Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:44:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Requesting guidance on new altcoins, smart contracts, etc  (Read 527 times)
Continuous (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:32:57 PM

Hello,

I know I've posted a similar topic a few days ago but I'm again requesting guidance.

Bitcoin and start-ups related to it are a market on a huge huge ascending.

I've been going through Bitcointalk and I've been seeing a lot of new projects - either related to smart contracts, new altcoins being released, etc ..

I've been growing a lot of interest into these type of subjects and on the future I'd be looking at creating a start-up revolving these subjects (bitcoin, smart contracts, blockchain, new altcoins, etc ..).

Now what I'd truly like to ask for guidance in is:

- Altcoins - I've seen so many of these come out lately. Is there anything new about each of them or are many of them truly similar ? What should I be studying, theory and technical wise to build a good and stable coin ? Which aspects should I be looking into?

- Smart contracts - Haven't read many about these but where should I turn myself to learn about smart contracts ? What are these, truly ?

- Blockchain - A lot of projects are coming out revolving around Blockchain lately and I have a few ideas I could apply using it. Where should I turn myself?

Thanks a lot for reading and help is always truly appreciated!
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lontongmie

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 12:56:03 AM

To be honest, the market is extremely saturated right now. You should focus your efforts on maybe investing in a young alt-coin (TORcoin is a good one, check my signature), or on buying shares in young companies.

Continuous (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:20:27 AM

To be honest, the market is extremely saturated right now. You should focus your efforts on maybe investing in a young alt-coin (TORcoin is a good one, check my signature), or on buying shares in young companies.

It could be but I have a few ideas on my mind I know I could try and hopefully succeed with the right knowledge.

It isn't saturated enough yet, it's saturated of projects that are either equal or add nothing new to the table.

Thank you!
Lontongmie

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:22:46 AM

In that case, why don't you make the following service: A microtip platform, that allows people to tip users on reddit, on here, etc. Basically, users could deposit an altcoin or BTC onto your platform. Altcoins would be converted into BTC, and you can charge a slight fee for that. Users could then use the coins on your platform to tip others using your platform. This will make small tips like .0002 practical again. If my idea is good, please tip the addy on my profile  Smiley

Continuous (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:02:53 AM

In that case, why don't you make the following service: A microtip platform, that allows people to tip users on reddit, on here, etc. Basically, users could deposit an altcoin or BTC onto your platform. Altcoins would be converted into BTC, and you can charge a slight fee for that. Users could then use the coins on your platform to tip others using your platform. This will make small tips like .0002 practical again. If my idea is good, please tip the addy on my profile  Smiley

This has already existed on the past and it didn't go that well as far as I know.

https://www.reddit.com/r/changetip/

This was it.
Lontongmie

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:05:44 AM

This has already existed on the past and it didn't go that well as far as I know.

https://www.reddit.com/r/changetip/

This was it.
yes, it failed because it did not support altcoins. Theymos himself is advocating for such a feature however, so there is clearly a need for it. I can direct you to his thread if you are interested in reading it. Just shoot me a PM or reply here and I will PM it to you
  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: