Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:18:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account closed by Bithumb and $400 DASH lost.  (Read 3864 times)
entelechy (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:39:06 AM

Yesterday I had an account at Bithumb which had been open for 2 days closed just after I purchased $400 of Dash, locking me out of it, as well as the account being deleted and there being no way to re-access the account.  I lost $400, and although I have sent over 50 emails back and forth with Bithumb, I have not received the Dash back, or had the account reopened.  Bithumb are saying that my account never existed, however I have the registration email from that account, along with another 20 emails that were sent to my email address relating to that account upon withdrawing and selling any currency there.

Anyone who doubts that the validity of this for any reason is welcome to see the emails I have received, and screenshots that I have saved.

I'm putting this here to as for advice, and also to warn others that this has happened to me.  The higher sale value of Bitcoin at Bithumb has proven to be the thing that lead to me losing money yesterday.  I'm glad I only lost $400 worth of Dash and not the kind of money that a lot of others trade each day.

I'm hoping that there is some positive resolution to this, although at the moment it's looking like I have just been ripped off.  I'm still speaking with Bithumb, but am being told that an account that I obviously know did exist didn't exist.. along with the $400 of crypto that was sat in that account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptokorea

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:48:01 PM

Could you upload the capture of the registration email here?
I want to take a look at it.
entelechy (OP)

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 10:48:39 PM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the messages of support.  I really was just hoping to draw some attention to this, to warn others and to get some advice.  But having so many people here post really has been nice to see.  I didn't post anything for the last week as I'm a full time student in the middle of exam period, and also have been waiting to see how my correspondence with Bithumb.  Since I last posted this Bithumb has now completely ignored me for the last 5 or 6 days, even though I've sent through a handful of emails asking them to resolve the situation.

What is even worse, almost to a laughable level if it didn't mean what I know it means, is that 11 hours after I sent the details of the Dash wallet that is containing my "missing" coins, that wallet was emptied!  Bear in mind that for 3 days that wallet had sat without being touched since I made the purchase at their exchange and the account was instantly closed straight after.  Then after 3 days of me trying to get them to explain wtf had happened and reimburse me for the Dash that had been stolen, I went through the Dash blockchain to find the wallet address, provided it to them (because they asked for it and told me that they would get my Dash back if I had the wallet address), and then 11 hours afterwards the wallet which had been quietly sat there for days was then emptied.  Most importantly, since that happened Bithumb has completely 100% ignored my emails, even though before that they were at least sending back half-assed one sentence emails.

I've got the day off from study today, and I want to make all information that I have public here to help other people, and hopefully to cost Bithumb more money than they've stolen from me.  The opportunity to sell BTC at a higher price there and then buy other cryptos is what lured me into this, and I'm guessing that being such a relatively small amount of money and me being in a different country all together has lead to this situation for me.  I can imagine others getting into similar situations at Bithumb and it would be great to know that someone else might not feel like I feel right now by making the same mistake.

Give me a few hours and I'll get everything together and post as much as I can here.  Thanks again for support!
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:36:51 PM

it's a very bad situation. I hope you recover.
if not, any other coins you can cover it. my wishes may good luck be with you.
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 06:21:42 AM

I would advise against using Bitthumb if you have a choice.  Korbit or Coinone are good exchanges to buy bitcoin in Korea.  Bitthumb, by their own choice, is not transparent about their operations.
napkeng

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:39:01 PM

Let me ask for less satoshi. I can not eat too much. This is my wallet 1FwTZore6N5Q6E9QPKjZcn1YNEw9zHkxwJ. Thank you first
raxxxy

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:43:13 PM

Bithumb is getting bad reputation on its recent operation related with the opening of Ripple, Ethereum Classic.

I should have not use it...

Wish you recover the loss.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: