Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:42:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: $0.85 transaction fee is absolutely ridiculous!  (Read 24224 times)
hinatashoyou

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:58:53 PM

Actually in the btc fee is fixed but it is because the price of btc rose so its fee also increased. I see it as a boon because of the expensive bitcoin price, it's okay if the price of dollar fee goes up but do not the bitcoin fee goes up too, if so you're greedy
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EarlyBirdSpecial

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:24:00 PM

I had to pay almost $2 a few days ago. BTC still took almost 13 hours to send.  Angry
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:30:37 PM

The thread is only 17 days old and seems very false now. These days, even the $0.85 fees is taking like 5 days to get first few confirmations. Totally not worth it.

I had to pay almost $2 a few days ago. BTC still took almost 13 hours to send.  Angry

Yup, if you need confirmations within an hour, you've to pay $5+ as fee.
HITTI2

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:43:08 AM

The thread is only 17 days old and seems very false now. These days, even the $0.85 fees is taking like 5 days to get first few confirmations. Totally not worth it.

I had to pay almost $2 a few days ago. BTC still took almost 13 hours to send.  Angry

WTF? 5+ bucks? Holy shit! Has it gone up again?

Win7x64 Pro, Acer XB240H, Corsair Obsidian 750D Black,DEMCifilter Corsair Obsidian 750D Dust Filter Kit,Delidded i7-3770K OC'd@4.5GHz, F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM, MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GD5, ASUS Xonar D1, Vantec UGT-ST644R, ASRock Z75 Pro3, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU, EK-KIT L240, 2 x NF-A14-FLX Fans, 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 128GB RAID 0 32KB strip, WD Re WD1003FBYZ 1TB,2TB HGST/Hitachi (HUA723020ALA641),2 x HGST A7K3000 HUA723030ALA640 3 TB, Vertex II 60GB,Samsung SH-S223L.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:14:05 AM

I had to pay almost $2 a few days ago. BTC still took almost 13 hours to send.  Angry

WTF? 5+ bucks? Holy shit! Has it gone up again?

Yup! That's how it goes now...

If you pay less than that, then be ready to wait for 1-5 days.
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:28:54 AM

I am already used to paying $1+ for my BTC transfers to have them confirmed in a few minutes, worth it I'd say

Worth it if you send a quite huge amount but when you do have a small time process then it could really hit your balls really hard. As a small time earner it is really disturbing for s as we consider $1 a goof amount already
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:50:39 AM

Am I the only one realizing that ~$1 fee to make a transaction is absolutely insane and defeats one of the core benefits of using bitcoin for daily transactions.

This is getting insane and is completely uncalled for, or am I wrong?
You are not wrong, and i absolutely agree with you. It is insane, i mean alike you said, imagine people who use bitcoin daily, it must be hell for them. And the worst part is that, even if you pay that much you will still have problem of transferring. Few days ago i wanted to buy something, and i payed fee of 0.75 dollars or something like that, and it took more than two days for payment to be transferred... I hope they will deal with that, and soon i hope.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:57:36 AM

It's getting rediculous indeed. Exchanges are also making a lot of money from the high feees at the moment.

Payed 10k satoshi to polo to withdraw btc and they simply poool 30 transacations (300k in fees) and only use 80k satoshi to send it. Nice bonus for them.
illaslli

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 12:00:29 PM

Miners are getting richer by the day, that means no incentive to fix anything. Its not broken for them.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 12:48:23 PM

Miners are getting richer by the day, that means no incentive to fix anything. Its not broken for them.
Yes that is right, but i am not sure what would they think when people stop using there services. People like to earn money and that is main reason why people are dealing with bitcoin. If fee go even more up, people will start to using bitcoin less and less, and that will bring fee down or bitcoin. Something will need to be done in the future about that.
Seville

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 12:52:14 PM

Western Union charges 10$ per TX.. so 50c fees is a bargain  Grin
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:13:17 PM

Yes that is right, but i am not sure what would they think when people stop using there services. People like to earn money and that is main reason why people are dealing with bitcoin. If fee go even more up, people will start to using bitcoin less and less, and that will bring fee down or bitcoin. Something will need to be done in the future about that.

Fee go up.
Less people use bitcoin.
Fee go down.
More people use bitcoin.
Fee go up.
Less people use bitcoin.
Fee go up some more.
Japanese use bitcoin.
Korean use bitcoin.

Bitcoin go up.

matrix zion

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:16:57 PM

What's funny with this thread is that fees of less than 1$ now would be cheap xD

I'm paying around 4$ now.
This is really troublesome, that's tiring.
I can't really handle 4$ for every transactions xD
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:39:56 PM

What's funny with this thread is that fees of less than 1$ now would be cheap xD

I'm paying around 4$ now.
This is really troublesome, that's tiring.
I can't really handle 4$ for every transactions xD

Yup, that's what I said in my last post here.

Within the last 2 weeks, a lot, a lot has changed.
justingmorlang

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:52:52 PM

That is why the altcoins are booming, because they improve bitcoin deficiencies.That is why altcoins are booming, because they improve the shortcomings of bitcoin.q,That is why the altcoins are booming, because they improve the lack of bitcoin
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:36:05 PM

Am I the only one realizing that ~$1 fee to make a transaction is absolutely insane and defeats one of the core benefits of using bitcoin for daily transactions.

This is getting insane and is completely uncalled for, or am I wrong?
I think the fees is not limited in the limit of 0.5$ to 1$ , here I found that the transaction fee needed to about 2$ ( according to the current price of the Bitcoin ) which is really high if we compare in the last two.weeks , because here with the transaction charge of 200+sat/byte is not much sufficient to confirm the transaction  , Here in the normal condition we need to pay atleast 250sat/byte ( which will depend upon the numbers of the input and output of the amount of the Bitcoin that you want transfer ) .
And I think we should not go to back here to pay the high fee , because the high fee making the miners network and community strong by economically  and that will be results into the  improvement in the technology of the Bitcoin indirectly .
Well then we should support the fee increase if it is going to be good for the end user. The main feature of the Bitcoin for which most of the people love and adopt it is the faster transaction and lower fee. So, if the transactions are not faster anymore it will be discouraging situation for the users. If a little increase can give good results I appreciate.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:48:37 PM

Since you all seem so worried about spending money for transferring small amounts I have this for you:

PayPal Money Cash Transfer - cost $0

You do not need the person’s, name, account number, or routing number.  All you need is a person’s email address.  However, to transfer to a person using PayPal they must also be a registered and active PayPal user.  All personal transfers (not for goods and services) are free.  The following are free services: register for an account, add money from your bank, send, receive, and request money.  You can also electronically transfer funds from your bank account.  You will pay a fee only if the transfer is for goods and services.

Transfer Funds Using ING DIRECT People to People Money Payment - cost $0

ING Direct Electric Orange Bank Account is amazing.  The P2P (People to People) money transfer feature is one such advantage.  If you are an Electric Orange account holder you can electronically transfer funds to any person who has any US bank account. You can even schedule a transfer on a future date up to 364 days in advance.  After opening an account at ING Direct, all you will need is the name, account number, and routing number. If someone is hesitant to give you that information kindly remind them that those numbers are printed on every check they write.

Bluebird by American Express - cost $0

Bluebird is very similar to PayPal, but offers some attractive benefits. First, and formost there is a way to fund your account with credit cards by buying Vanilla Reload credit cards.  This is a huge benefit because if you buy the cards ($3.95) from Office Depot you can get 5 Ultimate Rewards points per dollar with an Ink Bold credit card. Bluebird allows you to send money electronically to friends and even to send them checks (without a fee).  If you want to maximize credit card rewards then sending money via Bluebird is definitely the way to go.

Here are more free ways to send money but you will need to research them yourself (I can't do everything for you lazy bitches):

Google Wallet

Square Cash

Chase QuickPay

Venmo

Popmoney

Amazon Payments

Last but not least, the one every bitcoiner loves to hate:

Circle let's you send money to anyone, worldwide, without a fee and they get the money in minutes. I use Circle to send money to my daughter at college behind a clickable image in a text and she gets it almost immediately, no confirmation time delay, and No Cost To Send. Anyone that badmouths Circle and says bitcoin is better has never used Circle.

mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:58:33 PM

Since you all seem so worried about spending money for transferring small amounts I have this for you:

You do not need the person’s, name, account number, or routing number.  All you need is a person’s email address.  However, to transfer to a person using PayPal they must also be a registered and active PayPal user.  All personal transfers (not for goods and services) are free.  The following are free services: register for an account, add money from your bank, send, receive, and request money.  You can also electronically transfer funds from your bank account.  You will pay a fee only if the transfer is for goods and services.

ING Direct Electric Orange Bank Account is amazing.  The P2P (People to People) money transfer feature is one such advantage.  If you are an Electric Orange account holder you can electronically transfer funds to any person who has any US bank account. You can even schedule a transfer on a future date up to 364 days in advance.  After opening an account at ING Direct, all you will need is the name, account number, and routing number. If someone is hesitant to give you that information kindly remind them that those numbers are printed on every check they write.

Bluebird is very similar to PayPal, but offers some attractive benefits. First, and formost there is a way to fund your account with credit cards by buying Vanilla Reload credit cards.  This is a huge benefit because if you buy the cards ($3.95) from Office Depot you can get 5 Ultimate Rewards points per dollar with an Ink Bold credit card. Bluebird allows you to send money electronically to friends and even to send them checks (without a fee).  If you want to maximize credit card rewards then sending money via Bluebird is definitely the way to go.

Here are more free ways to send money but you will need to research them yourself (I can't do everything for you lazy bitches):

Google Wallet

Square Cash

Chase QuickPay

Venmo

Popmoney

Amazon Payments

Circle let's you send money to anyone, worldwide, without a fee and they get the money in minutes. I use Circle to send money to my daughter at college behind a clickable image in a text and she gets it almost immediately, no confirmation time delay, and No Cost To Send. Anyone that badmouths Circle and says bitcoin is better has never used Circle.

i cannot add more. great post !

yes, i make free bank transfers for free and they are instant. ING bank has this feature and many others.  Also, the money are in safe; not afraid of a shit hacker/craker. also, the withdrawals are free or charge.

if you make a SEPA transfer it can reach to the receiver faster than a BTC transaction   Grin
kimmy724

Activity: 143
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:01:14 PM

Well bitcoin has risen tremendously, it is but in ratio that this is appropriate. It is way under the percentage of common service charge .

CoinTasker (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 01:20:43 AM

Google Wallet

Square Cash

Chase QuickPay

Venmo

Popmoney

Amazon Payments

These are all great, and I do use some of these services....but it's besides the point. I would still like to have the opportunity to send and receive smaller transactions, and I don't understand why that is unreasonable to expect. I receive advertising revenue in bitcoin and the fees make it so I have to earn a much more significant amount before withdrawing now. I also pay my members in bitcoin and now I either have to pass down the fees to them or force them to utilize transactions off the blockchain. Pretending like it's not a problem affecting the bitcoin community and overall usability of bitcoin only serves to allow devs to ignore it until it gets so ridiculous even you are fed up with it. Why not admit it's a problem and make it known that the issue should be addressed BEFORE it actually starts to drive YOU crazy? I will never understand why people refuse to acknowledge a problem until it directly affects them. Why not have a little foresight and at least acknowledge an issue before it directly affects you? Or you know, just call everyone else crazy and shove a bunch of other payment services in their face they are already aware of. And yes, I am aware you didn't directly call people who want lower transaction fees for smaller transactions crazy but your post is a bit condescending nonetheless. You also ignore the fact that there are millions of people who do not have these alternative services available to them and a small amount of bitcoin is a huge deal to them, yet it is essentially unusable for those people at this point. But fuck them, right?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: