Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:56:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏  (Read 202415 times)
visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:05:53 AM

If you folks think that "600k+ sumo" is a dumping threat, try 8.9 million sumo.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stoffu

Activity: 203
Merit: 166

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 09:17:45 AM

Who on earth would want to query the spend secret key over wallet RPC?
https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/commit/819f7e6e0eff6e4f7f41eca32f2e9df1d9b92e03

If the connection was somehow compromised and an attacker managed to see this data, all your money would be gone. Only a fool would use this feature.

The developers seem neither competent nor serious about security, which explains why the very old bug in the wallet has been left unsolved for a long time.
JC1DA

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:25:40 AM

If you folks think that "600k+ sumo" is a dumping threat, try 8.9 million sumo.

I'll worry about it when the time comes. Definitely. It's one of my concerns. After the dev wallet is open, most of the coins belong to "someone-who-mine-a-lot" and devs.
One member has already pointed out this problem.
JC1DA

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:30:29 AM

https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/commit/819f7e6e0eff6e4f7f41eca32f2e9df1d9b92e03

If the connection was somehow compromised and an attacker managed to see this data, all your money would be gone. Only a fool would use this feature.

The developers seem neither competent nor serious about security, which explains why the very old bug in the wallet has been left unsolved for a long time.

Thanks for the warning. I'll be carefull @@. Dev should definitely see this.
stoffu

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 10:52:57 AM

1. First, seed words can be retrieved via wallet RPC too, what's different from spendkey if connection is somehow compromised?

OK, it was my overlooking; I didn't know about that feature and I'm surprised now.
I apologize for making a wrong accusation.

My overall doubt anout the developers' competence and honesty still remains, though.
billaue

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:05:39 AM

1. First, seed words can be retrieved via wallet RPC too, what's different from spendkey if connection is somehow compromised?

2. Second, wallet RPC only for local access (127.0.0.1) by default, no fools open it to the world, so that you have to compromise the PC/server first to access to the RPC wallet connection (if it's not secured by a passphrase).

3. Last, GUI wallet does use RPC but only it can connect to the RPC because there is a secret passphrase (via --user-agent parameter) random generated at each section and only RPC and the wallet know it. Any attempt to access to wallet RPC, even from local PC, will be denied.

Thanks @quangvhg for clearance but I think it's a valid concern on the wallet RPC security. Ofc, there is hardly anyone who risk their money by opening wallet RPC access to the wild.

Currently, wallet RPC is mostly used by mining pools and exchanges for payment. In these cases, the wallet security largely depends on the system security. If a hacker can access to the exchange servers he might compromise the wallet RPC as well but we can't do anything abt their system security.

There are some known issues with current GUI version, mostly due to the daemon synchronization and corrupted wallet file on creation. It's first beta version and we'll fix them, sorry for inconvenience.
Germining

Activity: 778
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:24:06 AM

My overall doubt anout the developers' competence and honesty still remains, though.

Could you explain why?

Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions
Private • Untraceable • Decentralized • Fungible
stoffu

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 04:12:08 PM

Could you explain why?

My doubt about their honesty is primarily due to the premine which is never justifiable if the currency were to be legit. Another reason is the recent release of the GUI miner that they claim to be open source, which is not in reality because the source code isn't released; we don't know when the code will be released, and there's a fair chance that it'll never be released. They should immediately retract the GUI miner by deleting the download link and release it again with the source code attached when it's ready. If they don't do so, I consider it as a scam.

My doubt about their incompetence comes from the general low activity in their GitHub repository. Also, this part from the OP:

• Do you have any relationship with The Monero Project?
    - No. While we have full respect for all core developers of The Monero Project who are competent, open and smart, however, we've never had opportunity to contribute anything to Monero yet (we hope we will).

makes me think that they don't contribute to Monero because they aren't competent. Also, the wallet bug recently reported by eeX seems to be old and have been left unfixed for a long time, which is another indication of their incompetence.
JC1DA

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:37:12 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2017, 07:24:11 PM by JC1DA

Could you explain why?

My doubt about their honesty is primarily due to the premine which is never justifiable if the currency were to be legit. Another reason is the recent release of the GUI miner that they claim to be open source, which is not in reality because the source code isn't released; we don't know when the code will be released, and there's a fair chance that it'll never be released. They should immediately retract the GUI miner by deleting the download link and release it again with the source code attached when it's ready. If they don't do so, I consider it as a scam.

My doubt about their incompetence comes from the general low activity in their GitHub repository. Also, this part from the OP:

• Do you have any relationship with The Monero Project?
    - No. While we have full respect for all core developers of The Monero Project who are competent, open and smart, however, we've never had opportunity to contribute anything to Monero yet (we hope we will).

makes me think that they don't contribute to Monero because they aren't competent. Also, the wallet bug recently reported by eeX seems to be old and have been left unfixed for a long time, which is another indication of their incompetence.

I understand your concerns. For the premine, as those coins are locked so we have some time to consider about this project, I think it's good as we can leave before the wallet is unlocked.

The miner was released about a week ago, we need Vu to confirm when its source code will be released.

Actually, we all expect devs to be more active. There is less and less information about this project recently (except for the miner).

Need more time to confirm if this is a legit project or not. Give them some time to answer. Don't conclude in haste. Smiley
stna1981

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:40:48 PM

What exactly is the problem with these locked premined wallets (sry for noob question)?
visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 05:53:10 PM

What exactly is the problem with these locked premined wallets (sry for noob question)?

For starters, 10% of the total token supply supposedly earmarked for future development is a bit...no, make that very exorbitant. It is more like a "10% commission" for initializing the project.

As already stated a few posts above, if 600k+ sumo controlled by a single or a collusive entity a dumping threat, try 8.9 million sumo (10% of the total token supply that were premined).

sumoshi (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

www.sumokoin.org #SUMO

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 03:04:26 AM

I understand your concerns. For the premine, as those coins are locked so we have some time to consider about this project, I think it's good as we can leave before the wallet is unlocked.

The miner was released about a week ago, we need Vu to confirm when its source code will be released.

Actually, we all expect devs to be more active. There is less and less information about this project recently (except for the miner).

Need more time to confirm if this is a legit project or not. Give them some time to answer. Don't conclude in haste. Smiley

Thank you!

1. We don't want to talk any more about premine, almost all were locked as most of you already knew. Devs have very little on hand and keep holding them atm and we can do anything further about that.

2. We agree that the progress is slow these days, especially on core development. We'll have more time for core dev as company jobs are less stressful now.

3. Bill and Vu will post easy miner code to Github in a couple of days.

4. New dev roadmap with less aggressive but bigger, long-term targets will be updated along with new website launch by the end of this month.

Sumokoin = Privacy Without Compromise
stoffu

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 04:13:05 AM

1. We don't want to talk any more about premine, almost all were locked as most of you already knew. Devs have very little on hand and keep holding them atm and we can do anything further about that.

This creates further doubt about their true intent. You don't want to talk about your premine, because that's the most shady and ugly essence of Sumokoin. Premine is never justified, and your desire to distract people's attention from it just confirms my doubt.

People, please remember that premine is completely different from the usual donation-based funding model used in other legitimate currencies like Bitcoin and Monero. Donations are collected from the free will of the community members in agreement of who controls the fund and for what purpose to use it. With premine, an unfair financial advantage for the developers is baked into the protocol, putting them in a privileged and powerful position. This is practically the same as the dev tax employed in Zcash, which is run by a for-profit company. Is Sumokoin an FOSS project, or a scam for profit? I believe the latter is the case.

Thanks to the premined coins being still locked, there's a way to eliminate this accusation: do a hard fork that bans the use of those premine outputs as inputs. Then Sumokoin can become a legitimate currency. Otherwise, I keep calling you as scammers.

OK, "in a couple of days" does that mean 2 days? A week? A month? Or more? You keep damaging your credibility by delaying the release of the source code. The best action for you to do now is to immediately retract the release by deleting the download link. If you don't, again, you're indistinguishable from a scammer.
sumoshi (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

www.sumokoin.org #SUMO

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 04:21:35 AM

This creates further doubt about their true intent. You don't want to talk about your premine, because that's the most shady and ugly essence of Sumokoin. Premine is never justified, and your desire to distract people's attention from it just confirms my doubt.

People, please remember that premine is completely different from the usual donation-based funding model used in other legitimate currencies like Bitcoin and Monero. Donations are collected from the free will of the community members in agreement of who controls the fund and for what purpose to use it. With premine, an unfair financial advantage for the developers is **baked into the protocol**, putting them in a privileged and powerful position. This is practically the same as the dev tax employed in Zcash, which is run by a for-profit company. Is Sumokoin an FOSS project, or a scam run by a for-profit company? I believe the latter is the case.

Thanks to the premined coins being still locked, there's a way to eliminate this accusation: do a hard fork that bans the use of those premine outputs as inputs. Then Sumokoin can become a legitimate currency. Otherwise, I keep calling you as scammers.

OK, "in a couple of days" does that mean 2 days? A week? A month? Or more? You keep damaging your credibility by delaying the release of the source code. The best action for you to do now is to immediately retract the release by deleting the download link.

1. If anyone of you in doubt abt dev intention, you can put a cautious mark here and don't invest. It's my best advice as I know I have no capability to satisfy all of you. Probably, the more we talk the more doubts will arise for some ppl.

2. I'm sure you are good enough at English to understand what "couple of days" means.

Sumokoin = Privacy Without Compromise
stoffu

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 04:46:32 AM

1. If anyone of you in doubt abt dev intention, you can put a cautious mark here and don't invest. It's my best advice as I know I have no capability to satisfy all of you. Probably, the more we talk the more doubts will arise for some ppl.

Of course I don't invest in your scam. Or for that matter, even the concept of "investing" in cryptocurrencies is already strange. In the original sense, currencies are meant to be used as a means of exchange and store of value; they are not meant to be investment tools like stocks. To me, owning cryptocurrencies instead of fiat currencies is more like a transition from the old, unfair and malfunctioning monetary system to a new, fair and trustless one.

Disclosure: I own some Bitcoin, some Monero and some Aeon. No Sumokoin.

I started posting here primarily because you spammed some other Bitcointalk threads with your scam GUI miner advertisement, and I also felt like helping some uninformed people in this thread to realize the danger in Sumokoin.

2. I'm sure you are good enough at English to understand what "couple of days" means.

From Dictionary.com:
Idioms
a couple of, more than two, but not many, of; a small number of; a few: It will take a couple of days for the package to get there.
A dinner party, whether for a couple of old friends or eight new acquaintances, takes nearly the same amount of effort.
Also, Informal, a couple.

I do hope you also understand the meaning of it. Certainly it shouldn't be more than 10 or 20. Why don't you simply delete the download link? If you break your own promise, there'll be a consequence.
billaue

Activity: 119

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:54:11 AM

Of course I don't invest in your scam. Or for that matter, even the concept of "investing" in cryptocurrencies is already strange. In the original sense, currencies are meant to be used as a means of exchange and store of value; they are not meant to be investment tools like stocks. To me, owning cryptocurrencies instead of fiat currencies is more like a transition from the old, unfair and malfunctioning monetary system to a new, fair and trustless one.

I started posting here primarily because you spammed some other Bitcointalk threads with your scam GUI miner advertisement, and I also felt like helping some uninformed people in this thread to realize the danger in Sumokoin.

From Dictionary.com:
Idioms
a couple of, more than two, but not many, of; a small number of; a few: It will take a couple of days for the package to get there.
A dinner party, whether for a couple of old friends or eight new acquaintances, takes nearly the same amount of effort.

I do hope you also understand the meaning of it. Certainly it shouldn't be more than 10 or 20. Why don't you simply delete the download link? If you break your own promise, there'll be a consequence.

Well, finally I've understood why you came here and told ill abt the project. It took me and Vu many unpaid working hours to create the miner just to contribute to community and you feel it's just an ad. we have nothing to hide on source code and it'll be on Github today or tomorrow
sumogr

Activity: 463
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:58:26 AM

From Dictionary.com:
Idioms

1. No one spammed any thread unless you dont like people to be talking about any other coin except the ones you hold. Crypto world is one of the few remaining strongholds protecting your right to think freely and shout scam with just subjective indications. You wouldnt dare to go inside your country's stock exchange and start accusing all stocks that didnt fit your criteria, would you? Also thank you for sharing your personal opinion on what a crypto coin should be, why dont you create one.
2. Wow we should all light a candle for you. Thank you for keeping people safe, that's a noble task
3. Go tell Claymore the same.

jimmyvu

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:03:14 AM

From Dictionary.com:
Idioms

there are always some mother f**kers with BAD intention to dig into some burried sh*t. WTF consequence you promised? why did you bother with the miner, bz it's better than others? You invested to Aeon, the dead project with no devs, abandoned by those who created it and you hope the same fate for other coins. Right?
stoffu

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 05:51:02 AM

1. No one spammed any thread unless you dont like people to be talking about any other coin except the ones you hold.

False. On Boolberry:

Re-post from announcement thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2163270

SUMO EASY MINER - v0.1 BETA 1.3

This is probably the world's most easy and intuitive CPU miner created by Sumokoin dev team. The miner is mainly for those who want to start mining Sumokoin (SUMO), yet you can freely use it to mine any cryptonote-based cryptocurrencies like Monero (XMR), Aeon (AEON), Boolberry (BBR), DigitalNote (XDN) etc by just adding new pools.

Why are you posting this here?  You can't mine Boolberry with this.  Boolberry isn't cryptonight it uses Wild Keccak as the algorithm.
Take your spam and hit the road. 

On Monero:
Re-post from announcement thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2163270

Github sources coming soon? GTFO you piece of shit botnet herder.

On Aeon:
Open source software no hidden fees

I call bullshit. No source provided, just binaries on a dropbox. The author is not honest.
I would stay away from any blobs from members I don't trust. Even if source is published on github I would better compile it myself after reading source code.

Everyone please be careful with it.

I agree with sammy007,
opensource, but no source..  Huh

People unanimously consider it as a spam advertising a scam.

2. Wow we should all light a candle for you. Thank you for keeping people safe, that's a noble task

You're very welcome. I'm now already satisfied that I could do my part of warning people, and it seems like a great waste of time for me to engage in further conversations with you. I wish you health, and please don't spam other coins with your scam advertisement.
sumogr

Activity: 463
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:05:02 AM

1. No one spammed any thread unless you dont like people to be talking about any other coin except the ones you hold.

False. On Boolberry:

This is probably the world's most easy and intuitive CPU miner created by Sumokoin dev team. The miner is mainly for those who want to start mining Sumokoin (SUMO), yet you can freely use it to mine any cryptonote-based cryptocurrencies like Monero (XMR), Aeon (AEON), Boolberry (BBR), DigitalNote (XDN) etc by just adding new pools.

Why are you posting this here?  You can't mine Boolberry with this.  Boolberry isn't cryptonight it uses Wild Keccak as the algorithm.
Take your spam and hit the road. 

On Monero:

Github sources coming soon? GTFO you piece of shit botnet herder.

On Aeon:
Open source software no hidden fees

I call bullshit. No source provided, just binaries on a dropbox. The author is not honest.
I would stay away from any blobs from members I don't trust. Even if source is published on github I would better compile it myself after reading source code.

Everyone please be careful with it.

I agree with sammy007,
opensource, but no source..  Huh

People unanimously consider it as a spam advertising a scam.

You're very welcome. I'm now already satisfied that I could do my part of warning people, and it seems like a great waste of time for me to engage in further conversations with you. I wish you health, and please don't spam other coins with your scam advertisement.

Bye and best of luck

Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: