Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:54:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin paper trading simulator app  (Read 3222 times)
ktabb (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 01:47:58 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2017, 09:08:31 PM by ktabb

www.demoinvestor.com

Hey guys, I created an app that lets you trade bitcoin using fake "money". It's great for testing out trading strategies or trying out trading without taking any real financial risk. The url above (remove the a) should lead you to the app where you can sign up and try it out. I would for people to try it and give feedback! I just put it online today and there is still work to be done as far as adding new features, but it should be fully functional.

In the future it will support more than just bitcoin. I'd like to add stocks as well, and maybe commodities and/or forex.

Let me know what you guys think!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onemanatatime

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Aluna.Social

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 03:04:00 AM

batcpredictions.com

Hey guys, I created an app that lets you trade bitcoin using fake "money". It's great for testing out trading strategies or trying out trading without taking any real financial risk. The url above (remove the a) should lead you to the app where you can sign up and try it out. I would for people to try it and give feedback! I just put it online today and there is still work to be done as far as adding new features, but it should be fully functional.

In the future it will support more than just bitcoin. I'd like to add stocks as well, and maybe commodities and/or forex.

edit: You need to remove the a from the url above. I'm not sure why but it won't let me post the actual domain name.

The point is to ONLY trade demo accounts, i.e. not to trade real money ever?

Then I have one suggestion for you; make it into a game! Perhaps you could have a jackpot for weekly winners who have the best profits over that week.

This time it's different.
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:24:40 AM

This mean a trade demo accounts,
A good idea but need more supporters! I had the idea of creating a trade but there was no check. Hope can refer from you!
ktabb (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 10:16:49 AM

batcpredictions.com

edit: You need to remove the a from the url above. I'm not sure why but it won't let me post the actual domain name.

Then I have one suggestion for you; make it into a game! Perhaps you could have a jackpot for weekly winners who have the best profits over that week.

Hey man, thanks for the tip! That thought had occurred to me as well and that is something I am definitely considering as a feature to implement in the future. I might have to look into the legality of that though because it might be considered gambling and I don't know what laws and regulations would apply.

ktabb (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 09:09:07 PM

I was able to make the link appear correctly, added another domain. Figured something non-specific to bitcoin would be good since it will support stocks soon.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 12:33:00 PM

batcpredictions.com

Hey man, thanks for the tip! That thought had occurred to me as well and that is something I am definitely considering as a feature to implement in the future. I might have to look into the legality of that though because it might be considered gambling and I don't know what laws and regulations would apply.
If people can't cash anything out, I don't see how it could even be considered gambling. You could start out with something that's pretty simple, just a leaderboard for example.
Adding a jackpot would probably make it gambling though, so I wouldn't even bother with that for now.

KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:13:53 PM

www.demoinvestor.com

Hey guys, I created an app that lets you trade bitcoin using fake "money". It's great for testing out trading strategies or trying out trading without taking any real financial risk. The url above (remove the a) should lead you to the app where you can sign up and try it out.
Signing up with an email address on a unknown website arises other security risks.Why don't you make a demo section where users can check out your app without having to sin-up ?Took around nice 20 seconds for the webpage to open.Try reducing the server load time or use a less animated loader.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
ktabb (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 12:44:37 AM

batcpredictions.com

If people can't cash anything out, I don't see how it could even be considered gambling. You could start out with something that's pretty simple, just a leaderboard for example.
Adding a jackpot would probably make it gambling though, so I wouldn't even bother with that for now.

Ohh I was under the impression that you were suggesting a cash prize for the winner. A leaderboard would be a pretty neat feature. I will definitely look into adding that!

ktabb (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 12:53:23 AM

www.demoinvestor.com

Hey guys, I created an app that lets you trade bitcoin using fake "money". It's great for testing out trading strategies or trying out trading without taking any real financial risk. The url above (remove the a) should lead you to the app where you can sign up and try it out.
Signing up with an email address on a unknown website arises other security risks.Why don't you make a demo section where users can check out your app without having to sin-up ?Took around nice 20 seconds for the webpage to open.Try reducing the server load time or use a less animated loader.

The only real security risk is the fact that the site does not use SSL, which I may change in the future. This basically means that if anyone is sniffing your packets or intercepting your requests to log in, they might be able to see your password. For that reason, I would recommend not using a password that you also use for other services. That being said, I doubt anyone is trying to hack anyone's login info to my website, since there would be nothing to gain by stealing somebody's account.

The problem with a demo section is that a user must have an account in order to tie their balance to them. If you don't have an account, how can the app distinguish between a trade being executed by one person versus another? It could all be done in the context of the browser, but then all trades would be lost when the page refreshes.

I'm not sure why it took you 20 seconds to load the webpage. The longest it has ever taken me is like 5 seconds (and it's usually like 1-2). If more people complain about performance though then I can look into improving it. The app is already extremely light weight though and should load very quickly.

ktabb (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 02:22:03 AM

Just added support for stocks as well! Check it out! You can also now see how you are doing compared to other investors on the leaderboard page: http://www.demoinvestor.com/leaderboard

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 01:50:45 PM

Just added support for stocks as well! Check it out! You can also now see how you are doing compared to other investors on the leaderboard page: http://www.demoinvestor.com/leaderboard
That's looking really nice! I'm glad you used my leaderboard suggestion. Smiley

I have another suggestion, but this one could be a bit tricky to add immediately.
It would be very handy if you also had a trading bot in place that's similar to other already existing trading bots, preferably one where you could add your own algorithms or at least choose from a number of them.

Letting users add actual code might not be a good idea :p But having a trading bot that allows you to change certain parameters should be possible.

Anyway, it would probably be something for the future.

ktabb (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 09:32:04 PM

That's looking really nice! I'm glad you used my leaderboard suggestion. Smiley

I have another suggestion, but this one could be a bit tricky to add immediately.
It would be very handy if you also had a trading bot in place that's similar to other already existing trading bots, preferably one where you could add your own algorithms or at least choose from a number of them.

Letting users add actual code might not be a good idea :p But having a trading bot that allows you to change certain parameters should be possible.

Anyway, it would probably be something for the future.

Can you please elaborate a bit on what you mean by a trading bot? Like you mentioned, letting users run code is probably not a good idea so I don't think I'm going to even start to go about that route. What would a trading bot look like without code?

One thing I may do in the future is make the app's apis exposed in a developer-friendly way so that people can develop their own software to manage trading if they'd like. The apis are actually already publicly available (the UI uses them) but I haven't made any documentation or anything. And if I were to do this, I would probably make some changes to make the apis easier to use (right now they require a cookie for authentication).

algernonen

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 01:06:44 PM

trade demo accounts,interesting
I'll give it a try
ktabb (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 01:02:54 PM

trade demo accounts,interesting
I'll give it a try

Let me know if you have any suggestions/feedback!

jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 11:27:17 AM

The loading page took time to me as well, not 20 seconds but surely more than 5 seconds. Anyway, I do like your idea since it would be great to practice while not loosing any amount especially for newbies. I'm thinking of how can you maintain the visits of the site. I mean users wouldn't like to practice always since we all know that when you trade, results are random. Time will come that users will be bored UNLESS you have something to offer more than that (you have the leaderboard already which is good). Good luck!
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:13:40 PM

That's good project to try simple trade, but first time I read the title I was expecting the platform demo trade will looks like metatrade platform which we can trade more specifically, not just buy/sell.

Well I hope you can consider my suggestion, although I know it's need a lot work to do. Keep it work.
ktabb (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 10:13:37 AM

The loading page took time to me as well, not 20 seconds but surely more than 5 seconds. Anyway, I do like your idea since it would be great to practice while not loosing any amount especially for newbies. I'm thinking of how can you maintain the visits of the site. I mean users wouldn't like to practice always since we all know that when you trade, results are random. Time will come that users will be bored UNLESS you have something to offer more than that (you have the leaderboard already which is good). Good luck!

I think I don't fully understand what you are suggesting. What do you mean by "maintain the visits of the site"? Can you please elaborate a bit?

ktabb (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 10:14:30 AM

That's good project to try simple trade, but first time I read the title I was expecting the platform demo trade will looks like metatrade platform which we can trade more specifically, not just buy/sell.

Well I hope you can consider my suggestion, although I know it's need a lot work to do. Keep it work.

Yeah I would like to add more features than just buying and selling. I would love to add short selling and options trading as well. That is definitely on the to-do list.

ViceOfBTC21

Activity: 438
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:05:20 PM

One of best and worst paper trading sites ever. Best because it runs in browser. Worst because it provides only simple buy/sell. Also we don't know from which service you get the prices. Please leave price source here. Just stole $150 of trading cake.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: