Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:21:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem With bitcoin core  (Read 616 times)
realestone (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:29:00 AM

so it took me a few days to finally finish downloading the chain with bitcoin core when it was done i added my old wallet it rescanned then after maybe an hour it gave an error then the pogram crashed now whenever i open bitcoin core it says rescanning which takes over an hour then it crashes again after it opens randomly here is the debug.log file hopefully someone can help me i have an i3 cpu with 8 gigs of memory and its being saved on a sata drive not an SSD

https://pastebin.com/M0d3bHHq

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
realestone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:30:59 AM

oh im using windows 10 using the latest version of bitcoin core i3 cpu with 8 gigs ram
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 03:53:53 AM

It looks like the wallet.dat file Bitcoin Core is using got corrupted. Replace that with a backup of your wallet file but don't rescan, just let it load normally. It shouldn't need to rescan.

realestone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:28:02 AM

It looks like the wallet.dat file Bitcoin Core is using got corrupted. Replace that with a backup of your wallet file but don't rescan, just let it load normally. It shouldn't need to rescan.

i never set a rescan it just does it automatically when i open it i will try replacing the wallet.dat file and see if that fixes the issue

http://imgur.com/a/Q9pAt
Casy

Activity: 149
Merit: 22

🔴🔵 FoxMixer.com 🔵🔴

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 10:46:02 AM

so it took me a few days to finally finish downloading the chain with bitcoin core when it was done i added my old wallet it rescanned then after maybe an hour it gave an error then the pogram crashed now whenever i open bitcoin core it says rescanning which takes over an hour then it crashes again after it opens randomly here is the debug.log file hopefully someone can help me i have an i3 cpu with 8 gigs of memory and its being saved on a sata drive not an SSD

https://pastebin.com/M0d3bHHq

Do you have your wallet.dat on your internal disk? If not, that may also be a reason. For example, I had it on a NAS once and faced the same error. Just make sure your wallet is located on an NTFS file system.

realestone (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:08:53 PM

it was the wallet.dat file its corrupted thanks for the help
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: