Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:55:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What percentage of global population are using or have at least 1 satoshi?  (Read 2192 times)
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:57:01 PM

At Christmas I explained to my Dad that I have Bitcoin, he had no idea what it was, how much it was worth, or what it is for!  It would be good to get some real information out there to people. I think in Switzerland it must be better explained if you can pay on the trains with Bitcoin, otherwise no one would know how to do it!
You are right, information is the key of bitcoin success. I met new people all the time. To my surprise most of them never even heard about Bitcoin.
If more people knew we would have reached the moon already due to increased demand for bitcoin.

I don't think that Switzerland is really that bitcoin-advanced, I haven't been there to see it myself but it more or less the same anywhere, bitcoin is viewed as fancy virtual money for nerds.
Most of Swiss people probably ignores bitcoin payments whatsoever.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:33:49 PM

At Christmas I explained to my Dad that I have Bitcoin, he had no idea what it was, how much it was worth, or what it is for!  It would be good to get some real information out there to people. I think in Switzerland it must be better explained if you can pay on the trains with Bitcoin, otherwise no one would know how to do it!
You are right, information is the key of bitcoin success. I met new people all the time. To my surprise most of them never even heard about Bitcoin.
If more people knew we would have reached the moon already due to increased demand for bitcoin.

I don't think that Switzerland is really that bitcoin-advanced, I haven't been there to see it myself but it more or less the same anywhere, bitcoin is viewed as fancy virtual money for nerds.
In addition to the information or awareness about the bitcoin, bitcoin itself also need the scalability proved. Unfortunately that is not the case so far. It would be real nice to see bitcoin getting all scalability and other features as well. Lets hope that As time passes by bitcoin acquire those in short timespan.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:09:04 PM

I wonder as of today how big or small is the penetration of BTC among the global population, in order to realise how much can the price of BTC can grow as more people is using it.

Does anyone know how many people or a % of the global population is using BTC???

This type of thread was discussed months or years (I guess) ago and there is a just conclusion, NO ONE KNOWS. It is highly impossible to know how many really has/uses bitcoin. All you can get is an approximate that no one can justify and no one can even know how accurate the approximate was.

Currently, Bitcoin's price is over the top and in relation to the number of users, it is directly proportional so the number is increasing. We have Japan, Russia, Australia. The only thing we can say is the total number of people using bitcoin is constantly increasing.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:16:44 PM

At best I've been hearing articles about stuff happening in Switzerland, never heard about anything new from the people that I know in the EU, or at least they don't see enough of it to really care about any changes they are making. There's a high likelihood that they're rolling them out slowly if they are major, but for a good portion of the people I know they know nothing about it from their friends or relatives.
Btcturk

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:21:29 PM

It's probably around %0.1 of the total population, I guess.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:42:42 PM

I was saying in the other thread, that I think the population of bitcoin users is about 0,1%, which makes it 1 in a 1000 people in the world and 7 milion people in general.

That number is misleading because I think that in highly developed countries, with people having amassed wealth, the number of users may vary from 1% to even 5 %.

Why Im coming up with the 5% number? Because 5% is a number of statistical importancy that the buisness owners must take into account such a number of costumers, and in some countries bitcoin costumers are kind of important.

In city where I live I would estimate that there are 0.5% of bitcoin users. In London or San Francisco I would say the number is close to 5%.

I am sorry but you are confused with the significance level a=0.05. It's a common way to reject or not your null hypothesis, but there and other levels like as .1 and 0.01. Therefore this is not a way to find out how many are the bitcoin users but may be we can find how many wallets. I do not know if it really is worth it because the number of users is extremely volatile and I feel that we are very close at some point to see a boom.
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:20:27 PM

i think it is around 2-3 percent of the worlds population. that makes the user base around 210million

Whoa! Seriously?

That statistics/guess is so over the top man. How did you come in that exaggerated conclusion? 1% is still very high, even half of it is still very high. Though we experience an outstanding increase in bitcoin's price, your number is just tooooo much. Just be realistic at think about reality (LOL).

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 02:44:23 AM

I wonder as of today how big or small is the penetration of BTC among the global population, in order to realise how much can the price of BTC can grow as more people is using it.

Does anyone know how many people or a % of the global population is using BTC???

It is quite impossible to analyse the total number of people using bitcoin because you can obviously create as many bitcoin wallets as you want to. So it's no use analysing how many active bitcoin addresses there are because it just doesn't make sense at all.

I'd say at least a million people use bitcoin, maybe even more.

That is a tiny figure compared to the whole population of course, but it's still a big improvement from a few years ago.
Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:25:42 AM

The population of bitcoin around the world is just small. In 7 billion people in the world only 100 million are user of bitcoin,1.4% or 1:70. But if its continuously increase the investor/countries I think in year 2020 the percentages will increase. Also government used this for busines, not for earning money but use for payment transactions.

But to like the bitcoin in dollar they need first to make more advantages in the market. Since dollar and bitcoin price is not stable the bitcoin has a big disadvantages /big prices differnce when it pump.

Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 05:47:14 AM

this is difficult questions that if we compare from whole populations people in the world all of bitcoin users only have small part but i think there is no exact datas which is provide more informations about these questions because i think the amount of bitcoin transactions Cannot be a benchmark the populations of bitcoin users and usually each people have more than 1 different bitcoin wallet
jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 05:54:48 AM

I read somewhere that it is lower than 0.2% , it is bad percentage, but I believe this percentage will grow fast with the governments recognition. Blockchain technology looks like the internet before the 21st century as many experts said.
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 805

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 06:01:26 AM

I read somewhere that it is lower than 0.2% , it is bad percentage, but I believe this percentage will grow fast with the governments recognition. Blockchain technology looks like the internet before the 21st century as many experts said.

I don't know on what is the real statistic about that but that figure is very awfull to see but maybe it is true since theirs a part of the world who doesn't reach by New technology what we learned by now and also our oldies are not so techie enough to learn about this coin existence. But Im sure that statistics of bitcoins user will rise as years pass since i already see some young guns learning on how to earn bitcoins online.

davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 905

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 06:07:24 AM

Less than 0,1%.I don`t think that more than 5 million people in the world use bitcoin.
There is still huge potential  for bitcoin to grow and get adopted by millions.
I don`t know about people having only 1 satoshi?
Maybe somplete newbies and faucet users have that amount. Grin

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 06:27:26 AM

It's probably around %0.1 of the total population, I guess.

which make more sense now with this price grow and after all the japanese that are using it extensively, the rpeviously estimate was considered at least to be around 1M users and up to 3M

therefore having now 7M would be about right, surely this should match the price increase, if another spike will occur you know there are more new people buying
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:28:00 AM

I think the population of bitcoin user as of now is less than 1% . For me its my calculation only I think the bitcoin user is now 5 millions and thats very low because the population they have in the whole world is 7 billion people. I think after 1 decades maybe the population or percentage of bitcoin user is now 1% and still growing everyear. I think all bitcoin user have 1 satoshi even if they started today using faucet they will earn some satoshi only.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 08:23:59 AM

It's impossible to know for sure, friend. Knowing from the number of wallets? That's impossible because one person can have lots of wallet. I think the population of people using bitcoin is still small, probably not more than 20%. Seeing bitcoin is new and not yet 10 years old so still needs adjustment and takes time for people to start using it. But I'm sure that the percentage of the population of people who use bitcoin every year continues to grow, this can be seen from many countries that accept bitcoin and the increasing number of bitcoin adoption. For a certain percentage or number of bitcoin users in the world it maybe difficult to know.

20%? Thats very generous of you. Its only around 1%. But thats not a bad figure considering its new and still growing. It also isnt legal which could be one cause of the slow growth rate.
JENREM

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 08:49:42 AM

It is pretty impossible to tell the exact number. But I don't think it is any more than 1% (70 millions) of the world's population.
So, you don't need to worry, Bitcoin has much to climb as it is just a starting. Wink
I joined to bitcoin world a year ago and that time all sources that I was reading showed that 15 of people use bitcoin. I think now this number is much higher, cause of bitcoin became very popular since that time. Bitcoin's popularity is growing fast, together with it's price. I suppose the number of people who use bitcoin is hard to be counted, cause of it's growing day by day. But I suppose today it's something like 5%.

you have a point @webtricks. we can even exceed that 1% but not more than even 2% as of the moment.
 and to @Taki, i 5% is TOO HIGH! even for the fact that bitcoin is becoming more and more popular these days but that doesnt mean that 5% of the worlds population has atleast 1 satoshis.. i dont think so.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 03:33:40 PM

It's impossible to know for sure, friend. Knowing from the number of wallets? That's impossible because one person can have lots of wallet. I think the population of people using bitcoin is still small, probably not more than 20%. Seeing bitcoin is new and not yet 10 years old so still needs adjustment and takes time for people to start using it. But I'm sure that the percentage of the population of people who use bitcoin every year continues to grow, this can be seen from many countries that accept bitcoin and the increasing number of bitcoin adoption. For a certain percentage or number of bitcoin users in the world it maybe difficult to know.

20%? Thats very generous of you. Its only around 1%. But thats not a bad figure considering its new and still growing. It also isnt legal which could be one cause of the slow growth rate.
I say no more than 20%, 1% is not more than 20% so there is nothing wrong with my saying Cheesy Bitcoin users around the world are still a little but I think now is starting to increase and definitely more than 1%. It is difficult to determine the percentage of bitcoin users around the world because there is nothing to set or does not have a central office.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:39:14 AM

I say no more than 20%, 1% is not more than 20% so there is nothing wrong with my saying Cheesy Bitcoin users around the world are still a little but I think now is starting to increase and definitely more than 1%. It is difficult to determine the percentage of bitcoin users around the world because there is nothing to set or does not have a central office.

You can reason all you want but the fact the you started with no more than 20% means you thought it could reach 20% which is way off to reality. It shows that you didnt think much about it and threw a random number that felt right for you.

The world population is around 7b. 1% of that is 70 million. I dont think the total number of BTC users can reach that. Maybe it can but it wont be over that by much.
KingAzir

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:54:32 AM

How do fee transaction work when we use 1 satoshi to transfer to another wallet?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: