Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:26:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins rising  (Read 5145 times)
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:32:22 PM

I dont know if someone has noticed or not.
but both altcoins and btc are rising simultaneously....
I have never seen something like that. I monitor coinmarketcap.com and it it insane what is going on.
In top 50 coins there is only like 4 coins which registered a loss during last 24 hours.
ETH will soon reach $100, Litecoin is on its way to $30. Global fiat economic crisis is coming?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:24:11 AM

Global fiat economic crisis is coming?

I don't think crypto has much to do with fiat.  It is a speculative market now, like derivatives and penny stock.  My theory is that many coins will rise to about comparable market caps, because that's the only way to make obviously gaining strategies impossible (efficient market hypothesis).
JayT

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

http://cryptoinvesting.net

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 07:40:52 PM

bet .01btc it's not a bubble and no 'burst' within the next 3 months.
stipulations:
1) we will call a 'burst' 20% fall from these levels.
1) any 'burst' would have to be from around these levels, now higher from here...therefore:
2) current altcoin market cap is ~$12.5 billion (per coinmarketcap.com)
4) you win if altcoin marketcap hits 10.1billion marketcap.

if you want a longer timeline lmk. but i'd rather just do mulitple bets cuz I don't wanna wait too long for my money Tongue

Wont crash, not a bubble yet. Indvidual coins might crash, but as a group...UP. I'd even be willing to bet they RISE 20% from here, hah!

that sounds like a plan. i'll pm you. if it hasn't happened by august 1st i'll pay up. if it does then i'll nominate the charity where i want your .01 to go.

Seeing as it's still going up, $22 billion marketcap now...think I'm winning this bet :p Long way down before 10.1 billion now. As I said, no bubble. Just warming up. Next year I'll be taking bets @ 200billion market cap.

Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:52:49 PM

I remember a day where BTC was king and all altcoins were lousy. They would all fail soon, and only BTC would survive. The market capitalizations of all altcoins was less than a tenth of BTC's. Times have changed! Today, the market capitalizations of all altcoins is more than 40% of BTC's.

Obviously, there is more and more money going into cryptocurrencies. BTC is still leading by far. BTC also remains the one and only crypto you can actually use to buy things, and it's the easiest to buy with a bank transfer. But it needs to get better quick. Investors now have a wide choice to put their money in, and that shows.

People always looking for a good and potential cryptocurrency for many purposes I guess, to make a faster transaction, to store their wealth but maybe the most as trading object.
I admit, we can't trivialize altcoins compare to bitcoin as it has advantages and features that bitcoin doesn't, that's why some coins began to rise and reach $100-$200.
In the end people convert back their alts into bitcoin as the most trusted and valuable coin, but it has some prolem to be fixed such as confirmation time which always increase over time simultaneously with the price.
BiggieSmallz

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:05:10 PM

Ripple alone is up by almost 50% today. It might just overtake Litecoin in marketcap. Crazy times indeed. I'm tempted to sell some of my XRP for a good profit before it comes crashing down...though there's a good chance it might continue with it's upward trend.
gluedog

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 09:30:48 PM

Ripple alone is up by almost 50% today. It might just overtake Litecoin in marketcap. Crazy times indeed. I'm tempted to sell some of my XRP for a good profit before it comes crashing down...though there's a good chance it might continue with it's upward trend.

If XRP is crazy, then Stellar is mad.

Anyway. I predict the alt-coin bubble will slow down in about 4 months, then people will be starting to mass sell their altcoins.

Billionaire Token - Are you burning to play?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: