Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:43:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Klondike - 16 chip ASIC Open Source Board - Preliminary  (Read 435330 times)
LaserHorse

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:40:46 PM

and again in red from mittenmining.  Trying to fill the thread with good news.....

https://i.imgur.com/T4BjST6.jpg

Indeed I like happy things - great to see the logo on a finished board!

PiMiner - control & monitor your miners with Raspberry Pi   •   BTC: 1AV5JekeEVET5u2jTsLDMRsTtagrBnNTBR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:18:16 AM

Those are some very nice looking boards indeed! BkkCoins has a right to be proud of his work.

Can't wait for the chips to ship and start hashing Wink

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
BkkCoins (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 03:29:01 AM

Please Everyone,

If you have decided this is dragging on too long and want to cancel and get a refund, then please contact me by PM and let me know. I'll process it asap.

Please don't file a Paypal dispute for something I can handle directly and simply by myself. The last thing I need is a flood of disputes causing my excellent 10+ years standing at Paypal to be questioned and even worse my account to be put on hold, making it hard to order stuff. There's no reason to doubt I'll take care of your request quickly and with no fuss.

I hope you'll hold on as K1 boards are waiting for me to pick up,a nd should be shipping real soon. I'm working on the firmware updating code now so that I can ship pre-programmed PICs. I've got this code written but I'm testing and working on a ktest update to allow manual upgrading via USB. I'll be shipping the working firmware before I complete the automated upgrading ability in cgminer since using ktest (while clunky) will allow people to upgrade the firmware. This programming work has taken precedence over my hardware testing because my priority is to ship orders ASAP, and then return to building/testing my own personal miners.

Thanks.

And concerning K16 (SS boards only). If you have ordered more than 4 and would prefer 4up panels, generally much better for automated assembly, then please PM me to let me know. I have a batch arriving late this week and can ship panels instead of single boards if requested. I know there's a few orders pending for 20-100 qty that could be better served by panels, but if not requested I may break them down to singles for shipping since I have boxes suited for singles. Note that the K16 4up panels could be used as K64 with jumper/connectors.

southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:18:56 PM

Seriously, I hope people are not doing PP disputes on BKK. I know we are all a bit jittery at the moment but hey BKK is not Avalon and has put so much into all this, lets all just give him time to concentrate were he needs whilst we wait for our chips...Am sure this will work out for the K16's, maybe tight on k1's but they where just for fun really anyway  Wink

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
cardcomm

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:17:05 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2013, 09:22:50 PM by cardcomm

Seriously, I hope people are not doing PP disputes on BKK. I know we are all a bit jittery at the moment but hey BKK is not Avalon and has put so much into all this, lets all just give him time to concentrate were he needs whilst we wait for our chips...Am sure this will work out for the K16's, maybe tight on k1's but they where just for fun really anyway  Wink

+ 1 million

It's unusual enough that a "bitcoin person" or company will even take PayPal. I just KNOW you guys aren't gonna ruin this for everyone. ARE YOU?!?!?!

As a long time EBay vendor myself, I know how bad disputes can hurt. I'm stunned that someone would do that. Whoever you are, I hope you feel really low right about now.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
daemondazz

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:27:42 PM

I'm stunned that someone would do that. Whoever you are, I hope you feel really low right about now.

Bkk did not say that anyone had, I read that as he was trying to head off any issues before they occur.

Everyone who has been following this thread knows how much effort he has put into this.

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
cardcomm

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:05:46 AM

I'm stunned that someone would do that. Whoever you are, I hope you feel really low right about now.

Bkk did not say that anyone had, I read that as he was trying to head off any issues before they occur.

Everyone who has been following this thread knows how much effort he has put into this.

Yeah, you're probably right Smiley Maybe I over reacted.

BkkCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 12:32:26 AM

Yeah, you're probably right Smiley Maybe I over reacted.
No. I did get a couple paypal disputes. The first one was really odd as they ordered raspian and didn't even seem to be connected with the forum or what klondike was. Maybe just a mistake, but rather than contacting me they did a dispute. The second was genuinely giving up on it all but again opened a dispute. I'm just saying "please contact me first" rather than going down that road. I've been a 10+ year seller on ebay as well, and I know how fidgety Paypal can be. A few too many disputes and they start holding funds and treating you like a risky account.

Since my total web stores sales are not that much, and something I started up to help DIY hackers get going, rather than having to make their own boards and program their own chips, I'm ok with having to refund a portion of sales to those who have lost faith. I just don't want to bork my ability to buy / sell online. Looking back, I guess I should have stuck with btc only. It would have been safer for me.

daemondazz

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:36:38 AM

In which case, I'm disgusted too...

Isn't the first step in the PayPal dispute procedure to contact the seller... ?

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:36:55 AM

Some of us are hanging in here, regardless of ROI...   It's not about the ROI, it's about integrity and the work you put in on behalf of the community.  At least this member of the community respects those...
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 02:15:39 AM

This whole thing is one big bummer! for everyone. BKK your board design will be and still is awesome and no one knows the future. Nobody has worked so hard and so enthusiastically as you.... don' let this crap spoil your achievements, and you do deserve to be very proud of it. I know I sure would be, no matter what happens!  Smiley unfortunately we all had little choice, but to rely on ONE person, and he has let us down. Plain and simple. Perhaps he will find a way to make it up, despite the picture we see now unfolding.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
cardcomm

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:04:59 AM

I just don't want to bork my ability to buy / sell online. Looking back, I guess I should have stuck with btc only. It would have been safer for me.

Doh! Exactly what I thought.

Well, I'm for one not giving up faith. I badmouth "BitSuckCom" as much as anyone, but I still think I'll get what I wanted from mining: Fun, and MAYBE a small profit.

I'm not only going to Not Cancel my order, I actually just added to it.

BkkCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 06:41:25 AM

Small update - my wife is going to Bkk to get the K1 boards this evening. She'll pick them up tomorrow and return the next morning. So I should be shipping a lot of orders Thursday/Friday. I'll process them in order as received assuming I get the firmware tested while she's away. The only nagging problems I'll have still are shortage of SS PICS and K1 heat sink delivery. I had both those worked out weeks ago but both have not arrived as expected. The 268 PICs I had shipped have either got lost or stuck in customs. They could turn up any time or not.

The K1 heat sinks I sampled and ordered back when I put the site up have become unavailable. I've worked on substitutions but so far that's not really coming together. I could get flat aluminium and self-fabricate by cutting and bending. Another possibility is a shorter 24mm x 27mm heat sink I do have available here. Since it's not 32mm long it would need thermal adhesive for attaching rather than screws. So that's a possible backup plan.

I'm open to suggestions on the K1 heat sink. I don't really want to give up on them as it's bound to be harder for individuals to dig up something suitable. Places contacted in China via Alibaba haven't been useful either as they've required minimum 1 ton purchases - well beyond what is feasible here.

synapse

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:45:14 PM

Small update - my wife is going to Bkk to get the K1 boards this evening. She'll pick them up tomorrow and return the next morning. So I should be shipping a lot of orders Thursday/Friday. I'll process them in order as received assuming I get the firmware tested while she's away. The only nagging problems I'll have still are shortage of SS PICS and K1 heat sink delivery. I had both those worked out weeks ago but both have not arrived as expected. The 268 PICs I had shipped have either got lost or stuck in customs. They could turn up any time or not.

The K1 heat sinks I sampled and ordered back when I put the site up have become unavailable. I've worked on substitutions but so far that's not really coming together. I could get flat aluminium and self-fabricate by cutting and bending. Another possibility is a shorter 24mm x 27mm heat sink I do have available here. Since it's not 32mm long it would need thermal adhesive for attaching rather than screws. So that's a possible backup plan.

I'm open to suggestions on the K1 heat sink. I don't really want to give up on them as it's bound to be harder for individuals to dig up something suitable. Places contacted in China via Alibaba haven't been useful either as they've required minimum 1 ton purchases - well beyond what is feasible here.

I'm going to cut and drill my own k1 heatsinks from some old ones I have lying around. Shouldn't be to hard for anyone attempting to make their own

Part-time Computer Systems Engineering student - Full time Service Assurance (faults) for a large Telco.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:18:22 PM

BKK... try contacting Kev you have his email. I think he has a line on K1 heat sinks from China. I am sure he'd be willing to help.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
cardcomm

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:11:26 PM

I'm sure everyone has heard by now. There's another "update" on the Bitsuckcom website:

http://www.avalon-asics.com

"Story So Far -8/19:

chips have arrived via other routes as previously announced, we are shipping them out at the rate of 40-50k on a daily basis at the moment, in addition to the ~150k or so that went out, another 40k was shipped today. There is multiple channel which the chips are arriving from various packaging facility to minimize downtime. Please bare this in mind: while we had backup/multiple packaging companies and various delivery routes, things still will go wrong. There is also testing that must be done, then they can split, packed and sent to the EZP coupled with their CN-22 and be on their way. We will provide more update as they come. In addition, the trade-in and refunds are being processed."

Anyone know what "sent to the EZP coupled with their CN-22" means? 

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 08:03:36 PM

CN22 is a customs form where you declare the type and value of the goods.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
voxelot

Activity: 265

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:10:55 AM

If you have decided this is dragging on too long and want to cancel and get a refund, then please contact me by PM and let me know. I'll process it asap.

I have sincerely decided to wait as long it takes you to send me my boards.. you are doing an awesome job my friend and I think everyone should understand how hard you work on these designs and programming!  You still have one happy and excited customer here =D  And you can ship my boards without the K1 heat sink... I PMed about concerns of me getting my own heat sinks anyway and you do not need to refund me the money paid for the heat sink.. consider it a tip for your hard work!

Good luck Bkkcoins.
cardcomm

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:37:37 AM

CN22 is a customs form where you declare the type and value of the goods.

Thanks. I'd inferred that, but wasn't sure if I was right.

prodigits7

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:35:44 AM

Just wanted to say that you're really doing an awesome job my friend. Keep up the great work BkkCoins!
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 »
  Print  

Jump to: