Bitcoin Forum
October 19, 2018, 12:38:24 PM *
News: Make sure you are not using versions of Bitcoin Core other than 0.17.0 [Torrent], 0.16.3, 0.15.2, or 0.14.3. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: What month 2017 will bitcoin price increase by eight times, just like November 2013?
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December
No such month in 2017

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin hype  (Read 4372 times)
ifinta

Activity: 315
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:55:35 AM

Just to know it Smiley

1FiNTaXmmHDasJUhgkSo5U79uuQN7c5pB5

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
ifinta

Activity: 315
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 06:32:11 AM

Just post reasons also... i.e.:

In July because of http://www.rsk.co/

1FiNTaXmmHDasJUhgkSo5U79uuQN7c5pB5
freebutcaged

Activity: 546
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 07:09:34 AM

You are crazy and gone insane, why should the price increase 8 folds? there is no 2013 hype as you might think just a bit more demand than usual.
Bitcoin is unlike all these alt coins you see with huge pumps in their prices, just go to a big city and visit 50 super markets and see if any of them knows anything about alt coins, and see how many of them not only knows about Bitcoin but even accept it as currency.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 07:19:44 AM

i will have to go with No such month in 2017 because if we had such information at hand whales could simply wait for that month
to come and dump their hold then buy cheap again which could destroy bitcoin in the process.

But we should expect prices to climb as always around December-January because of the festive events, not 8 folds though Tongue
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 07:25:34 AM

At 8 times? No, I don't think that's even possible anymore. Bitcoin is not yet well adopted but it is already known to the world and all major players that could affect it. Right now, the prices area already high. So, I think even if it doubles the current users it won't really go up as high as x8. Well, I could be wrong.

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
audaciousbeing

Activity: 770
Merit: 554

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:12:21 AM

Relying on the past will be a wrong move for the future because the factors and circumstances as at then have changed which we cannot get again. So, expecting the same result in different circumstances will be a journey in my own opinion of futile exercise. 2017 has witnessed quite remarkable growth but not to the 8th folds and I don't expect it to happen that way because if it does, then I want to also be careful but a gradual increase is well appreciated.
Kemarit
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1082

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:27:32 AM

If you think this is bubble, it is not. This is unlike 2013 when the price increase rapidly. The price of bitcoin is slowly rising today, as compared to the bubble before. Mainly reason for this slow rise in of course Japan embracing bitcoin.  Japan has now the dominant force behind bitcoin, its trading volume is now up 50% followed by US and Canada. So no 8th fold increase by rather "slowly but surely" gains in months. We would rather have this than a bubble that is waiting to be burst by big entities working behind. So I must say that No such month in 2017.

Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:37:32 AM

An 8-fold price increase is extremely unlikely in ANY given month in the future.
What you saw in 2013 will never happen again, because everything is different in 2017. There's much higher volume and market cap. There's also the scaling debate.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:57:38 PM

I cannot really say that Bitcoin is just a hype because it has a strong community and has in fact been accepted as a form of payment in some jurisdictions. That, to me, proves its success story in that its existence has already been recognized internationally. To buttress such fact, it is common knowledge that the government of some countries already created regulations on how to deal with this currency/commodity. Bitcoins have indeed penetrated the market, and are considered a mechanism to legitimately attack the flawed banking industry.
Xester

Activity: 980
Merit: 543

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:09:46 PM

i will have to go with No such month in 2017 because if we had such information at had whales could simply wait for that month
to come and dump their hold then buy cheap again which could destroy bitcoin in the process.

But we should expect prices to climb as always around December-January because of the festive events, not 8 folds though Tongue

The months of December going to January is really a crucial date wherein the price of bitcoin spikes the most. But this year 2017 the price hike for bitcoin is from January to December and as of this moment the value of bitcoin is already at 1500$ an we expect that by July bitcoin could hit its highest price at 2000$. But lets expect more since 2017 is  a valuable time for bitcoin.

Idrisu

Activity: 714
Merit: 259

“Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockch

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:23:27 PM

For many of us here, bitcoin is a blessing and not something you should relate it to hype as me as a person detest hype. You cannot compared what is happening now to bitcoin price upwards movement to hype, pump and drop or those things that happened mostly in altcoins. The price break major resistance level early this year and that is why with many media propaganda like what you post here bitcoin keep increasing both in price and volume.

TicTacTic

Activity: 259

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 02:34:27 PM

For many of us here, bitcoin is a blessing and not something you should relate it to hype as me as a person detest hype. You cannot compared what is happening now to bitcoin price upwards movement to hype, pump and drop or those things that happened mostly in altcoins. The price break major resistance level early this year and that is why with many media propaganda like what you post here bitcoin keep increasing both in price and volume.

For me, bitcoin is also a great tool for multiplying my capital. Who can use it - he does not hysteria. But earns money. And who can not use, he makes trouble and doubt.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 02:53:49 PM

Just post reasons also... i.e.:

In July because of http://www.rsk.co/

Great share about the project, I never knew it till today that you mentioned it. I would, however, say that it is not enough to x8 it. The prices are already high now and I don't think it can multiply by that much. The market will likely dictate the price and if users see this as an opportunity to sell then prices will just normalize in some level, creating an equilibrium at higher price ranges but not really at x8.
darthmaul

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:30:27 PM

Wow I am pretty shocked that you many peoples have voted no such month. I guess people are not trusting bitcoin this year a lot. But just checkout the few months back from now and you will see the amazing growth of bitcoins value. Everybody of us has seen how bitcoin took leap in 2013 and also 2015. This growth will always happen at any cost and also remember the main reason for this its increasing popularity and implementation at different social services as well as corporate levels. These companies will make sure bitcoin holds in the market right at the spot. This is because they have already invested and investing a lot of money on bitcoin. Hm, Im thinking it will catch up the 8 times prices pretty soon. Wink

▄▓▓▓▄  ▓▓   ▓▓   ▓▓▌ ▓▓▌  ▄▓▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▓▓▄▄       ▓▓▓     ▓▓    ▐▓▓▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▌ ▀▀▀ ▓▓▓ ▐▓▓▓ ▐▓▓  ▓▓▌ ▓▓▓ ▀▀▀ ▓▓▓ ▀▀▀      ▐▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▀ ▀▓▓ ▓▓▓ ▀▀▀
     ▀▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓ ▓▓▐▓ ▓▓▌  ▓▓▌  ▀▓▓▓▄▄  ▀▓▓▓▄▄     ▐▓▓ ▓▓▌   ▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▄▄▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▄▄
     ▄▄  ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓▌ ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▌ ▄▄▄ ▐▓▓ ▄▄▄ ▐▓▓     ▓▓▌  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▀▀▀   ▄▄▄ ▐▓▓
     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▌   ▓▓▌ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▀    ▓▓▓   ▐▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▌▐▓▓      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▀
▬ MINING & ENERGY ▬

..The Smart Mining Company..
Get a piece of COLD 6 220 238 SAM

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄    ▄
     ██▄            ▄████████████▀
     █████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
      █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
     █▄█████████████████████████▌
     ▀██████████████████████████
       ▀███████████████████████
       ▐██████████████████████
         ▀██████████████████▀
           ▄▄█████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ▄███▌▄
              ▄▄██████████▄
             ██████▀ ▀▀█████▄
            ██████      █████▌
           ▄██████▄    ███████▄
           ▀██████████████████▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ▐▌    ▄▄    ▄▄    █
            █    ▀          ▄▀
             ▀█           ▄█
               █    ▄▄    ▀
                ▀▄      ▄▀
             ███▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▌
       ▄██▌  ███████▄▄██████▌  ▐█▄▄
      ████▌  █████▀▀  ▀█████▌  ▐████
     █████▌  ██████ ▀▀ ▐████▌  ▐█████
    ██████▌  ██████ ▐▀  ████▌  ▐█████▌
    ▀█████▌  █████▄▄  ▄█████▌  ▐█████▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bouren

Activity: 308

Hero Token - Future of Banking in Southeast Asia

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:39:37 PM

Do you want to see increase in btc prices or wanna see it doing circus by jumping 8 times.  Undecided
This year is pretty well for bitcoin till now and their has been constant rise in price right from January. I will be happy to see similar constant trend till the end of the year rather than an insane jump by 8 times because if there would be any such jump, it will be due to some unexpected short-term reason better known as abnormal gain. And under such situation btc will sooner or later fall by similar pace as it did in 2014 making it a hollow investment scheme.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 644
Merit: 251

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:55:17 PM

This time it's different from the bubble from 2013, that time the price increase so much that the bubble pop and it crash. This time it's an actual growth from bitcoin with a little bit speculation as a spice. We won't go up 8 fold again, this time will be a more steady approach with more countries started to embrace bitcoin.

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:10:00 PM

Just to know it Smiley
Not happening. At all. Probably ever again. Certainly not in 2017.

Believing any sort of 8x meme for an increase in value from $1500 to $12000 is foolish to anyone who is actually grounded in reality or can observe the market and see what it is worth.

This feels more like a shitpost thread than anything since it doesn't build anything of value and will get the same repetitive answers, but whatever.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:46:02 PM

I will be happy if bitcoin even reach 2000$ this year but if it gets x8 within this year, that would be crazy. The price is not 10$ that it can easily pump to x8 or x10.if anything, most likely there will be a dump on june, then pump on early november and another pump on december and january. Atleast that is based on my experience, but not always right though.

.CYBR.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..• ᠆᠆᠆᠆᠆᠆  Cyber Security Solution for Blockchain  ᠆᠆᠆᠆᠆᠆ •..
- BitcointalkWebsiteWhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramReddit -
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
..TGE Starts
..15 OCT 2018..
██████
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
██████
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

DateCoin - The HOTTEST ICO

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:07:08 PM

You are crazy and gone insane, why should the price increase 8 folds? there is no 2013 hype as you might think just a bit more demand than usual.
Bitcoin is unlike all these alt coins you see with huge pumps in their prices, just go to a big city and visit 50 super markets and see if any of them knows anything about alt coins, and see how many of them not only knows about Bitcoin but even accept it as currency.

Well I would disagree with you on your second sentence. Personally I think that there was no 2013 hype UP UNTIL about 2 days ago when the price jumped from $1400 to $1600+, which I consider really abnormal. Before this the price was going up by $30-$60 per day max, and I was comfortable with that growth since it is sustainable and bitcoin does have a small market cap compared to shares etc.

But I agree fully with your second argument, bitcoin does have a lot more publicity as well as users than altcoins which are usually 100% hype. I'd say right now, bitcoin is 70% pure growth and 30% hype. Altcoins listed on yobit are definitely pure hype.

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:21:01 PM

When that previous rally occurred, the bitcoin price was lower and it was easier to move the price with more volatility. I don't think the current bitcoin conditions could allow a similar behavior these days.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.