Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:46:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is poloniex scamming customers  (Read 3778 times)
ranev

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 11:28:19 AM

If you define scam as; "having enough money to upgrade infrastructure to an acceptable standard and hire support staff but choosing instead to lie toes up in Acapulco while people lose money because of your lack of due dilligence" then yes, it's a scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 12:08:37 PM

I honestly don't think poloniex is a scam exchange, but they have several issues and complaints against them. I would not recommend them until they improve their customer service. Which in this industry is one of the worst. Use only if you don't mind being ignored, and be ready to wait for long periods to sort any problem with them.

if they were saying something or giving updates I wouldn't call them scam , but they are just ignoring some customers while they are processing withdrawals for others normally
this is not professional , even they aren't following the order in responding tickets

just take a look at my ticket and see its # and how many days I'm waiting for it to be solved , while other users with ticket number like 200K got paid
http://imgur.com/a/4V6Cq

Hmm. I don't see why they would want to scam you for so many, as it can hurt their exchange a shitton. Doesn't really seem to be worth it.

What's more likely is that they are lacking a lot of staff to resolve tickets. I don't think their moderation team is that big, and you can't simply appoint new staff for something as big as poloniex. That takes a lot of time and afford.

Try to contact a moderator of poloniex directly, instead of the ticket system, that might work out better for you.

yeah maybe , but when you have a lot of tickets that usually means that you have to solve them one by one in order right ??
as I noticed they are not doing that , and most people with delayed tickets such mine are from countries that can't do much against poloniex

you mentioned contacting a poloniex moderator directly , can you please tell me how to do that ?? cause AFAIK the only way to reach polo these days is thro their tickets or maybe thro twitter if they read people comments and I already did both
DaDog

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 01:47:27 PM

Ive been waiting for my withdraws to clear since 6/21 how the hell is that normal? I'm starting to think Ive been scammed. I don't have a clue as to who to contact for help!! or am I just screwed out of my life savings???
SyGambler
Legendary

guess who's back

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:06:51 PM

Ive been waiting for my withdraws to clear since 6/21 how the hell is that normal? I'm starting to think Ive been scammed. I don't have a clue as to who to contact for help!! or am I just screwed out of my life savings???

been waiting for like x4 or x5 what you are waiting for , and I have no idea if we are scammed or they will pay us with time
some one above mentioned contacting their moderator but I don't have an idea how to do that so I'm waiting for him to reply

mind sharing with me where you from ?? I'm trying to figure out if the delays have anything to do with people's countries
hallo_frosch

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:54:38 AM

Is Poloniex a scam ?
If you think that taking peoples money without doing the job and without responding to Tickets and a status verfication within 2 Month (!) -  than Yes, Poloniex is indeed a big, bad scam company stealing peoples money.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:24:08 AM

been waiting for like x4 or x5 what you are waiting for , and I have no idea if we are scammed or they will pay us with time
some one above mentioned contacting their moderator but I don't have an idea how to do that so I'm waiting for him to reply

mind sharing with me where you from ?? I'm trying to figure out if the delays have anything to do with people's countries

Not sure how to do that, I had some luck contacting moderators through the trollbox, but they removed the trollbox a couple weeks ago. Not sure how you can contact them directly now.

SyGambler
Legendary

guess who's back

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:46:01 PM

Not sure how to do that, I had some luck contacting moderators through the trollbox, but they removed the trollbox a couple weeks ago. Not sure how you can contact them directly now.

oh well I tried that long time ago before they remove the trollbox and none of their mods helped me
now some one said to me that they are kinda responding to people who are complaining on reddit , and there is a guy called Mike who is a part of poloniex is helping people , so one of my friends contacted him for me two days ago stil no answer

will update you if the reddit thing is working
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 02:56:53 AM

I'm usually one of the first ones to defend them but lately I have had issues where I've put margin bids in right before large market moves and watched the orders just disappear from the books so something is going on and they have not responded to my ticket which is a first for me.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Amevalentine

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 04:14:22 PM

oh well I tried that long time ago before they remove the trollbox and none of their mods helped me
now some one said to me that they are kinda responding to people who are complaining on reddit , and there is a guy called Mike who is a part of poloniex is helping people , so one of my friends contacted him for me two days ago stil no answer

will update you if the reddit thing is working
Nice to hear any chance of respond.
But with a tons of problem, un-solving tickets and systems problem on some bids market, etc.
Will they resolve those tons problems? I guess no, silent / no-respond and going to scam is an option will they take.
If maybe (of course less possibility) they will resolve it all, it still will happen all members on poloniex, will take action wd all them money. and wont take back there. experience is good teacher, isn't?
Can poloniex face this chaos?
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:56:47 AM

If you still have coins on poloniex, better move them to a safer place, I myself have some unsolved tickets , which the older one has been still in being processed mode for more than 40 days in spite of repeated follow-ups.

Poloniex is becoming a cryptsy. so better stay out there while they fix their issues.
SyGambler
Legendary

guess who's back

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:49:16 PM

But with a tons of problem, un-solving tickets and systems problem on some bids market, etc.
Will they resolve those tons problems? I guess no, silent / no-respond and going to scam is an option will they take.
If maybe (of course less possibility) they will resolve it all, it still will happen all members on poloniex, will take action wd all them money. and wont take back there. experience is good teacher, isn't?

still no response yet both in ticket and reddit , but hopefully there is a small chance that I can get answered in reddit
Poloniex is the worst exchange at the moment , even yobit is way better these days than polo what a shame !!
I wouldn't recommend leaving a penny there these days with this huge drama going on , some people are still having good experience with polo but most likely they are the next target

I lost trust in polo , when it takes 57 days ( and still counting ) to process a one time withdrawal with really old ticket ( #128707 ) that definitely means that something fishy is going on and an exit scam is possible
maybe they lost funds and not announcing it 
monodose

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:43:05 PM

still no response yet both in ticket and reddit , but hopefully there is a small chance that I can get answered in reddit
Poloniex is the worst exchange at the moment , even yobit is way better these days than polo what a shame !!
I wouldn't recommend leaving a penny there these days with this huge drama going on , some people are still having good experience with polo but most likely they are the next target

I lost trust in polo , when it takes 57 days ( and still counting ) to process a one time withdrawal with really old ticket ( #128707 ) that definitely means that something fishy is going on and an exit scam is possible
maybe they lost funds and not announcing it 

fully aproove your opinion dude

the same problem https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1941295.20
DrxRog

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:20:40 AM

all you pathetic defenders are a waste of space .foolish fanboys if something is not right its not right . do not try to justify anything on behalf of anyone you are not directly responsible for . you are not polo dont bloody come on the forum to defend polo you sad pathetic basterds
DrxRog

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:24:22 AM

I'm usually one of the first ones to defend them but lately I have had issues where I've put margin bids in right before large market moves and watched the orders just disappear from the books so something is going on and they have not responded to my ticket which is a first for me.
why defend them in the first place not your duty mate wtf kind of drugs are people on the internet on this days .  must be a ass lick based solvent
rifatrony5

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 04:19:01 PM

Polonix is a good exchanger, I trade there almost half year without fetching any kind of issue.

I saw some people, who reported against polonix.
But theirs issues is not valid its temporary.
silvermetal

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:22:39 PM

Polonix is a good exchanger, I trade there almost half year without fetching any kind of issue.

Sure, keep your eyes shut.

For the people who have open tickets at poloniex, maybe this a good central point to get an overview of the issues.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PoloniexForum/comments/6mmmad/i_have_made_some_contacts_maybe_we_can_learn_more/
SyGambler
Legendary

guess who's back

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 08:15:57 PM

yeah right keep doin what you doin congrats !! man I was using them for the past two years and they are literally the worst exchange these days
our issues are not valid !! they are temporary !! really man !!
been waiting for my withdrawal for 62 days now is that a temporary !! should I wait two years more till they solve the tickets issue ? or maybe I should write in my will that I have money in poloniex and  hopefully my grand children get that money in the future

stop defending them , you can't ignore all the problems that other users are facing
actually the whole thing that some users still have good experience with poloniex while others are suffering make the things even shadier

mklost

Activity: 471
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:07:51 PM

For trading poloniex its a good place but the issues are withdraws and support tickets that take so long to resolve.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:24:15 AM

why defend them in the first place not your duty mate wtf kind of drugs are people on the internet on this days .  must be a ass lick based solvent

Because you fucking retard I have been using them since day one and they have the most reliable exchange during that period until recently. There will always be faggot fudders that try to push n00bs to scam exchange by fudding good ones which it looks like you are fucktard.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:28:48 AM

yeah right keep doin what you doin congrats !! man I was using them for the past two years and they are literally the worst exchange these days
our issues are not valid !! they are temporary !! really man !!
been waiting for my withdrawal for 62 days now is that a temporary !! should I wait two years more till they solve the tickets issue ? or maybe I should write in my will that I have money in poloniex and  hopefully my grand children get that money in the future

stop defending them , you can't ignore all the problems that other users are facing
actually the whole thing that some users still have good experience with poloniex while others are suffering make the things even shadier

And that is the reason why I posted that I now believe these issues are real. You can't trust a bunch of n00b accounts posting no matter what they are saying. And they always do it without proof. So trusted members have to chime in with their experiences. It really is an obligation but these days all you see is scammers and fudders these scene has become a cesspool of the most worthless trash there is. It's no wonder so many great members have just left this site.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: