Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:29:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking: Ripple to decentralize XRP more then Bitcoin & also do it much Better  (Read 8389 times)
randomdude

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:58:22 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2017, 03:40:33 PM by randomdude

you should try thinking for yourself instead of using FUD copy pasta.
Oh ignore trolls like that my friend. Their misinformation campaign has backfired and lost.
YOU are a large scam... and your trolling group whoever PAID you to come here and type a bunch of crap, without any proof.

I did my own thinking and I'm not part of any "higher-level" fud campaign. Neither do I support or endorse any shitcoins for that matter. Now let me rephrase:

Bitcoin* has a real potential to change the world. It came out of nowhere some years ago and said - look, people can now send monetary value to each other without trusting each other and without requiring a trusted third-party to settle their transactions. This is huge. Bitcoin delivers on this promise and slowly but surely democratizes our financial systems, making them both global and censorship-resistent. It takes the banks out of business because we now have the means to store our coins on our own private devices (laptops, mobile phones, etc) and transact with each other without a trusted intermediary.

Now what about Ripple? Here's the deal - you don't store your coins anymore. You gotta trust Ripple. Your money is on their servers. Just as your bank next door. The server code is closed source. Forget about transparency and "utopian" ideals. We know better how to do it. Let us handle your money. We're using "blockchain" technology Wink Nevermind it's privately owned, privately controlled, closed source and thus prone to politically-influenced censorship. That doesn't matter. Because we're certain that Santander, Google, SBI Group are there to serve our best interests. All of them are not-for-profit organizations with a sole mission to make the world a better place. But too much talk already. Let's catch the next pump wave with them and get rich.

Capische?

* When I mention Bitcoin above, feel free to replace it with any other cryptocurrency that stands by the same core values: open, global, borderless, transnational, distributed, trustless, censorship-resistent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
f0rmdeep (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:19:13 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2017, 05:46:59 PM by f0rmdeep

Oh ignore trolls like that my friend. Their misinformation campaign has backfired and lost.
YOU are a large scam... and your trolling group whoever PAID you to come here and type a bunch of crap, without any proof.

I did my own thinking and I'm not part of any "higher-level" fud campaign. Neither do I support or endorse any shitcoins for that matter. Now let me rephrase:

Bitcoin* has a real potential to change the world. It came out of nowhere some years ago and said - look, people can now send monetary value to each other without trusting each other and without requiring a trusted third-party to settle their transactions. This is huge. Bitcoin delivers on this promise and slowly but surely democratizes our financial systems, making them both global and censorship-resistent. It takes the banks out of business because we now have the means to store our coins on our own private devices (laptops, mobile phones, etc) and transact with each other without a trusted intermediary.

Now what about Ripple? Here's the deal - you don't store your coins anymore. You gotta trust Ripple. Your money is on their servers. Just as your bank next door. The server code is closed source. Forget about transparency and "utopian" ideals. We know better how to do it. Let us handle your money. We're using "blockchain" technology Wink Nevermind it's privately owned, privately controlled, closed source and thus prone to politically-influenced censorship. That doesn't matter. Because we're certain that Santander, Google, SBI Group are there to serve our best interests. All of them are not-for-profit organizations with a sole mission to make the world a better place. But too much talk already. Let's catch the next pump wave with them and get rich.

Capische?

* When I mention Bitcoin above, feel free to replace it with any other cryptocurrency that stands by the same core values: open, global, borderless, transnational, distributed, trustless, censorship-resistent.

okie none of the points you made about Ripple stand. they don't store it, you store it on a wallet. RCL  cannot be compromised with a decentralized attack and transaction reversal. Add to that even when one of the founder Jed tried to dump and run - they could not cease his funds using their servers, instead they had to get a court order to freeze his account on bitstamp.

So what are you talking about .. have you read anything or have you picked up stuff here and there.. ? You shoudl provide links and proofs to prove your point.

And what censor freedom are you talking about, ever heard of KYC ? without KYC the only thing you can do is send money to and from your friends who trust you ... Go to any exchange, buy anything, try anything, you will need KYC, regulation will tie every wallet to every person who owns it...

unregulated wallets can only do so much... So ?

Atleast ripple was "realistic" from the very beginning. You are the kind who will run to mountain when forest is sick and pretend forest no more exists... You dont solve problems by dismissing the system ... the actual solution is harder because it requires reforming the system

Ripple is doing that and now everyone is recognizing. Governments are working with them, central banks and institutions alike.

By the way, you have so much study to do, so i guess some "Capische" will help you... besides i myself love bitcoin, its the insecure trolls afraid of evolution and insecure - glad to know you are not one of them...

but anyways... a transaction currency which allows anyone to send even small values wit very low fees, and perform a fully legal settlement across all layers has its own value... It does not take hours ( and now days ) for confirmations ...

the problem if you and your kind pretend no more evolution can happen. while we think evolution is a constant thing.... ripple is fundamentally differant and dont think will replace bitcoin, but some better bitcoin will ... bitcoin burns all that kilowatts for nothing... pow is just human mind illusion .... But now ethereum at least uses the same electricity and cycles for execution of code of your choice.. now boscoin is coming that makes it even better by making the outcomes guaranteed... go figure .. . good luck
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:23:06 PM

As for any other non-major altcoins, if they don't have a registered company and regulatory license, which can be used to sue them on fraud, i don't trust them. regulation has its place, humans are descendants of curious ancestors... good luck trying to think your word-of-mouth regulation free market will never be cheated upon ...

btw i asked you, have you been able to repay everything to everyone form Mt Gox and Cryptsy yet ?
randomdude

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 12:22:07 PM

none of the points you made about Ripple stand. they don't store it, you store it on a wallet.
There is no offline Ripple wallet as far as I'm aware. Let me quote from gatehub.net: "We enable financial institutions to act as a Ripple gateway without having to worry about technology." Please point me to a client app that I can download on my local machine and use Ripple without having to trust a third-party or a "gateway". Maybe I missed it.

Or maybe there isn't such an app (?!) Well that would be equivalent of saying "let us handle your money for you". And that's the exact opposite of what bitcoin tries to achieve.

So what are you talking about .. have you read anything or have you picked up stuff here and there.. ?
I've read Satoshi's paper back in 2011. I'm confident I understand most of the building blocks of the Bitcoin network.

And what censor freedom are you talking about, ever heard of KYC ?
Ever heard of privacy?

Atleast ripple was "realistic" from the very beginning. You are the kind who will run to mountain when forest is sick and pretend forest no more exists... You dont solve problems by dismissing the system ... the actual solution is harder because it requires reforming the system
Nope. Reforming the system needs to address the core principles that makes it prone to systemic corruption. Ripple leaves the existing principles untouched and disguises the so-called revolution into "breakthrough" technology. Yet the way they're using the technology won't change anything in the economic landscape, if you ask me. It will get the banks a shinier makeup to stay in the same business and do the same things.

Governments are working with them, central banks and institutions alike.
I'm not so sure that's a good thing after all. In a healthy democracy the political power and the monetary power should be as separate as possible.

the problem if you and your kind pretend no more evolution can happen.
There's a thin line between evolution and digression. And I believe Ripple leads the way to the biggest digression we've seen so far in the  cryptocurrency world.

btw i asked you, have you been able to repay everything to everyone form Mt Gox and Cryptsy yet ?
Glad you asked, this points exactly to the disastrous potential of having a centralized party (the exchanges) holding people's money. Gox users were literally entrusting their assets to be held by the exchange. The same thing that happens when you entrust a "gateway" to hold your ripples. Now stating the obvious, if they were storing the bitcoins on their local wallets, then the centralized Gox hack wouldn't have done much.
ThomasVeil

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 01:55:55 PM

It takes only really 5 minutes of basic thinking to figure out that Ripple can not be decentralized in any meaningful way.

Ripple is a private company that sells transaction-function to banks. Now imagine they would actually give any control to the coin-holders.... those could then block software-updates if they don't like them, or create their own forks. What then? Ripple tells it's costumers "sorry, cryptoholders had other opinions, we can't fulfill our contract anymore"?   
By design they need full control over the network. 

Their business model is selling marketing BS. First to banks "hey you can use fancy blockchain-tech"... which already doesn't make any sense. They just profit from the fact that banks don't know what crypto means.
And then they sell decentralization BS to the alt buyers. Yay, double-profit.
Zivdafast

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 04:28:24 PM

It takes only really 5 minutes of basic thinking to figure out that Ripple can not be decentralized in any meaningful way.

Ripple is a private company that sells transaction-function to banks. Now imagine they would actually give any control to the coin-holders.... those could then block software-updates if they don't like them, or create their own forks. What then? Ripple tells it's costumers "sorry, cryptoholders had other opinions, we can't fulfill our contract anymore"?   

Their business model is selling marketing BS. First to banks "hey you can use fancy blockchain-tech"... which already doesn't make any sense. They just profit from the fact that banks don't know what crypto means.

The so called decentralization is misleading.
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 05:34:31 PM

It takes only 1 minute to understand that whole crypto world uses so called decentralisation as marketing and nothing can not be decentralised and be a store of value or whatsoever at the same time. Take any f*cking coin it can be centralised in one or another way and can be controlled, so what are you talking here about?

I can ask you the same question, what if tomorrow banks will stop provide withdrawal? Or what if somebody will switch off internet? What you will use bitcoing? No f*cking way you gonna be doing that, as most people eve do not understand it. Wake up.
vsyc

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 05:47:39 PM

Bitcoin* has a real potential to change the world. It came out of nowhere some years ago and said - look, people can now send monetary value to each other without trusting each other and without requiring a trusted third-party to settle their transactions. This is huge.

Are you dead serious here? Bitcoin came from nowhere? Nothing comes from nowhere, same you can state that iPhone came from nowhere, or internet came from nowhere, go educate your self in this matter.

No third party, so who makes sure that double spend does not appear? who can do 51% atacks? No third party, god damn, take any bank split it to three separate entities and the same "decentralisation".

Bitcoin delivers on this promise and slowly but surely democratizes our financial systems, making them both global and censorship-resistent. It takes the banks out of business because we now have the means to store our coins on our own private devices (laptops, mobile phones, etc) and transact with each other without a trusted intermediary.
Banks can act as investors to your so called democratic coin and pump & dump it as much as they want, so you can store it anywhere you want. Same with money, you can store the either in bank or under the pillow, does change that it all goes to central bank in regards of regulations.

Capische?

It requires for open-source one smart exploit to hack in whatever way, Capische? You can call it transparency or whatever you like it, but I prefer private Git ripo dudes.

I think your main problem is that you do not understand freedom, but you just use this words: transparency, trust, decentralisation without understanding of pros and cons especially in world software.
vsyc

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 05:54:12 PM

Glad you asked, this points exactly to the disastrous potential of having a centralized party (the exchanges) holding people's money. Gox users were literally entrusting their assets to be held by the exchange. The same thing that happens when you entrust a "gateway" to hold your ripples. Now stating the obvious, if they were storing the bitcoins on their local wallets, then the centralized Gox hack wouldn't have done much.

After Gox, Bitcoin lost trust and price, this is the point, without regulation, you on your own and its about you to create demand and price and prove it worth it (has value), so again where is decentralisation and blah blah?
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 06:40:50 PM

The so called decentralization is misleading.

decentralisation as marketing

yes.

decentralization = everyone runs validators.
jbl888

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 06:56:26 PM

none of the points you made about Ripple stand. they don't store it, you store it on a wallet.
There is no offline Ripple wallet as far as I'm aware. Let me quote from gatehub.net: "We enable financial institutions to act as a Ripple gateway without having to worry about technology." Please point me to a client app that I can download on my local machine and use Ripple without having to trust a third-party or a "gateway". Maybe I missed it.

Or maybe there isn't such an app (?!) Well that would be equivalent of saying "let us handle your money for you". And that's the exact opposite of what bitcoin tries to achieve.

So what are you talking about .. have you read anything or have you picked up stuff here and there.. ?
I've read Satoshi's paper back in 2011. I'm confident I understand most of the building blocks of the Bitcoin network.

Ever heard of privacy?

Nope. Reforming the system needs to address the core principles that makes it prone to systemic corruption. Ripple leaves the existing principles untouched and disguises the so-called revolution into "breakthrough" technology. Yet the way they're using the technology won't change anything in the economic landscape, if you ask me. It will get the banks a shinier makeup to stay in the same business and do the same things.

I'm not so sure that's a good thing after all. In a healthy democracy the political power and the monetary power should be as separate as possible.

There's a thin line between evolution and digression. And I believe Ripple leads the way to the biggest digression we've seen so far in the  cryptocurrency world.

Good job Random!! Looks like you got the last word in. Ripple has all the properties of a giant scam that strives to give banks and governments and unaccountable private entities control (just like our current fiat/debt system that is driving us all into bankruptcy) while preying on our desire to get rich.  From what I can see, make your money if you're already invested in Ripple but be ready to sell when fiat/debt based financial markets begin to fail in the near future and go into BTC or ETH or silver and gold.

Veritaseum is another good investment but that's for another thread ...   Smiley
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 11:10:00 PM

Ever heard of privacy?

There's a thin line between evolution and digression. And I believe Ripple leads the way to the biggest digression we've seen so far in the  cryptocurrency world.

Good job Random!! Looks like you got the last word in. Ripple has all the properties of a giant scam that strives to give banks and governments and unaccountable private entities control (just like our current fiat/debt system that is driving us all into bankruptcy) while preying on our desire to get rich.  From what I can see, make your money if you're already invested in Ripple but be ready to sell when fiat/debt based financial markets begin to fail in the near future and go into BTC or ETH or silver and gold.

Veritaseum is another good investment but that's for another thread ...   Smiley

counting the unconfirmed BTC transactions yet ? if not count for some more months till it saturates and you will know value of IOV and ripple ( with real time settlement ) ...

some day, BTC will need a different transport, once the unconfirmed TX chokes and guess which is best to transport assets including BTC ? You guessed it - Ripple.

Some day BTC will have to be bridged to real banks and services
to 'actually' enter real life - through regulation layer and rulebook.. Guess who will be able to do that ? Yeah  Ripple....

Soon Japanese shops will want to accept BTC just as easily as visa and mastercard JPY payments... and cut on hours of confirmation time .... again Guess what back end will be able to deliver settlement from POS to their account in real time...

yes again - Ripple ....

btw did you and your 'Congress' make up your mind on segwit or unlimited yet ?  
LMAO - either you lack basic schooling or you are a troll... choose you pick , be ashamed and go away.
ven_bug_trap

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 12:05:51 AM

Of course there's no mining involved, that would allow this "cryptocurrency" to actually be decentralised. While mining definitely isn't perfect, it sure beats a completely centralised operation like Ripple. Don't the devs own like half of all the Ripple in existence?
I mean sure, maybe Ripple is a useful tool for banks, but it certainly isn't a fucking crpytocurrency and, like banks, there's no reason to trust it.
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:09:28 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2017, 09:32:59 AM by f0rmdeep

Of course there's no mining involved, that would allow this "cryptocurrency" to actually be decentralised. While mining definitely isn't perfect, it sure beats a completely centralised operation like Ripple. Don't the devs own like half of all the Ripple in existence?
I mean sure, maybe Ripple is a useful tool for banks, but it certainly isn't a fucking crpytocurrency and, like banks, there's no reason to trust it.
by dev, if you mean a board of 10+ investing companies ?

As in the following ?

Because these are the people who hold the XRP, under registered entity XRPII

I just can't believe the amount of FUD in here... honestly ?

anyways : Source : https://ripple.com/company/

and All the XRP held by the founding companies are held strictly under virtual currency license , and not like some onion network scam...

Source : http://www.dfs.ny.gov/about/press/pr1606131.htm

and the company and its operation was audited last year and certified to be in good standing. It will be audited again this year in October.

here :

Source : https://appext20.dos.ny.gov/corp_public

Got any more left, please feel free to bring it on ?
ThomasVeil

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:21:03 AM

Well, you just ignore the most important part ... the one this thread is about: Ripple is not decentralized.  

All you do is bring up other points "Oh they got millions from venture funds". How does this even matter? Venture funds have a failure rate of 99.5% - sounds to me more like a guarantee that it will go bust. And they get scammed all the time.

some day, BTC will need a different transport, once the unconfirmed TX chokes and guess which is best to transport assets including BTC ? You guessed it - Ripple.

Haha, in no possible future scenario will Bitcoin pick up Ripple as their tech for transactions. You're delusional.

Soon Japanese shops will want to accept BTC just as easily as visa and mastercard JPY payments... and cut on hours of confirmation time .... again Guess what back end will be able to deliver settlement from POS to their account in real time...

yes again - Ripple ....

Ever heard of the Lightning Network?

It's not FUD if it's certain and without doubt: Ripple is not a crypto currency. It betrays the ideals we are fighting for. It's a bank coin for Christ's sake! And the title of this topic is a total lie.
ven_bug_trap

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:43:57 AM

Dude, I'm not trying to spread fear or whatever, I don't really care enough about Ripple to do that. I don't personally dislike you, but literally everything I've seen you post on this forum has been shilling for Ripple. Not necessarily a bad thing, I understand wanting a return on your investment, but perhaps the mark of someone desperate to see profit rather than who cares about a proper cryptocurrency. I'm not even saying that it's not smart investing in Ripple, who knows, but it has no real place on a crypto forum.               
vsyc

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:51:29 AM

Dude, I'm not trying to spread fear or whatever, I don't really care enough about Ripple to do that. I don't personally dislike you, but literally everything I've seen you post on this forum has been shilling for Ripple. Not necessarily a bad thing, I understand wanting a return on your investment, but perhaps the mark of someone desperate to see profit rather than who cares about a proper cryptocurrency. I'm not even saying that it's not smart investing in Ripple, who knows, but it has no real place on a crypto forum.               

Like yourself have no real place in this thread  Wink

It make me smile when crypto #2 state to have no place Cheesy What a clown.
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:53:35 AM

desperate for profit is not the same as supporting something you believe in. IOV is a great concept, and reform comes from inside. running away and pretending real world doesn't exist does not solve anything. As you said this is basically philosophical...

do you even understand IOV and responsible decentralization , where you don't allow markets cornets ? i mean seriously

i really don't care if you have a different philosophy, but stating wrong facts i swhat is called FUD, you wrote everything that is unbacked. You said dev's holding huge percent of coins when it is not true at all and held in custody of a regulated firm.

how about accepting your mistakes ha ? is that not part of your greatness and philosophy ... just coming here and writing things without any backing facts is your philosophy .. go think for yourself..

what a sorry state
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 11:01:40 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2017, 01:18:19 PM by f0rmdeep

Well, you just ignore the most important part ... the one this thread is about: Ripple is not decentralized.  

All you do is bring up other points "Oh they got millions from venture funds". How does this even matter? Venture funds have a failure rate of 99.5% - sounds to me more like a guarantee that it will go bust. And they get scammed all the time.

Haha, in no possible future scenario will Bitcoin pick up Ripple as their tech for transactions. You're delusional.

yes again - Ripple ....

Ever heard of the Lightning Network?

It's not FUD if it's certain and without doubt: Ripple is not a crypto currency. It betrays the ideals we are fighting for. It's a bank coin for Christ's sake! And the title of this topic is a total lie.

first of all, I have not ignored the point  about decentralization. If many companies, universities, people and third parties run validators and ripple cannot "undo" transactions, that is the heart and core of decentralization. "lack of single person being able to modify the ledger" So what am i missing here ?

what else do you fancy as decentralization ? going buzurk, letting all control to curious hands and letting Chinese mining gangs take over ?

its called responsible decentralization by "vetting" platforms. its latest .. its better .. go figure...

Second, "the lightning" network does not have partners, you cannot disburse and "settle" funds into accounts "directly"... whatever lightning it has stops at a exchange or gateway.. and then ti has to "begg" some bank to settle fiat into someones account ... stellar/lightening -whatever - its fraud founder Jed's name is enough to put off any conversation on the table, lest alone a deal...

No body in western banking wants to deal with stellar or any fancy name that comes, if it has any association with Jed, his fraud girlfriend or the whole gang

Whereas, lets see with ripple you can "actually" settle fiat money - right in the bank account - in 5 seconds end-to-end.... because they have already 105 partner banks who directly settle on ripple nodes in 24 countries

What are you talking about ? a tech is not everything, after tech there is regulatory approvals, clearances, licenses and registration, and then there is a whole ball game of getting banks together for good, as banks are known to be notoriously hard in relinquishing control...

but reform must include them, and they shoudl be convinced to accept a decentralized ledger. Ripple took this hard route and achieved success... while every alt coin out there pretended virtual world is everything...

I don't care if you have different philosophies, i did not come to your thread to do "mud slinging" without any backing.... "You " Came here & wrote things without "any" backing...
freeElectron

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 05:26:57 PM

Bitcoin* has a real potential to change the world.

Yeah, to make it shitty, with the pollution from the miners.

PoW is failed. It has led to centralization of the power where the electricity is cheapest, and to chip manufacturers.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: