Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:57:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why profitability is going down in GPU-mining ?  (Read 1992 times)
Cereberus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:53:08 PM

I was mining Zcash with my 2 GTX 1060 and I see that even with 90% fan speed the temp of the card stays at 73-75 degree celsius. No problem with the temp as it is normal but why profitability has gone down almost 20-30% during today and yesterday in Zcash mining ? Is it because the price rise in bitcoin and everyone is jumping on to make profit from this ?
I switch to Ethereum mining but only 19 mhs maximum and 0.90 mbtc per day as profit. Hopefully the situation will improve. At hashing ethereum with same fan speed temperature drops down to 66 degree celsius and tdp consumption 76% so I guess it is the same profitability.

What do you think ?

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jamievs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:11:12 PM

Bitcoin is rising so the relative value of coins is dropping. As side effect people will sell alt coins and keep BTC untill it will stabalize
Apneal

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:17:37 PM

Yea, alts fluctuate drastically in price, there's no real prediction for mining profitability into the future, people trying to do so with difficulty predictions etc are laughable. For example, using the same setup, ETH mining is twice as profitable today as it was 6 months ago, which no one predicted.
Jdope

Activity: 747
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:20:24 PM

Altcoin market is on a frenzy today due to the btc rise, just mine Zcash and store them for a bit and you should do okay.
Cereberus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:54:21 PM

Altcoin market is on a frenzy today due to the btc rise, just mine Zcash and store them for a bit and you should do okay.

I don't like at all altcoins as cryptos but I am forced to mine them and paid in bitcoin. I am mining through Nicehash so I am getting paid directly in bitcoin. That is the coin to store for the longer term. Anyway thank you all for your help, I am waiting patiently now until profitability of altcoin mining rise again. I was about to by a used R9 280X to add to my existing setup through the riser but have refrained from doing so because of profitability going down.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Valgar

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:14:20 PM

I was about to by a used R9 280X to add to my existing setup through the riser but have refrained from doing so because of profitability going down.

I just took delivery of two Furys...
Coin++

Activity: 810
Merit: 444

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:19:08 PM

...and the difficulty is rising, no ?

My favorite faucets to earn real free bitcoins/satoshis : Moon BitCoin and Bit Fun.
You want some free AltCoins ? It's here : BCH (Bitcoin Cash) Moon BitCoinCash - DASH (Dash) Moon Dash - DOGE (DogeCoin) Moon DogeCoin - LTC (LiteCoin) Moon LiteCoin.
You want some free LBC (Lbry Credits) ? My LBC invite : Lbry.tv - LBC (Lbry Credits).
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 01:14:29 AM

Mining altcoins will always have fluctuation of profitability, it's a guaranteed part of the process. Hold your cards tight to your chest and play the long game. Smiley
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:36:48 AM

Profitability is dropping? Are you joking?

Or did you start mining 4 weeks ago

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:16:18 AM

I was start minning couple months ago.
no1blue

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:46:00 AM

Mining eth when it 45$ now it 90$ profit drop Huh
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:17:25 AM

For everybody complaining right now saying that mining is not profitable wait until you start making only 25% of what you are making now.

Which is pretty much what it was at the beginning of the year.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Pennywis3

Activity: 327

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:38:43 AM

For everybody complaining right now saying that mining is not profitable wait until you start making only 25% of what you are making now.

Exactly, it was about 1$/day per card in ETH ( RX 470/480 ).
Now its like more than 3 times that.

Im still doing my calculations at 1$/day because this alt bubble is gonna burst and many people gonna get a reality check very fast  Cheesy

But, its realy nice atm, we all gonna roi a lot faster because of this bubble hehe.
Vaccinus

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:01:14 AM

the liquidity is now much higher than before there is no returning back to what it was, bitcoin increased a lot for this reason, i think the value of all the altcoin will increase more in the future, more average joe are investing in this new market

thespycry

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:32:13 AM

That's exactly what I said to my friend.. you earned 5 likes from me Smiley)
Cubirez

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:06:53 AM

I was mining Zcash with my 2 GTX 1060 and I see that even with 90% fan speed the temp of the card stays at 73-75 degree celsius. No problem with the temp as it is normal but why profitability has gone down almost 20-30% during today and yesterday in Zcash mining ? Is it because the price rise in bitcoin and everyone is jumping on to make profit from this ?
I switch to Ethereum mining but only 19 mhs maximum and 0.90 mbtc per day as profit. Hopefully the situation will improve. At hashing ethereum with same fan speed temperature drops down to 66 degree celsius and tdp consumption 76% so I guess it is the same profitability.

What do you think ?

After a huge increase of the prices of the altcoins like we had over the last weeks, it's pretty normal that the profitability starts to decrease again :
Mining is currently so profitable that lots of people are setting up rig, thus increasing the overall mininf difficulty and reducing profits.

However mining profitability is relative to the unit you mesure it with.

A few months ago, eth mining profitability was about 20 USD / month for a Rx470, atm we are about 80 USD /month. However back then you would mine much more eth/month than currently. So if you chose to hold the eth, your profit was in fact much higher a few months ago than it is now o_O
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:15:26 AM

What do you think ?

After a huge increase of the prices of the altcoins like we had over the last weeks, it's pretty normal that the profitability starts to decrease again :
Mining is currently so profitable that lots of people are setting up rig, thus increasing the overall mininf difficulty and reducing profits.

However mining profitability is relative to the unit you mesure it with.

A few months ago, eth mining profitability was about 20 USD / month for a Rx470, atm we are about 80 USD /month. However back then you would mine much more eth/month than currently. So if you chose to hold the eth, your profit was in fact much higher a few months ago than it is now o_O

That's a big truth, but no one was aware of the future.
You would have made almost the same amount of money just buying ETH at that time.
spyshagg

Activity: 176

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:01:39 AM

I am more worried about what will happen after ETH goes POS. 

25 Th/s of computing power suddenly going to other gpu alt coins will destroy their current difficulty/profits.
Batmain

Activity: 151

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:20:29 AM

25 Th/s of computing power suddenly going to other gpu alt coins will destroy their current difficulty/profits.

The ETH will go to PoS gradually. It will take many years.

Vaccinus

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:40:51 AM

there is ETC which will help, maybe ETC will go boom like ethereum and can give an hand to other coins with the hashrate from original ETH

The ETH will go to PoS gradually. It will take many years.

they said they are at 75% to have pos, i don't think 25% will take many years

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: