Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:29:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Netcodepool.org - LTC Pool - Best Community, Lowest Stales, Prizes!  (Read 8712 times)
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:17:51 PM

Bump for the best place to mine.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:24:42 PM

Thanks Vivisector!

Morning Bump~
NetcodePool (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:22:47 AM

Just wanted to quickly update all of you on whats going on with the pool. Exciting times are ahead at netcodepool =). First, we are going to begin rolling out some MAJOR backend changes over the next few weeks(first of these changes is planned to go live this weekend, stay tuned for more details!). We have been working on quite a few improvements to the stratum server/mmcfe/share handling as well as developing our own proxy for handling multiple stratum servers/coins.

Our proxy is very close to complete and after seeing it in action I can say with confidence that our proxy is the most advanced, quickest, and most flexible pool server proxy out there. We will be able to do some very unique things with the pool once the proxy is in place. In addition to the pool proxy we have been very busy totally reworking the share handling and stats side of mmcfe. The current share handling/mmcfe batch processing scripts are very inefficient and represent a major bottleneck to pool growth.

While the share handling/mmcfe script rework will probably need a few more weeks before launching, we are far enough along in the development that I can give you guys an idea as to the improvement it represents over our current system. We have been running tests on the box using the new share handling system in parallel to the existing mmcfe batch share processing system. We were able to clone and process 100x our current share stream in real time using significantly less resources than the current system. This means we were handling the equivalent of 40gh/s of 64 diff shares. This was without any sort of vardiff enabled!

Finally, I have been contacted by a few users asking if our pool is vulnerable to the kind of payout glitch that recently hit hypernova. Rest assured, we have policies and processes in place that prevent this and other glitches from resulting in a catastrophic loss of user coins. Having said that, we encourage all of our users to withdraw regularly and not to use the pool as their wallet.

p.s. new promos/giveaways coming soon =)!

netcodepool.org
atp1916
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:49:49 PM

Bump!

Introducing our newest LTC GiveAway!

atp1916
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:01:53 AM

Krypto Combat full. 

Hop onto the justinTV feed to watch the fun though, it's gonna be a riot!

atp1916
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:14:45 AM

Morning Bump

Lineups  / Matchups done for Krypto Kombat.

http://forum.netcodepool.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=455&pid=2825#pid2825
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 03:07:27 PM

I wouldn't recommend mining at this pool, I used to mine there, but honestly there are better LTC mining pool alternatives.

That isn't what turned me off though. What did it was that in their forum they opened a topic about how they're developing a Litecoin FPGA. The thread was extremely shady looking, absolutely no proof of anything, just lots of promises in text and of course they're raising money for developing it, over 300LTC worth so far. I then posted in the topic "I'm not sure if this is trolling, or serious" because Scrypt is developed to be ASIC and FPGA proof. If one was created for Scrypt it would require lots of memory, which is something ASICs and FPGAs don't offer. A "project developer" then replied with "How can a thread be trolling?" I then replied with "Your concept design is a hot swap enclosure with your logo pasted on top of it" which is the only real "proof" they have of their creation on their website. I was then promptly banned.

That's not all they've done, they take advantage of bad situations. Ex. when Hypernova lost nearly all their funds, in the Reddit topic netcodepool pops in and basically says "What a shame, at least our pool is working right and everyone pool-less now should join it" which shows that netcode doesn't want diversity in the LTC network, which is what keeps the network alive. I would definitely stay away from this pool, their payment methods are a bit shady as well. I wasn't paid for over 15,000 shares of work (which is 3+ hours of mining) and when I asked why, they replied with "you only get paid for when you're actively mining." So if you stop mining but still have a large unpaid share rate, those shares will have all gone to waste.
mindragon

Activity: 173

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:20:06 AM

I wouldn't recommend mining at this pool, I used to mine there, but honestly there are better LTC mining pool alternatives.

That isn't what turned me off though. What did it was that in their forum they opened a topic about how they're developing a Litecoin FPGA. The thread was extremely shady looking, absolutely no proof of anything, just lots of promises in text and of course they're raising money for developing it, over 300LTC worth so far. I then posted in the topic "I'm not sure if this is trolling, or serious" because Scrypt is developed to be ASIC and FPGA proof. If one was created for Scrypt it would require lots of memory, which is something ASICs and FPGAs don't offer. A "project developer" then replied with "How can a thread be trolling?" I then replied with "Your concept design is a hot swap enclosure with your logo pasted on top of it" which is the only real "proof" they have of their creation on their website. I was then promptly banned.

That's not all they've done, they take advantage of bad situations. Ex. when Hypernova lost nearly all their funds, in the Reddit topic netcodepool pops in and basically says "What a shame, at least our pool is working right and everyone pool-less now should join it" which shows that netcode doesn't want diversity in the LTC network, which is what keeps the network alive. I would definitely stay away from this pool, their payment methods are a bit shady as well. I wasn't paid for over 15,000 shares of work (which is 3+ hours of mining) and when I asked why, they replied with "you only get paid for when you're actively mining." So if you stop mining but still have a large unpaid share rate, those shares will have all gone to waste.

Wow. Troll much?

I've been on Net Code Pool for a long while and I have had no issues at all. Some member on there is trying to develop a Litecoin FPGA...If you are interested, great contact them. If not, don't contact them. It's that simple. You can go on MCXNOW, Cryptsy and even on here BitCoinTalk and hear all manner of amazing things going on. It doesn't mean that the owners of those pools / websites are involved in anything. Just that member of the forum that is talking about it is involved with that activity. Your argument meets the fallacy of applying a specific to a generality.

Next, with regard to Hypernova, I personally LOST 7 LTC to Hypernova that I still haven't received. That is why I was pissed at them and I posted that comment that is taken way out of context. I went to NetCodePool because, to this day, I've been paid for all the work that I've done on the pool. Furthermore, they have an active community, contests and things like that. When members have mining problems, one or more of the pool members actively jump in and try to help. So for those reasons, I wanted to share with other people that were previously mining on Hypernova that maybe NCP is worth a look. There are plenty of pools to choose from and it's not like I was saying "EVERYONE JOIN NCP NAOOOO!". It's more like...if you were screwed by Hypernova, consider NCP as I have. The reasons that I was suggesting it is because they seem really legit and responsive. Compared to Hypernova where (as I said) I lost 7 LTC.

So, I would take your griping and complaints with a complete grain of salt as it seems to be not based on any truth. Just trolling.

MD
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 01:39:26 AM

Wow. Troll much?

I've been on Net Code Pool for a long while and I have had no issues at all. Some member on there is trying to develop a Litecoin FPGA...If you are interested, great contact them. If not, don't contact them. It's that simple. You can go on MCXNOW, Cryptsy and even on here BitCoinTalk and hear all manner of amazing things going on. It doesn't mean that the owners of those pools / websites are involved in anything. Just that member of the forum that is talking about it is involved with that activity. Your argument meets the fallacy of applying a specific to a generality.

Next, with regard to Hypernova, I personally LOST 7 LTC to Hypernova that I still haven't received. That is why I was pissed at them and I posted that comment that is taken way out of context. I went to NetCodePool because, to this day, I've been paid for all the work that I've done on the pool. Furthermore, they have an active community, contests and things like that. When members have mining problems, one or more of the pool members actively jump in and try to help. So for those reasons, I wanted to share with other people that were previously mining on Hypernova that maybe NCP is worth a look. There are plenty of pools to choose from and it's not like I was saying "EVERYONE JOIN NCP NAOOOO!". It's more like...if you were screwed by Hypernova, consider NCP as I have. The reasons that I was suggesting it is because they seem really legit and responsive. Compared to Hypernova where (as I said) I lost 7 LTC.

So, I would take your griping and complaints with a complete grain of salt as it seems to be not based on any truth. Just trolling.

MD
I mined at netcodepool for over 3 months. In regards to their FPGA, I just found it extremely sketchy that netcode basically said "it's a work in progress but the more LTC you give us the faster it'll go!" Little do people realize, that if they truly are developing an FPGA for Litecoins and other scrypt, they could take a loan from a bank or similar. If it's real they'd easily pay back their loan with sales, plus make huge amounts of money with their product. Why aren't they doing this? Also as I said, their proof of concept is a hot swap bay enclosure. That's an absolute joke. There is absolutely NO evidence that they're developing this FPGA, yet they're asking for donations to "speed up the process". They don't have a website for their FPGA brand either - it's all run from the forum topic. That screams scam. If that isn't truth, I sure don't know what is truth.
atp1916
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:12:27 AM

Announcing Krypto Kombat II!

Spots are open.  Sign up here!
atp1916
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:43:17 AM

Bump for da coolest pool of them all  Wink
clock27

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 06:24:07 PM

im very happy with this pool Smiley have made a few LTC from mining with them Smiley

Mevius

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:49:36 AM

I've joined this pool today after hearing some good things about it! Looks all good so far!

Een goeie tukker is geen motherfucker!
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:42:51 PM

I have been mining with them for many months now.  It's a great pool.  Have never had a problem with payments, and they do alot to help everyone adjust their miners, and help out when people are having problems.  Something I have not found on any other Pool I have been in (Tried 2 other LTC pools, and a boatload of other Alt-coin pools, and a 2 BTC ones (From before the ASICS came and destroyed the network for us GPU miners)).

They also have had quite a few contests in the past, giving away LTC, Silver bars, and even a Video Card.  Something I have never seen from any other pool.

As for the Scrypt FPGA thread.  I just looked that one up.  It wasn't anything to do with the NetCode Pool.  It was a thread made by one of the members, who is no longer a member of Netcode Pool.  And you can see piles of threads even on this site where people are looking for donations to make a Scrypt ASIC.  No bank will ever touch something like this.  I personally don't want ASIC's to come to Scrypt, so I never gave him anything for the project. 

They are currently working on making the Pool a Multi-coin pool, which I am looking forward to, as I occasionally mine a few other alt coins (Bottlecaps, MEC, DGC, CGB).  But I guess I will have to wait and see on that one, as that project seems a bit stalled atm.

And no I am not part of the Netcode team, just a happy user/member.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
NetcodePool (OP)

Activity: 147

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:01:41 AM

We will hold the raffle in chat on Dec 21 and we plan to have other prizes... game codes, ltc, etc. Grand prize will be the 290 =) This baby pulls over 840+ hashrate!!! Sold out just about everywhere!

For full details please see this thread

http://forum.netcodepool.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=617&pid=3579#pid3579

netcodepool.org
ajax3592

Activity: 210

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:47:33 PM

■ Update: Upgraded to enterprise servers with https(ssl) and now DDoS protected by Cloudflare and Staminus! ■

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: