Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:18:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fakenews:In which country publishing rumors that are later proven false a crime?  (Read 265 times)
Masha Sha (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:58:41 AM

I think it's part of free speech! Rumors or even what appears to be fact can later be proven wrong (or both, where is the cat?). At the end of the day credibility of the source will be affected. So why the need to criminalize "fake news"? And which country do?

I asked because reading some reports on #macaronileaks it said that french press could be prosecuted if publishing fake news... and as macaroni says that there are fake inserted documents in the data release, it is resulting in censorship.

Another example he said it was FAKE News under Oath:

Or like they said: no smoke without....

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 02:40:51 PM

IMHO there really should be a penalty for spreading false news. It shouldn't just apply to mainstream media but also to "alternative news" sites and blogs that's becoming more prolific by the day. It's an open secret that politician's social media team hire these people to color public opinion. Their site creators makes blogs spreading fake news on a wide scale of topic, from ruining opponents reputations to claiming certain good deeds by the politician.

Their trolls, as expected, do stuff like post litanies on comments, gang up on people that criticize the politician, as well as harass people. In my country several journalists page has been shut down by FB because of coordinated reporting by trolls.

If mainstream media is to be held accountable to the news they publish, so should these "alternative news" sites.
Masha Sha (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 08:27:46 PM

IMHO there really should be a penalty for spreading false news. It shouldn't just apply to mainstream media but also to "alternative news" sites and blogs that's becoming more prolific by the day. It's an open secret that politician's social media team hire these people to color public opinion. Their site creators makes blogs spreading fake news on a wide scale of topic, from ruining opponents reputations to claiming certain good deeds by the politician.

Their trolls, as expected, do stuff like post litanies on comments, gang up on people that criticize the politician, as well as harass people. In my country several journalists page has been shut down by FB because of coordinated reporting by trolls.

If mainstream media is to be held accountable to the news they publish, so should these "alternative news" sites.

So you support censorship? One of the core value of the american republic (and military empire)? How do you know if a news is fake? For example when clinton said, no no no.

I think that the path of freedom of speech is way more interesting for a society. It opens debates and a tolerance for others belief, a feeling of verbal counterstrikes, leads to great fun, and make the individuals more resiliant toward propaganda.

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 10:53:03 PM

It seems to me that if fake news is causing damage to the reputation of politics or the economy that those who posts comments intended to compensate the damages and to publish a refutation, but it applies only to those who first posted the fake. Usually all refer to the source and it is not difficult to trace.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: