Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:11:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Bitcoin become the cause of the next financial crisis?  (Read 279 times)
clubchain

Activity: 95
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:52:45 AM

I think this is impossible, bitcoin is not a national financial currency, it is not the ability to mobilize the global economic system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bjjobg55206

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:03:57 AM

I think this is impossible, bitcoin is not a national financial currency, it is not the ability to mobilize the global economic system.

I think maybe the speculative activities of all kinds of bitcoin will always exist, as long as the establishment of international consensus and governance mechanisms, it is possible to limit its negative impact to a controlled range.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:09:16 AM

Could Bitcoin become the cause of the next financial crisis?
Bitcoin is going to make electronic and Biometric payments more popular whether you like it or not.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Emitdama

Activity: 1895
Merit: 328

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:32:54 AM

Can not, because bitcoin is not related to it and the different paths that make it unrelated to the financial crisis.
bitcoin is different in the world so even if your country is in crisis, bitcoin does not affect what is happening in your country.
With even the most realistic and fact based approach, you cannot make any connection between financial crisis of your state with bitcoin or more precisely the decrease in the values of bitcoin. Bitcoin is a virtual currency and if it is not legal in your state, then the government has no right to blame bitcoin legally. Bitcoin has so far known for improving the economy of a state by providing people with enough capital to start businesses.
Subkarnas

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:41:22 AM

I don't think that cryptos can be the cause of the next financial crisis. There are no big companies that depend on crypto or express their value in it. If by some chance (but it won't) cryptos fail, there is not going to be any workforce letdown except for people that work for cryto exchange sites. Rest of the companies have a solid product that they use encouraging crypto. They can easily change their handling to fiat. So overall there is no crypto threat to the world except for people that heavily invested in it.
Walrus1

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:46:54 AM

Not yet. The market cap isn't big enough. Even with all of crypto. The stock market recently lost 2 trillion dollars in one day during the slide, it hurts but a couple of trillion can be absorbed. We can see the government, at this time, is not concerned with crypto having a negative impact on the economy at large if it were to crash. If the, the recent meeting between the fed and the senate would have had a much different tone. The fed has a group who devotes their time looking for bubbles that could effect the economy. In her last meeting Janet yellen stated a crypto crash would pose no problem to the economy but would hurt a lot of people. If crypto ever did get so big it posed a threat to the economy the government will be all over it. Actually as soon as they asses it is getting to the point where it's close to creating havoc during a crash expect the fed to step in. Regulation can have benefits but heavy handed regulation can have a dramatic negative impact. That is why we must pay attention to the whole story, not just the daily ups and downs
ace09

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:51:26 AM

I hope that it would not be. Because I really love Bitcoin. I enjoy when I am in the world of crypto currency. Why? Because even I am a student, I am already earning to help my parent for my financial need and also on the other hand, I get more interesting knowledge here. So, I hope this will not become the next crisis we are facing, because I believe that Bitcoin will rise again.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:31:50 AM

Well, gold has never been the reason for crisis. Rather, gold was the escape from crisis and a way for one's wealth to be preserved. If you were smart enough to have gold, then you were kind of immune to the price hyperinflation and misery all around you, and after the crisis is done you emerged even stronger than before. But as far as my knowledge goes, gold was never the cause behind the crisis.
Gold is not used as a payment method. It is impoprtant to point out that it is impossible to start a crisis just because one single factor (for example US government could be partly blamed for the 2008 crisis). Similar thing should happen with crypto. For now I can imagine a scenario where Bitcoin is getting more popular while banks and governments are not going to integrate it into their systems which will lead to disbalance and crisis in some spheres. Hovewer it is less likely to happen in the next decade and there is much more problems in traditional economy of major countries that can cause crisis.
kazakova

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:04:31 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin can't be the cause of the crisis. It was created precisely to become independent from traditional finances. Bitcoin has no impact on the economies of countries, but only on improving the finances of individual people.

Bitcoin will affect individuals only and in some countries governments may have to support such people. It will not cause any financial crisis though in any country.
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:22:33 AM

I do not think that bitcoin will become the cause of financial crisis. Nothing can replace the traditional fiat currency that we have and besides even if cryptocurrency is well-know now by the world many people probably ignore this since what they believe is that these digital currency are possibly scam so they will not adapt to it.

sashulya7979

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:27:35 PM

Undoubtedly it will be a crisis if the enterprises do not adapt for the Blockchein technology, as they will experience a shortage of funds and an outflow of capital, and this will lead to bankruptcy! so either you are up to date or you can continue to resist and say that bitcoin is a bubble!)
LieTOme

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:32:38 PM

I think this can happen if the country no longer needs and many people still hope. people will be stuck with a high bitcoin price and immediately worthless the possibility of a country state could be a loss with the presence of bitcoin
nicolesalv

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

Ethereum Limited Edition ICO

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:36:28 PM

bitcoin couldn't become cause of financial crisis.. many factors could be the cause of the economic crisis but it is not related to bitcoin, for many countries the financial crisis usually can be caused by dependence on foreign debt and uncontrolled inflation.
True, even before that there were no bitcoins .some.of the countries are already experiencing financial crisis. Bitcoin can't be the cause of financial crisis but rather it helps people of rhe country to earn  to spend for family in which I think it van lessen criminality too as peoaple sometimes is force to do bad things just to feed their gamily. Financial crisis can also be cause of some corrupt government officials.

[ JOIN OUR CROWDSALE    │    PRESALE ]
( E T H L )  ETHEREUM LIMITED
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:43:43 PM

I don't see it as a crisis but confusion. I mean real confusion. Bitcoin would cause a critical financial change from the norm. The dominance of fiat money is being threatened lately because of the scarce and demand for money and crash in stock.
Walrus1

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:51:27 PM

Well, gold has never been the reason for crisis. Rather, gold was the escape from crisis and a way for one's wealth to be preserved. If you were smart enough to have gold, then you were kind of immune to the price hyperinflation and misery all around you, and after the crisis is done you emerged even stronger than before. But as far as my knowledge goes, gold was never the cause behind the crisis.
Gold is not used as a payment method. It is impoprtant to point out that it is impossible to start a crisis just because one single factor (for example US government could be partly blamed for the 2008 crisis). Similar thing should happen with crypto. For now I can imagine a scenario where Bitcoin is getting more popular while banks and governments are not going to integrate it into their systems which will lead to disbalance and crisis in some spheres. Hovewer it is less likely to happen in the next decade and there is much more problems in traditional economy of major countries that can cause crisis.
gold is a payment system and one thing can cause a crisis i.e. Subprime loans really caused the poppy to hit the fan
antagonist

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:30:55 AM

i think i will cause financial crisis for person who want to remove bitcoin holding from wallet of mine  Cheesy Cheesy this is only thing that cause big world financial crisis relate with bitcoin
bitcoin for now too small to create issue like this in world so i do not believe it that bitcoin will create crisis like this to collapse bank for us in this way that you have said it , maybe i say wrong thing if it happen i think will be big big interesting thing for alls of us here to see it
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:31:11 AM

The birth of bitcoin is the response to the government's indiscriminate monetary behavior.

The amount of bitcoin is too small to have much impact on the economy, like mosquito bites.

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: