Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:24:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best GPU's to mine ZCASH with?  (Read 54450 times)
coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:54:49 AM

At my testing experience: 1080ti, 1070, 1060 and RX 480/580 are best gpus to mine ZCASH. I think the best one is 1080ti.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:04:37 AM

At my testing experience: 1080ti, 1070, 1060 and RX 480/580 are best gpus to mine ZCASH. I think the best one is 1080ti.
The best was palit gtx1070 with samsung memory doing 490sol@125wat- but it is impossible to find now and the price diff between gtx1070 and gtx1080 is very small.
Now I think it is gtx1080FE with 510sol@120watt after prices drop for this models.
It is all after fine-tuning  

gtx1080ti is also good but expensive
BitcoinIntern

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:48:35 PM

Well under 5 cents / kwh all-up.

There's a REASON I spent most of a month last summer moving from Iowa to "The Land Of Very Very Cheap Electric" in Central Washington.

And yes, the Aorus are bloody huge 3-slot cards - been a while since folks MADE cards that huge (I have a HIS IceQ blower model HD 7870 that is ALSO 3-slot, but only the BLOWER area is that wide).

They're no worse than some of the other cards out there - at least one Zotac model and at least one MSI model are JUST as huge.

They have awesome cooling though for air-cooled.

That's a great rate. Is that residential or commercial rate?
kairo8758

Activity: 103
Merit: 100

Learn Something New

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:15:10 PM

I need to know what GPU that has less TDP but more outcome power
Is 1080ti worth the money to mine ZCASH?
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:02:06 PM

The best was palit gtx1070 with samsung memory doing 490sol@125wat- but it is impossible to find now and the price diff between gtx1070 and gtx1080 is very small.
Now I think it is gtx1080FE with 510sol@120watt after prices drop for this models.
It is all after fine-tuning  

gtx1080ti is also good but expensive

Really cus my G1 does 500+ easy. Im pretty sure if you get your hands on a good 1070 it could come close to a 1080 maybe within 5%.
Mind you electricity for me is free though but I dont want to invest a lot (wont be buying the Vega cards anytime soon).
I'd stick with 1080Ti or 1070 and forget about the 1080.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:56:42 PM

There's a REASON I spent most of a month last summer moving from Iowa to "The Land Of Very Very Cheap Electric" in Central Washington.

And yes, the Aorus are bloody huge 3-slot cards - been a while since folks MADE cards that huge (I have a HIS IceQ blower model HD 7870 that is ALSO 3-slot, but only the BLOWER area is that wide).

They're no worse than some of the other cards out there - at least one Zotac model and at least one MSI model are JUST as huge.

Small business commercial rate, but the residential rate here is almost identical.

I'm going to end up finding out soon what all of my cards are capable of - Vorshalk's recent decision to deploy a BLOODY HUGE FARM (he's one of the CureCoin developers) have ticked me off enough AND have dropped my income to the point I am no longer willing to suffer through the issues with those 2 coins any more - OR try to compete with a BOTTOMLESS WALLET DEV screwing over the rest of us that have been participating in those coins for a long time.

I don't mind competing with others for my coin - but having a DEVELOPER go out of his way to kill profitabilty by well over 10% *SO FAR AND STILL GETTING WORSE* is just not acceptable.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 03:25:25 AM

Small business commercial rate, but the residential rate here is almost identical.

I'm going to end up finding out soon what all of my cards are capable of - Vorshalk's recent decision to deploy a BLOODY HUGE FARM (he's one of the CureCoin developers) have ticked me off enough AND have dropped my income to the point I am no longer willing to suffer through the issues with those 2 coins any more - OR try to compete with a BOTTOMLESS WALLET DEV screwing over the rest of us that have been participating in those coins for a long time.

I don't mind competing with others for my coin - but having a DEVELOPER go out of his way to kill profitabilty by well over 10% *SO FAR AND STILL GETTING WORSE* is just not acceptable.

Sorry to hear that man that's really frustrating. What was his reasoning, why wouldn't he mine a diff coin and auto sell into buying his coin... I see that as a win/win for his coin

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 03:25:47 AM

I need to know what GPU that has less TDP but more outcome power
Is 1080ti worth the money to mine ZCASH?
Yes it is

tatransky

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:28:18 PM

R5E10
2x Strix 1080ti on average @ 750 Sol/s each
570W
48-49 Celsius | Gaming rigs rock :-)
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:31:19 PM

Really cus my G1 does 500+ easy. Im pretty sure if you get your hands on a good 1070 it could come close to a 1080 maybe within 5%.
Mind you electricity for me is free though but I dont want to invest a lot (wont be buying the Vega cards anytime soon).

I have never seen a 1070 that managed more than about 460 - SPECIFICALLY INCLUDING my Gigabyte G1 cards.

You apparently have one that handles a lot higher overclocks better than most do, or you're looking at the "momentary peaks" and counting those as the hashrate where I tend to look at the AVERAGE hashrate instead, or you're in a VERY COLD ambient temp with your cards - or a combination of all 3.

Even with minimal tuning and having "fairly high ambient temp cooling" limitations, most of my 1080 cards easily hit 530 and I suspect when I take the time to fine-tune them they will be able to push closer to 550 - and NONE of those are "high end" 1080 models, most are the Zotac Mini or the bottom-end Gigabyte 2-fan models which are definitely heat limited in my environment.

On the other hand, with 1070 pricing getting back down into the pre-gouge range, the 1070 is starting to look like a better option even at the system level to the 1080 in many respects - and the recent climb in 1080ti pricing isn't helping any.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 02:30:53 PM

I have never seen a 1070 that managed more than about 460 - SPECIFICALLY INCLUDING my Gigabyte G1 cards.

You apparently have one that handles a lot higher overclocks better than most do, or you're looking at the "momentary peaks" and counting those as the hashrate where I tend to look at the AVERAGE hashrate instead, or you're in a VERY COLD ambient temp with your cards - or a combination of all 3.

Even with minimal tuning and having "fairly high ambient temp cooling" limitations, most of my 1080 cards easily hit 530 and I suspect when I take the time to fine-tune them they will be able to push closer to 550 - and NONE of those are "high end" 1080 models, most are the Zotac Mini or the bottom-end Gigabyte 2-fan models which are definitely heat limited in my environment.

On the other hand, with 1070 pricing getting back down into the pre-gouge range, the 1070 is starting to look like a better option even at the system level to the 1080 in many respects - and the recent climb in 1080ti pricing isn't helping any.

Completely agree on the 1070s being the best bang for buck currently
https://goo.gl/7s7Kb6
I've ordered a couple of these well . . because I like the white xD but the zotac mini and now a couple other cards have come down as well to the 400 price which is pretty nice to see.

1080 TI are still stupid priced and it's really deterring my interest in them, looking forward to when they come back down to reality // the 1060s are a good price now as well

What are your preferred settings for getting max performance out of your cards? You probably tune them down a bit like me due to heat issues?

Also does anyone know what the ideal ambient temp is for operating GPUs?

zuzuca

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:40:31 PM

the profitability for mining zcash has gone waaay down. it is more than 1 year for a ROI if you buy a graphic card now and put it to mine. crazy times for zcash.
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 02:01:39 PM

the profitability for mining zcash has gone waaay down. it is more than 1 year for a ROI if you buy a graphic card now and put it to mine. crazy times for zcash.
it's sort of relative from a "daily $ earnings" prospective but with my farm I was getting 1 zec every 33 hours in july/august then ~40 hours then quickly 50+
I hope to see a couple new good coins arise to  be able to spread out all of the miners, for example if bitcoin gold , zencash and say hush or kmd blew up to be 50 100 150 dollar coins that would spread out a ton of hashrate + particularly useful the for nvidia miners

Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:07:15 PM

Hey value itself turns to 198 USD now. Using miner gate application and best specification graphics card in the the series Radeon or Nvidia. Zcash and Monero are the best altcoins now to mine using GPU. So I don't know how you are saying the zcash mining with the cards bro.
You only looks crazy to say it is not possible to mine using cards.
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 05:23:53 PM

Hey value itself turns to 198 USD now. Using miner gate application and best specification graphics card in the the series Radeon or Nvidia. Zcash and Monero are the best altcoins now to mine using GPU. So I don't know how you are saying the zcash mining with the cards bro.
You only looks crazy to say it is not possible to mine using cards.
i believe he means you get a fair amount less of actual zcash mined today vs even a month ago

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:50:29 PM

What are your preferred settings for getting max performance out of your cards? You probably tune them down a bit like me due to heat issues?

Depends on the rig and the card - most of them I have to turn the TDP down a little to keep them in the 70-75C range when it's cool (like this past week) and under 80 when it's hot (this summer) without going past 85% fan.
 Some I've got down as low as 70% or so, but those are mostly in rigs I've upgraded to "4 card part-riser" and need to keep power consumption down to my target 6 amp max draw for infrastructure limit reasons.

The Aorus 1080 ti models though are beasts - can run them at full TDP with 70-80% fan even when it's HOT and they stay plenty cool, as long as there is plenty of airspace in front of the fans.

Profitability has been sliding up a bit this week - seems like something is pulling a fairly large amount of network hashrate out of ZCash this week, more than making up for the minor price drop.
 Not a HUGE jump, but noticeable....

The ideal AMBIENT temp for operating GPUs is probably around freezing, but I'm not real interested in moving to northern Greenland or Siberia or that recent split-off northern Canadian province to achieve that year-round....

grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:42:23 PM

Depends on the rig and the card - most of them I have to turn the TDP down a little to keep them in the 70-75C range when it's cool (like this past week) and under 80 when it's hot (this summer) without going past 85% fan.
 Some I've got down as low as 70% or so, but those are mostly in rigs I've upgraded to "4 card part-riser" and need to keep power consumption down to my target 6 amp max draw for infrastructure limit reasons.

The Aorus 1080 ti models though are beasts - can run them at full TDP with 70-80% fan even when it's HOT and they stay plenty cool, as long as there is plenty of airspace in front of the fans.

Profitability has been sliding up a bit this week - seems like something is pulling a fairly large amount of network hashrate out of ZCash this week, more than making up for the minor price drop.

The ideal AMBIENT temp for operating GPUs is probably around freezing, but I'm not real interested in moving to northern Greenland or Siberia or that recent split-off northern Canadian province to achieve that year-round....

I have been taking note of credibility of smaller alt coins.  Maybe others are too and that's why the hash rate is being redistributed.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 12:11:40 AM

A ton of mining power has been pouring over to zen, Mona, and vert

What’s your max efficient sols / settings for that on the AORUS TI

Trade_BTC

Activity: 785
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:30:30 AM

A ton of mining power has been pouring over to zen, Mona, and vert

What’s your max efficient sols / settings for that on the AORUS TI

I hate even revealing this but Voskcoin you seem like a cool dude...the Aorus 1080 ti are the gods of 1080 ti’s. There is no better card in the nvidia lineup. I have only managed to buy 12 and they are not cheap but they easily achieve 725 sols with barely any tweaking. The downside is they are almost always on backorder or price gouging is over 800 usd. If you can catch some at 740 you got a good deal. I wish I had 200 of these in my farm I can’t say enough good about them and I’m not even a gigabyte fan until I discovered that card.
farmtester1

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:02:29 AM

I hate even revealing this but Voskcoin you seem like a cool dude...the Aorus 1080 ti are the gods of 1080 ti’s. There is no better card in the nvidia lineup. I have only managed to buy 12 and they are not cheap but they easily achieve 725 sols with barely any tweaking. The downside is they are almost always on backorder or price gouging is over 800 usd. If you can catch some at 740 you got a good deal. I wish I had 200 of these in my farm I can’t say enough good about them and I’m not even a gigabyte fan until I discovered that card.

LOL, your secret is wrong my friend. The best 1080Ti is the Galax HoF Watercooled edition, followed by the Galax HoF Air edition. They reach 820+ Sol/s
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: