Bitcoin Forum
October 19, 2017, 04:18:17 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to get cheap or for free electricity?  (Read 25011 times)
sfgdsgdfgh

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:50:42 PM

im living in Georgia, can anyone tell me how to get cheap or for free electricity?

Cool

here max electricity cost is about 0.10$
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2058

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 06:02:45 PM

im living in Georgia, can anyone tell me how to get cheap or for free electricity?

Cool

If you live in your parent's basement them just sponge off of them (until they get the utility bill).

Otherwise just steal it from your neighbors or the power company directly.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
sfgdsgdfgh

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:23:38 PM

im living in apartament:  Roll Eyes

solar method is expensive and it isn't worth to me
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 06:26:18 PM

im living in apartament:  Roll Eyes

solar method is expensive and it isn't worth to me
Solar is expensive.  Coal and natural gas are cheap.  Hydro is very cheap.  Move to a place where the electricity is cheaper.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
TimeTeller

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:43:26 PM

Solar is expensive.  Coal and natural gas are cheap.  Hydro is very cheap.  Move to a place where the electricity is cheaper.

Solar is expensive but you will just shell out big cash only at first. And later on, you will recover that initial expenses easily if you have a good army of miners.
But since you are living in an apartment, it's not an option to have that method.

Just go with BurtW's piece of advice of moving to a new place with cheaper electricity.  Smiley
majorlee

Activity: 121

First DJ to play gigs for Bitcoin & Crypto Guru

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 09:48:51 PM

look out for online competitions giving away FREE electricity for a year or if u sign up with new suppliers, just keep switching around

▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀    AI-COIN ICO  ●  Building Wealth Through AI & The Power of BLOCKCHAIN    ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
slack    |    Telegram    |    twitter    |    facebook    |    ANN Thread
▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄    READ THE WHITEPAPER  [ REGISTER TODAY ]    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
NiHaoMike

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 01:34:48 AM

Find an apartment that has electricity included, then see how much more it costs compared to similar apartments in the area that do not include electricity. Calculate how much you'll have to run to get a good effective rate and then decide if it's worth it or not.

Those who have/had free electricity have wanted a way to turn that into money. With cryptocurrency, that has become a reality, but there's still no free lunch.
maerts

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:00:53 AM

Find an apartment that has electricity included, then see how much more it costs compared to similar apartments in the area that do not include electricity. Calculate how much you'll have to run to get a good effective rate and then decide if it's worth it or not.
This! I had everything included with my student apartment in China. You could use as much as you want without getting in trouble. Just perfect for mining.

Now, I am in Europe. We have a shared electricity bill (go Dutch), so using more will make the fee go up for everyone, and they will find out who is the culprit. Grin
NiHaoMike

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 03:53:03 AM

Now, I am in Europe. We have a shared electricity bill (go Dutch), so using more will make the fee go up for everyone, and they will find out who is the culprit. Grin
Shared with how many? If it's a lot, you'll be able to get away with one ASIC box or even more. If it's only a few, stick to a GPU or two mining altcoins.

Those who have/had free electricity have wanted a way to turn that into money. With cryptocurrency, that has become a reality, but there's still no free lunch.
crypt0bitz

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:24:48 AM

Shared with how many? If it's a lot, you'll be able to get away with one ASIC box or even more. If it's only a few, stick to a GPU or two mining altcoins.

Yeah im in the same boat in Europe, might have to leave !
maerts

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:03:32 AM

I like the way you think. We are with about 10 people, and someone has already been caught for using too much electricity, so ASIC miners are off the table for sure.

Yeah im in the same boat in Europe, might have to leave !
The struggle is real. Cry
fitty

Activity: 462

🌟ATLANT ICO: 7/09/17🌟

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:36:24 AM

Cool

Getting free electricity requires the allocation of the natural resources near your place. (IE, solar power, wind, etc). Or, just make sure to maximize the right setting of your hardware to mine the most of coins and will gain more profit. Regular maintenance of the hardware itself will boost its performance and will consume less electricity. In addition, keeping your mining rig in cold place will help you conserve electricity.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
  ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

NiHaoMike

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:15:13 AM

I like the way you think. We are with about 10 people, and someone has already been caught for using too much electricity, so ASIC miners are off the table for sure.
What did they define as "too much"?

arcmyn

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:36:13 AM

I would scope out our electric company's website and look for their "tariffs" disclosures.

Large businesses like factories with large panels, service usually pay lesser rates or bulk rates.

I would investigate making deals with acquaintances or making friends with people that have such facilities and try to negotiate a colocation deal.

I am having a hard time parsing Georgia Power tariff for large power and lighting as it is listed differently that other tariffs I have read. Maybe some one else can parse out the actual kWh rate, as they seem to high to me: https://www.georgiapower.com/docs/rates-schedules/large-business/5.00_PLL.pdf
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 986

http://bit.ly/stock-forex-btc-dash

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 03:17:34 PM

Rent an apartment with electricity included. I did that and distinctly remember my landlord extremely pissed when I was sucking enough power to run a small town  Grin

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 04:48:43 PM

Rent an apartment with electricity included. I did that and distinctly remember my landlord extremely pissed when I was sucking enough power to run a small town  Grin
So you answer it steal it.

mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 986

http://bit.ly/stock-forex-btc-dash

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:15:40 PM

No, not at all. The electricity was included within the rent total. I.e. "Apartment with all utilities included". It was 100% legal. I just don't think the landlord expected me to use that much power.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 08:23:46 PM

No, not at all. The electricity was included within the rent total. I.e. "Apartment with all utilities included". It was 100% legal. I just don't think the landlord expected me to use that much power.
So, like I said, steal the electricity from someone else to make Bitcoins.  This is stealing and you know it.  Here is how you know:  who paid for all the electricity?  You or someone else?  If someone else then you are stealing.

NiHaoMike

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:35:02 AM

So, like I said, steal the electricity from someone else to make Bitcoins.  This is stealing and you know it.  Here is how you know:  who paid for all the electricity?  You or someone else?  If someone else then you are stealing.
One of my friends is able to eat way more than you would expect from her waist size. She goes to a buffet and pays a fixed price to eat all she could. Is that stealing?

In that way, how is running an ASIC box any different from someone who runs the HVAC all the time because they like it really hot or cold? Or what about a stock trader who runs his/her own "supercomputer" AI to help make decisions? Or what about a (mostly) work-at-home IT technician who keeps a bunch of plasma TVs as status monitors? (Plasma TVs hate mostly stationary content but if you could grab a bunch of obsolete ones for free...) I don't see why merely introducing cryptocurrency changes things.

Much like how buffets attract those who eat a lot, apartments with electricity included attract coiners. It's basically an invitation that says "use as much as you like for a fixed price."

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 05:58:35 AM

So, like I said, steal the electricity from someone else to make Bitcoins.  This is stealing and you know it.  Here is how you know:  who paid for all the electricity?  You or someone else?  If someone else then you are stealing.

does the old magnet trick on the electric meter still work? maybe in some country, hearing about this from a russia guy that was runnign all his gpu with zero electricity because he stopped the meter

aside from that when they say that everything is included, you are not paying zero electricity, you are probably paying more than someone who has "not everything included" but need to pay for electricity separately
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.