backed and licensed company - NOT a hunky dory shady character on onion web ) will be using their own "on-platform-escrow-feature" to Lockup most of the XRP for many years - news coming soon

ROFL .. if nothing your stomach burn will cause u ulcer ... take care fella !

as for ripple investors ... they sleep the best and they earn the best. i really can't give u a single dime and never they will wake up to see the dev's have run away with all their money NOR they will have to go through a community fight for segwit...

Speak for yourself and to yourself. -

tell you what, being Civil - the only response i have for you is - I wont be wasting on you , any more of precious time, as it is now pure bigotry and not worth a single dime.. Oh see that line is even a rhyme ! LOL

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: