Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:11:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Storing Network - Decentralized data storage with blockchain rewards.  (Read 408 times)
StoringNetwork (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2024, 07:28:17 PM

storing.network
(redirecting to this thread)

Twitter

Hi there ! 👋

We wanted to share our vision and concept that we’ve started working on!
Recognizing the value of P2P, we present Storing Network - a decentralized data storage system combining with blockchain.

Storing large files directly on Ethereum-like blockchains is impractical due to costs, so we’re developing a hybrid approach - integrating a traditional blockchain with an IPFS-like system.

Our vision is Proof of Storage where every network users could share a chosen amount of free space on their hard drive and receive rewards in native coin of the network.

This is just a preliminary thread introducing our idea in a nutshell.
The thread will be updated with each major milestone we achieve.
Join us on our Twitter profile, where we'll share brief project updates.
Comments on Twitter are disabled to avoid spam and unnecessary questions from those who haven't familiarized themselves with our concept.

While the concept poses challenges and will take time, we believe in reaching developers within this community.
Interested developers willing to volunteer for the project are invited to PM for access to the Google Group, where we’ll communicate.

For clarity: The project is in the process of building a test version, and we won’t seek funds or create tokens in any blockchain network until its completion. Please exercise caution and avoid investing in anything claiming to be associated with our project before then.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elmo40

Activity: 665
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 18, 2024, 07:49:21 PM

Woohoo. Another way to consume hard drives...
r_victory

Activity: 1927
Merit: 332

English<->Pt-BR - Professional Translations(90+)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2024, 09:22:03 PM

We have the Storj and Siacoin projects, which have similar proposals.

If I'm not mistaken, they started with storage on users' hard drives with free space and migrated to cloud storage.

How do you intend to stand out among these two well-established projects?

Translations from English to Portuguese at affordable prices. Send me a PM here on the forum or contact me via Telegram: @cryptoheart
Antidiluvian

Activity: 54
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 19, 2024, 07:19:54 PM

Sia ---> screwed it people by forking it coin to its own asics would not have competition... and that was over
Storj---> is built on just a token and dependant on a mother chain... I want real coins/chains with not 3rd parties dependencies
FileCoin---> JUan told everyone that it would be easy for an average person to rent out their extra storage... nothing was further from the truth, 2TB Ram, mad cores, etc only fo da rich
Blockstack---> never really heard much more from them Since,

I seen all 4 of these projects on stage at Token Summit NYC like 5 years ago

If you do this please make sure it is a real chain, make sure the tokenomics make sense, tech is secure w/obfucation/privacy w/e is needed to make users more secure. Locally hosted data like Qortal would be great... with a minting function same that rewards people for full node uptime... its users and not just fly-by-night miners suking the soul out of coins. Miners and users must become 1............................................ Again.

#Pirate4Life
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: