Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:43:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how are these alt whales cashing out?  (Read 3199 times)
European Central Bank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 10:17:55 PM

It could be all fake and the biggest heist in crypto in the making

possible but incredibly dumb and short sighted. they could earn hundreds of millions and sell for billions a decade or two down the line if they did right by everyone. however dumbness and short sightedness is rarely in short supply when it comes to crypto.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 12:24:02 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2017, 12:37:18 AM by Febo

most of the action happens on poloniex yet I've been waiting months to get my withdrawals above 2000 per day.

there must be people on there with thousands of btc.

how are they getting it off? special deals? they don't plan to leave?

unless they do something then it'll take a couple of years to get their profits out.

same goes for many other alt exchanges now. that would annoy me.

I dont have such problems but when looking at verification page i saw this:

they can withdraw whatever they want in one go.

I also dont recall i needed much time to get 7k withdrawal limit. But that happened 3 years ago so they might change procedure in meantime.
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 12:47:42 AM

I applied about four months ago. still waiting. even then it's only $25,000. that's still several weeks or months if you have the mountain on there that certain people must have.

Then something is wrong. I was approved within 24 hoirs

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
European Central Bank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 12:50:13 AM

Then something is wrong. I was approved within 24 hoirs

or something is right with you. many people have been waiting just as long. i assume it's to do with an avalanche of new users.
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:12:38 AM

Maybe its your country your in, my limit got raised within a few mins when i applied, only thing i can think of

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
callback

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:34:47 AM

It could be all fake and the biggest heist in crypto in the making

There's a better than average chance you might be right.. poloniex might be ready to destroy the credibility of cryptos.. hope you are wrong. In any case they get none of my business until they take care of simple things like this in a timely manner.

Bittrex forgot that I submitted the information and is asking me to do it again. Poloniex hasn't approved it yet, and Kraken is basically down due to server load ATM.

I hope I'm wrong, too. But it sure looks suspicious.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:42:06 PM

Every exchange is going to shit as the userbase grows, it's like they are not prepared for the traffic. I think we need some brand new, hi-tec, revolutionary exchange!
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:31:13 PM

Every exchange is going to shit as the userbase grows, it's like they are not prepared for the traffic. I think we need some brand new, hi-tec, revolutionary exchange!

Here it comes:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1906507.0

Wink

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
MBW_2

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:13:01 PM

Hey can we expect price of ltc, eth and dash to increase when btc price trembles by aug 1? Or would you suggest to convert all tradeable assets to usdt to switch at lower values?
overnightmillionaire

Activity: 184

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 01:23:04 PM

Theres private Over the Counter (OTC) brokers/exchanges for whales that can handle million dollar transactions and have your money in your bank the same day. Whales don't withdraw from popular exchanges like poloniex unless they are stupid.

daniweb

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:05:52 PM

Is anyone aware of this Tokenator company and their 50% bonus on Playkey ICO? If you are, any feedback would be appreciated.
croTek4

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

the Cat-a-clysm.

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:36:33 PM

usually, whales aren't whales anymore if they cash out. But if they really want to cash out, I think they would just exchange it for Bitcoin or Ethereum, and then they sell it on an exchange like Bitpanda or whatever.

However, in my humble opinion, it would really be a dumb move, as they will never need that much money in such a short time-span. Why would you suddenly need millions of dollars ? obviously, such needs are really fishy.
a normal human being only need a couple thousand dollars per month, not millions ^^

Catether is an open source mineable ERC20 Token, powered by Cates.
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 07:49:06 PM

This is where the thinking of investors and "I'm gonna be RICH!" types differ.

Investors (whales or not) don't hardly ever cash out, especially now that the industry is still in it's infancy.
Gains are reinvested to get more gains and so on and so on, it's like the basics of building capitol.

For all of the dreamers who want to invest a couple thousand and hope to hit the jackpot with some shitcoin, of course they think about cashing out.
"Oh! Crypto is gonna make me a millionaire and then I won't have to work ever again!"

Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:07:21 PM

If someone has a lot of coins to sell but is limited by the exchanges then he probably have some friends that also open accounts at exchanges and get a small percentage for cashing it out.

And or they probably try to sell their coins directly to other people without the involvement of online exchanges and there are surely some exchanges with higher limits available.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:30:31 PM

most of the action happens on poloniex yet I've been waiting months to get my withdrawals above 2000 per day.

unless they do something then it'll take a couple of years to get their profits out.

I think some of the whales got verified back in 2014 when it was a small exchange and had just introduced verification.

Others will have multiple accounts, so will be able to cash out from all of them.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
krypt0n1

Activity: 238

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:37:21 PM

I imagine each whale has their own method but the more common scenarios you could expect is

1) They often do not plan to "cash out" entirely and will just cash out of one coin to accumulate another. If they just cash out then they are losing out on a lot of profits currently. They are probably comfortable just taking out what they need during certain time intervals.

2) I've never used poloniex but with many exchanges, depending on how long you've been signed up and/or how much money you have, you have a different status level. This is the same with verification statuses. The higher your status, the more you are allowed to withdraw during a given interval.

3) They likely use multiple exchanges concurrently. If they cash out their max from each account, it could be all they need at that time.

joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:57:01 PM

Yes i was wondering about the same too, when i want to withdraw at least $1000 on my local bank they have a lot of troubles and ask me a lot of papers to confirm and make sure that i did not steal anything, or that i am legit and that is a hard earned money.
It is insane, how does the people who are owning large amounts of money withdraw their earnings? i dont know how the fuck do them manage to withdraw to their bank account, or even to fiat, i dont know..

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:01:20 PM

It's still weird to me it's so hard to withdraw your coins (in normal amounts) from exchanges but it's always easy to deposit them.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:38:01 PM

It took me several weeks to escape Polo's stupid limits while Bittrex's verification process was super fast and so that's my preferred exchange along with Cryptopia.

coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 10:58:17 PM

Just a hunch, it may also be possible that some of these exchanges are actually owned by these whales. Now if this were the case, they could easily manipulate any of their transactions for their advantage. But like I’ve said, just a hunch... Wink

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: