Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:19:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL ARAGON (ANT) CROWDSALE AND PROJECT THREAD  (Read 12816 times)
lowbander80 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:28:06 PM

I think Aragon the only company that keeps its token holders up to date on whats happening in the project,most others seem to go dark after the crowdfund

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:30:59 PM

The email from Jorge Izquierdo offering 1000 ANT for free is a scam, right?
lowbander80 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:47:09 PM

Yes all these emails are scams,do not open them or fill in your private key or you will lose everything in your wallet
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:51:08 AM

I think Aragon the only company that keeps its token holders up to date on whats happening in the project,most others seem to go dark after the crowdfund

I am extremely supportive of this project -and heavily (for me) invested in it, but 2 1/2 months have passed since the ICO and no news of any significance regarding the progress of the project or any hirings. Luis and Jorge have going dark, deeply. Maybe they are still counting all those million$ they made in the ICO and are taking it way to easy... I know it's the summer and all but we have paid them, in advance, very dearly. They should be producing news of significance if not daily, at least every week. It isn't like they don't have resources now.

In cryptoland 2 1/2 months is almost an eternity.

Disappointed.
CygnusX

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:41:47 PM

Aragon is by far one of the best cryptocurrencies when it comes to information. Any questions is answered promptly on their Slack channel and their blog is very much alive.

Among recent news is the Q2 development update and hiring of a senior full stack web3 engineer.
https://blog.aragon.one
rubiprojects

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:26:40 AM

Hope we can make huge money from Aragon, any ETA of the next releases? ANT to da moon!
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:41:47 PM

Aragon is by far one of the best cryptocurrencies when it comes to information. Any questions is answered promptly on their Slack channel and their blog is very much alive.

Among recent news is the Q2 development update and hiring of a senior full stack web3 engineer.
https://blog.aragon.one

Sorry but not nearly good enough. After the multimillion dollars infusion this should be much, much more aggressively coming out with real updates... in the form of CODE. In the form or alliances. In the form of ADVANCING the calendar. In the form of hiring.... you know MOVING forward, really moving forward. No one is sitting and waiting on the beach, like Luis and Jorge are doing now, in crypto. Aragon is not unique in any way and Microsoft -of all organizations-, for instance, is eating already its future lunch. With many other well funded competitors going at it at strenuous pace.

Like I said: Disappointed.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:01:10 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2017, 10:40:31 PM by barabbas

good:  https://blog.aragon.one/token-buyback-transparency-report-dc89ca2935b

karates

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:24:49 PM

I have taken a look in this project. Did some reading. And I still don't understand what can be done with ANT tokens? Apart from p&d actions, what would effect its pricing?

I see on this blogpost, that the company bought back some of the tokens to distribute on actions like bug bounties, or paying some freelance employees. But those are not the main business of the company, rather means to their business. What I'm currious about is how would this company's vision/business success or failure will effect the tokens?

Btw, from where I stand, I don't think there is a chance that founders would just take away the ico funds and dissappear. They are and apparently will be working on this project, but as I said, I don't understand the needs for tokens (apart from dev funding) in this scenario. It could have made sense if the tokens somehow reflect some amount of company shares but they have stated that it's not the case.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:49:23 AM

I have taken a look in this project. Did some reading. And I still don't understand what can be done with ANT tokens? Apart from p&d actions, what would effect its pricing?

I see on this blogpost, that the company bought back some of the tokens to distribute on actions like bug bounties, or paying some freelance employees. But those are not the main business of the company, rather means to their business. What I'm currious about is how would this company's vision/business success or failure will effect the tokens?

Btw, from where I stand, I don't think there is a chance that founders would just take away the ico funds and dissappear. They are and apparently will be working on this project, but as I said, I don't understand the needs for tokens (apart from dev funding) in this scenario. It could have made sense if the tokens somehow reflect some amount of company shares but they have stated that it's not the case.

ANT -like ETHER to Ethereum- is just a token with a given value determined by the market. When Aragon is implemented, those tokens will buy a number of things (read extensively about it in the white paper) and will be minted through the provision of a number of services and uses, via fees, much like proof of stake but different. It's future price will be determined, like now, by the market and their rate of inflation by the stakeholders of the coin.

If you believe in this project AND are willing to wait quite a bit of time, purchasing ANT now could be a great investment, but it is pure speculation -like every other coin with the possible exception of Dash, if you have a node-. Current price is quite steep (my opinion) considering all the circumstances and how long in the horizon is a reality of great usage of the Aragon Network AND some of it's key features (the Arbitration one is particularly complex and potentially quite manipulable). But these are times in which development of these things take a bit of time but implementation is usually pretty fast because, obviously, the first to use the applications are the organizations within the proper crypto world itself (think Ethereum, again), so neither of these projects needs to be implemented by a big brick and mortar organization -that seems to be in a very, very distant future and with a big IF in front of it- and can literally thrive on self-propagation of crypto projects. Specifically Aragon can become part of a chain (on top of the Ethereum blockchain) that includes other DAOs -potentially many of them- that will bring added features in a never ending (potentially) decentralized organizational and operational network for all kinds or organizations. You will notice I included a couple of times the word "potential".... in the foreseeable future though, you can look at Aragon as an improvement on the Ethereum smart contracts (allowing distribution of dividends, for instance, which Ethereum doesn't provide), among several other uses such as voting and arbitration (again, this one very far from proven effectively as of now).

I don't know if your interest is in sticking around for a while in Aragon to see what it can really do and what his worth ultimately be, or if you are thinking in investing in it for pure speculative purposes. If the later is the case, I believe there are many other projects that will probably have closer catalysts than Aragon. This one has a long and very winding road ahead before it reaches even a minimal part of what it is set to achieve.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:12:49 AM

What's this that I read, Luis and Jorge are selling more ANT? A second-round ICO?

To think that once I believed in this project -and in Luis and Jorge- enough to actually invest on it? Just another money-grab scheme, I'm afraid, just that. Wow.
oregondreams

Activity: 191
Merit: 51

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:18:54 PM

Where can find roadmap or how to monitor the development?
cott

Activity: 155
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:01:13 PM

Where can find roadmap or how to monitor the development?

that is the question, nobody knows.
cendana287

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 10:14:39 AM

What's this that I read, Luis and Jorge are selling more ANT? A second-round ICO?

To think that once I believed in this project -and in Luis and Jorge- enough to actually invest on it? Just another money-grab scheme, I'm afraid, just that. Wow.

I was just thinking about putting in some money on Aragon. After reading some comments here, I've become hesitant. Can't simply ignore the comments and opinions of others who have been around and with more mileage. Like a rating score of 1,000-plus.

The official website and documentation here sure are inspiring though...
Luis Cuende

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:06:02 AM

Hi, Luis is here  Smiley

As a Projet Lead i would like to thank you for support!

Our ambition is for Aragon to be the backbone of a new generation of companies that will thrive in the new decentralized economy. We have focused on building a modular system, in the frontend and in the smart contracts, so modified versions for specific company types/industries could be build (pe. Aragon for Hedgefunds, Aragon for Non-Profits or Aragon for Open Source projects).
And finally we close to our target

As you can mention on the 5th of October we have launched AragonOS. And it had given us the great opportunity for cooperation with new projects.

https://blog.aragon.one/introducing-aragonos-say-hi-to-modular-and-extendable-organizations-8555af1076f3
https://twitter.com/AragonProject/status/915979419553996800

So finally we are close to our main target, big news and updates are coming to our Aragon Platform next week.
Follow us on twitter, so you won't miss any news!**

#AragonProject #ANT
bagsk

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

Cryptofan!

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 01:30:03 PM

What kind of news, can you give a hint?
Very interesting is the further development of your project!

August1

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:33:55 PM

Hi, Luis is here  Smiley

As a Projet Lead i would like to thank you for support!

How to confirm that you really are Luis Cuende? Please post with a PGP key of yours or link to this post from an official blog post
Please excuse me for being careful but this is crypto land Smiley
Shemyazael

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:36:40 PM

Please excuse me for being careful but this is crypto land Smiley

Great comment +1000
jp8219

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:17:22 PM

Hello Luis,
I was just about to purchase ANT today but am concerned about the massive increase in volume without any price change. Are additional coins in circulation being added?
tuchkov

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:51:57 AM

Hello Luis,
I was just about to purchase ANT today but am concerned about the massive increase in volume without any price change. Are additional coins in circulation being added?

The trading volume does not display the number of coins. The increase in volume is due to the interests of sellers and buyers, and not to the issuance of new coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: