Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:46:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Monthly Production of L3+ to Reach 10000 Units  (Read 1711 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:42:26 AM

THIS show why asic mining has become terrible.  only a hand full of builders and in the case of bitmain  they can flood a coin with hashing gear whenever they want to do it.

Phil - market is self-regulatory entity. I t will react on flooding with coins on market. For example, Coinbase already has it in their buying dashboard - so sort of earlier adopters. So with increase of difficulty price can go up, compensating losses for miners.

And it is basically does not matter will be market flooded with Bitmain or with 1M of personal miners with GPUs. It will affect only on the rate of market response - in case of Bitmain will be accelerated one.

I agree..for those who already have miners price going up will save our bacon....but for ordering July or later..imho bitmain on such an LTC price rise will do what it did last time
slow/stop shipment of already paid for machines (the so called firmware problem again) and thus would not get any at this point in time

the big change from years past...asic makers like knc and others would release a batch ....fill their data halls..then supposedly..(likely later still with diff rise) you could 'kinda'
count on a lag in the equipment of 2-3 months while you/they digested w/o blowing up the difficulty

bitmain just did this in the last month or so to pre-mine and try to stop seg witness..that did not work but they drove up the difficulty and pre-mined my prev equipment too boot

well bitmain is balls to the wall and that is no longer the case  on shooting out equipment asap...thus will be imho NO lag of a month or so to mine...just blamo pump to dump

2nd point mentioned above..if for some reaon on their pre-mining your paid equip 4-6 weeks the price would say of LTC double or triple...you may not get your miner till
much later...knc did this to Neptune owners in 2015 with btc equip..used pre-paid miners to fill their data halls first for 4-5 months then shipped when difficulty was high
the original paid owners of the equip ..Neptune's got maybe 1/4 back of their purchase costs

so I agree with you but I THINK THAT THIS HAS CHANGED...WITH PRE-MINE ..THEM BEING THE ONLY MNFG AND THE WAY THEY COULD DO THIS AGAIN ON AN LTC PRICE PUMP
OF 2X OR MORE

thus I'm out ...... they MAY NOT do so ....but the fact they COULD do so..along with the other risks...make July or later too risky for my taste

it was always 'flimsy' enough my bets on asic equip (been very lucky if paranoid) w/o having to worry about if I see a price pump of a coin and order equip
it will be held ....with such tricks...hard to make choices on this kinda thing if the rules are constantly changing to favor the mnfg who also mines .....too weird for me ...I'm out. Sad

Buit again, imho worse case if you got a May 5th or previous bitmain miner you probably will be fine to ROI ..it may still take 12 months if really nuts....but should be OK..

but July on .....er ....that is really pushing it imho with what we are speculating on here/suspect and have seen bitmain do in the past

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: