Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:52:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS - Asynchronous Smart Contract Platform - (Dan Larimer of Bitshares/Steem)  (Read 189600 times)
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:22:19 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2017, 04:04:06 AM by Hyperme.sh

No, I have to add this
"...suddenly I am censored." prove it or f@ck off.

Clever. You want me to prove I was banned before, so I will banned again. Kudos.

Neutral setting is easy to arrange, if you cut out the crap.

Vitalik also refused to signup a Steemit account or make his comments about DPoS in Dan’s controlled systems.

Maybe some of the sheep here will wake up though, so I doubt y’all have the balls to accept a neutral setting debate.

Please do not waste any more of my time. I already told you I would accept a debate in a neutral setting. There is nothing more to discuss until that happens.

I have very high expectations for this project. Dan delivers. People were shocked when they read that token purchase agreement

You’ve have just added evidence that the obfuscations in the token sale agreement are useless.

Clearly all of you are basing your investment expectations on the ongoing efforts of Dan.

That makes it an investment contract, regardless of the obfuscating words they wrote in the terms of the sale. The authorities look past the obfuscations to the economic reality of the investors.

Generally in contract law notwithstanding other factors, the economic reality and actual intent is what wins in a court of law. My father is a contract lawyer and he taught me that in 2001.

Also contracts that are gibberish or one-sided, are void. Thus all that one-sided gibberish in the token sale agreement is going to be laughed at by a judge. Seems to me that Dan has a “legal team” that does not even know the basics of contract law.

Disclaimer: same as what I wrote before.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
key_z

Activity: 75

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

a sophisticated scammer like Dan

I didn't know that you would go this far, sladering your superior doesn't earn you any credibility points. It's nice to know though that a combination of jealously and ego motivates your FUD/nonsense campaing.  

Now that you told me your opinion about Dan and we are in the name calling process, let me tell you mine about you, an intelligent fool you are, nothing more.

chryspano, if you would like to have video or Slack debate about DPoS, let’s do it! Stop hiding behind personal attacks please.

Cut the crap and go find Dan at the eos telegram, he is often there answering questions.

Please don't.  Grin

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:41:30 PM

The price will continue to fall because of inflation. I dont' think many of you are seasoned with investing. Its based on the law of supply and demand. They are pumping the ico out for a year until it reaches a billion coins. The price has a lot further to fall then this. Its only around 400m coins right now. Best time to buy is around may or june with the ico finally ends and they stop pumping coins into the market.

It seems that lots of people are expresing similar opinions, it would be intresting to watch what will happen to the price when all those folks start buying all at once when the price is "lower" 

that is why I am biuyng now becouse usualy mayority is mistaken. I don't want be without EOS. At prices <1$ is for me buying zone.
EOS only one ICO that have FAIR distribution guys where ALL who want can join on NOT pumped to heaven price.
One year is good time to buy in.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:44:27 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 11:56:18 PM by chryspano

Hyperme.sh You must have some very serious isues! You tried to front run your post at the start of the new page and when you failed, you deleted and "reserved" your original post in the previous page and then copy pasted that post again here to "front run" me? You play dirty you litle FUDster! You play really dirty!

I have you quoted at 10:54 and then you "front run" at 11:22 again with the post of the previous page! LOL It's so pathetic!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

This has become a habit of you! It's not the first time you did this though! I still remember  months or perhaps it was a year ago when you did the same.

You are so.....  I can't find the words...  Shocked Shocked Shocked

But what should someone expect from a little FUDster like yourself?  Undecided

chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:54:57 PM

The price will continue to fall because of inflation. I dont' think many of you are seasoned with investing. Its based on the law of supply and demand. They are pumping the ico out for a year until it reaches a billion coins. The price has a lot further to fall then this. Its only around 400m coins right now. Best time to buy is around may or june with the ico finally ends and they stop pumping coins into the market.

It seems that lots of people are expresing similar opinions, it would be intresting to watch what will happen to the price when all those folks start buying all at once when the price is "lower" 

that is why I am biuyng now becouse usualy mayority is mistaken. I don't want be without EOS. At prices <1$ is for me buying zone.
EOS only one ICO that have FAIR distribution guys where ALL who want can join on NOT pumped to heaven price.

Me too here, ofcourse there is always the chance we won't get the best possible price but personally I don't care too much, in a way it will feel like buying overpriced bitcoins at a +30% premium when the price was $12.

Best bet for those who have the patience would be to buy daily or weekly to get an average price and not worry too much.
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:00:42 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2017, 01:29:02 AM by Hyperme.sh

Carry on folks with your normal activity. Truth has left the building.

Please don't.  Grin

No worries mate, I already wrote 3X I wasn’t going to a non-neutral circle-jerk chamber. Carry on with that activity by yourselves. Personally I’m not much interested in anal but what ever floats your boa-utts.

You’re resembling Trump saying that NBA players aren’t welcome in his white house AFTER they said they were not cumming, lol.

Go find another thread to "front run", what else is in your agenda today Mr "truth"?

Now he’ll accuse me of “backfilling”, lol. As if he isn’t using tactics.  Roll Eyes

Why so angry? Did you lose something?

Juvenile. Must be 20-something.

Actually I will call it a day and go get some sleep.

Cool. Cheers bro. I’ll stop here too.
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:05:21 AM

Go find another thread to "front run", what else is in your agenda today Mr "truth"?
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:15:04 AM

Now he’ll accuse me of “backfilling”, lol. As if he isn’t using tactics.  Roll Eyes

iluvbtc

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:27:38 AM

LOL.... same here mate, high risk, high reward.
iluvbtc

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:30:27 AM

Carry on folks with your normal activity. Truth has left the building.

Please don't.  Grin

No worries mate, I already wrote 3X I wasn’t going to a non-neutral circle-jerk chamber. Carry on with that activity by yourselves. Personally I’m not much interested in anal but what ever floats your boa-utts.

You’re resembling Trump saying that NBA players aren’t welcome in his white house AFTER they said they were not cumming, lol.

Why so angry? Did you lose something?

Juvenile. Must be 20-something.

Cool. Cheers bro. I’ll stop here too.

More like the NBA pussies were commenting on how they would not attend even before they had an invite .... but nice try LIBTARD....ahhahaaha
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:47:42 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2017, 04:36:10 PM by Hyperme.sh

More like the NBA pussies were commenting on how they would not attend even before they had an invite .... but nice try LIBTARD....ahhahaaha

NBA players are dumb to mix politics and entertainment, thus alienating perhaps 50% of their audience.

But Trump was even dumber to confirm a non-invitation to those who already stated they weren’t coming.

He could have simply stated that they were delusional to uninvite themselves when an invitation had not yet been issued. Instead he cucked like a bitch.

Or better yet, he could have said that perhaps they failed to get the unreleased memo that he had delegated that bitch meeting to Obama and (the Zionist) Soros (who are working together on SJW bitch rage marches, etc).

EOS development seems to progress nicely. There is still a huge demand for higher transaction throughput and alternatives for a 'gas fee' system. I am confident that EOS will deliver and become a good competitor for Ethereum.

Please see Vitalik’s very astute critical analysis of DPoS. DPoS is centralized, permissioned, and highly vulnerable to abuse by nations, lawsuits, etc.. That can not be a world changing decentralized ledger that we can depend on. Also the consensus algorithm is far too subjective and not objectively verifiable.

[…]

You are running around every DPoS thread like a headless chicken spewing out your nonsense.

The DPoS Steem blockchain (and Steemit.com) have been down for the past ~1 hour and 14 min. Is that centralized DPoS acceptable for a “world computer” that it will go offline for an hour?
iluvbtc

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:11:11 AM

NBA players are dumb to mix politics and entertainment, thus alienating perhaps 50% of their audience.

But Trump was even dumber to confirm a non-invitation to those who already stated they weren’t coming.

He could have simply stated that they were delusional to uninvite themselves when an invitation had not yet been issued. Instead he cucked like a bitch.

Or better yet, he could have said that perhaps they failed to get the unreleased memo that he had delegated that bitch meeting to Obama and Soros (who are working together on bitch rage marches, etc).

EOS development seems to progress nicely. There is still a huge demand for higher transaction throughput and alternatives for a 'gas fee' system. I am confident that EOS will deliver and become a good competitor for Ethereum.

Please see Vitalik’s very astute critical analysis of DPoS. DPoS is centralized, permissioned, and highly vulnerable to abuse by nations, lawsuits, etc.. That can not be a world changing decentralized ledger that we can depend on. Also the consensus algorithm is far too subjective and not objectively verifiable.

[…]

You are running around every DPoS thread like a headless chicken spewing out your nonsense.

The DPoS Steem blockchain (and Steemit.com) have been down for the past ~1 hour and 14 min. Is that centralized DPoS acceptable for a “world computer” that it will go offline for an hour?

Spoken like a true LIBTARD.... .ahahha,  Trump trolls little LiBTARD pussies and the go all EMO...ahahha
gipbkt

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:18:20 AM

It's all about getting things mainstream. If EOS is good enough and runs well who know it might even be worth more than Ethereum or other blockchainbased solution. Dan has proved to be able to bring things mainstream with steemit.
kakusnice

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:18:58 AM

hey guys I used metamask to buy and claim some eos tokens". Can anyone tell me if it would be wise to move them to myetherwallet and if yes, can I use the private keys i generated when getting the eos-tokens yesterday?
maxyotz

Activity: 77

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:19:28 AM

The price is headed lower. It is not some limited ICO , the first window anyone could contribute ended below 1$, why would anyone pay 4$ for it now ? It doesn't make sense. The ICO price has been higher than the exchange price for 2 days now. It's going back below 2$ and I am not saying this because I hate EOS, I invested over 20 ETH and have sold, waiting to buy back in
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:11:28 AM

EOS Tokyo Meetup

Tell a friend Share

Tuesday, October 17, 2017
    6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
    Needs a location

Hi Everyone! Some members of the block.one team will be in Tokyo this month and we are going to hold a meetup so the community have the opportunity to hear them present and meet the team! This event is open to anyone who is interested in EOS, the presentations will be both technical and general so will be of interest to those with all levels of knowledge about the EOS.IO Software.
The message be sent by Dan larimer on telegram https://t.me/daneos
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:18:14 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2017, 01:46:42 PM by Hyperme.sh

It's all about getting things mainstream. If EOS is good enough and runs well who know it might even be worth more than Ethereum or other blockchainbased solution. Dan has proved to be able to bring things mainstream with steemit.

That’s a good reason to be interested.

Let me make one final summary post in this thread of my objections to EOS.

I’m just making readers aware of:

I’m putting my effort on the ~$5 million market cap which is legally issued, not the $200 million market cap with an inferior design, plan, and illegally issued.

No ICO will ever end up being the token used all over the world due to the legal encumbrance. The gimmick of separating the issuance token from the platform token is an obfuscation of the actual reality of the investment contract and investor expectations and thus will be void. Why are we in crypto turning our ecosystem into a scammers haven public relations disaster and incriminating ourselves with centralized shit that thus (due to centralization and scamming) can’t create scalable network effects?

Create instead decentralized paradigms that avoid legal entanglement:

My point is about transparency. And about not issuing illegal securities and then not providing all the material facts for the insiders.

If indeed @tonych was given kickbacks, then this could violate laws about securities or consumer protection laws about proper disclosure.

These tokens which have non-transparent issuance problems are not going to be reliable when the nation-states start using their laws to attack cryptocurrency.

So the "devs" might have 50 sockpuppet accounts they ask coins to. It's basically the next iteration of the "x% premined" scam as it is not that transparent.

Apparently that is what NEM did. They try to deny it, but when it is pointed out that they refused to even use Facebook verified accounts, they just claim that verifications were done but don’t provide any independently verifiable objective proof.

And Byteball airdropped to exchanges who held so much BTC, so guess for yourself if any kickbacks were involved.

EOS runs a year long ICO “no rights token sale” ostensibly so they can buy said “tokens” from themselves.

Readers should be allowed to read dissenting opinions. If you can’t handle free speech, then WTF are you doing any way in the arena of permissionless, decentralized paradigms.

Any way, good luck with your pump. May you shill enough profits to pay for your legal protection in the future when TSHTF about illegal securities.

sladering your superior doesn't earn you any credibility points

Cut out the crap, I was teaching and refuting @bytemaster (aka Daniel Larimer) on these forums back in 2013/2014 way before he became a big time scammer doing premeditated illegal securities issuance.

Dan has always been making the same fundamental mistake since 2013. He always wants to pool everything in collectivism. His Steem voting design suffers from this flaw as well as the his zero transaction fees concept, which are both making it impossible for these systems to scale in terms of the economics and threats against them.

I remember back in 2013 he was proposing some interest rate payment scheme for hodlers his Protoshares, and I explained to him why that was unsustainable and flawed. You’ll find that Charles Hoskinson was also involved in the discussions on BCT back then.

Btw, Charles Hoskinson told me all the details about how Dan Larimer broke his verbal contracts when he kicked Charles Hoskinson out. But I have never and will never repeat those details to anyone.

I do acknowledge that Dan’s TaPoS invention is conceptually astute, but I was there in the thread when he announced the first ideas for it and pointed out to him that he had some flaws.

You should expect that when you go raising $200+ million in a scammy ICO thus creating a public relations disaster, that some people who care about our ecosystem are going to criticize you. If you do not want to be criticized, then do not overtly try to scam the ecosystem.

Yep that's what I mean, I don't think people realize how small Bitcoin still is. John Mcaffee, CEO of the antivirus security company went so far as to say he would eat his dick live on tv in 3 years if Bitcoin ISN'T worth 500,000$

http://nypost.com/2017/07/19/cybersecurity-legend-i-will-eat-my-d-k-if-i-lose-500k-bitcoin-bet/

Giving BTC to ICOs which are going to fail, is indeed not wise when in fact BTC will continue to rise significantly over next years.

Presuming BTC hits $10,000 in Q1 2018, that would be a 1000X gain from $10 in 2013 when I agreed with my business acquaintances (such as @rpietila) to buy BTC. He sold $100,000 of silver and bought 10,000 BTC then became a multi-millionaire by the end of the year. (He then apparently proceeded to lose it all somehow)

So taking the 5th root of 1000, give us about an average compounded gain of 4X per year. So 3 years from 2018 and $10,000 would be $10,000 x 64 = $640,000.

But that requires that BTC’s rise in price is not slowing down, which would be not the normal pattern for an S curve adoption so I presume it is decelerating. Also Mcaffee’s 3 years was from earlier this year, not Q1 2018.

I do think BTC will exceed $50,000 within 3 years, i.e. exceed $1 trillion market cap.

But some altcoins will go from $10 million to $1 billion market cap in 3 - 5 years. And perhaps one will go to $1 trillion market cap within 5 years (still lagging Bitcoin’s market cap though).

Which one?

Remember this. PhDs did not create Apple Computer nor Microsoft. PhDs did not create Facebook. PhDs did not create WeChat. PhDs DID create Google. But that should not be taken as an excuse to give $10 million of play money to junior-level programmers who lack the discipline/focus/experienced oversight of those aforementioned examples who created those hugely successful companies.

for me the whitepaper give it all from it you can see the idea behind the ICO

Disagree. 99% of the investors are not qualified to evaluate a whitepaper. They can be easily fooled by technobabble that sounds great but is actually fundamentally bullshit.

Just need to use common sense.

That is not sufficient. As has already been explained by myself above and @kkofor, but you are not addressing my point that most investors are incapable of accurately judging the difference between slick presentation and actually sound technology.

Another smell test are ICOs which make claims which are not objectively provable material facts. They obviously do not care that they are stating claims about the future which they can not be sure of (which is also an illegal activity if the ICO is issued as a security, as is nearly always the case).

99% of ICOs will fail these smell tests, because just as in the Dot.com bubble and bust, 99% of them will be entirely useless other than to FOMOiate a bubble of selling empty bags to greater fools.

Y’all have anal, circle-jerk fun attacking me personally. I will not reply. Go for it!

Don’t fail to post some medical website’s photo from Google Images of Angiokeratoma of the scrotum and erroneously claim it’s my scrotum. “Shelby posted a photo of his balls!” Sorry kiddies, no, it wasn’t his scrotum.
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:34:47 PM

You are full of crap, the STEEM blockchain is just fine as you can see here https://busy.org/  and here https://beta.chainbb.com/ it's the steemit.com website that is under DDoS

Btw did you had anything to do with this DDoS attack? and perhaps more importantly do you hapen to know anyone that might have something to do with it?

Your FUD reached it's peak at a very suspicious time, I'm just saying...  Wink
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:17:48 PM

Steemit’s DPoS was offline for over an hour before I slept. And when I awoke it has still been down several hours later. The DPoS centralized ledger design is not robust enough to scale out to the world. It works for some small shit like Steemit sometimes.

You are full of crap, the STEEM blockchain is just fine as you can see here https://busy.org/  and here https://beta.chainbb.com/ it's the steemit.com website that is under DDoS

Btw did you had anything to do with this DDoS attack? and perhaps more importantly do you hapen to know anyone that might have something to do with it?

Your FUD reached it's peak at a very suspicious time, I'm just saying...  Wink

You’re lying. It just came back online. I recorded that archive to prove it was offline for hours. And I had also checked busy.org and it was not loading user data. Also steemd.com stated that it was “reloading the Node” and was unavailable for while. Something happened at the DPoS blockchain level.

Scammers lie.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:32:06 PM

Only the web site was down not the DPoS. Other websites accessing the same blockchain or users/services accessing the blockchain directly with a node were still up.

The Steem DPoS blockchain has never been down since some software bugs crashed it once or twice in the first few months.

Both steemit.com and busy.org were DDoS attacked. However, chainbb.com and some other web sites were usable.

The reliance on a centrally hosted web sites for UI with high costs for DDoS mitigation is indeed a vulnerability for the platform as it is envisioned (social media) but not for the blockchain itself.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: