Bitcoin Forum
December 17, 2017, 06:14:34 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to get cheap or for free electricity?  (Read 35656 times)
NiHaoMike

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 06:20:04 AM

So, like I said, steal the electricity from someone else to make Bitcoins.  This is stealing and you know it.  Here is how you know:  who paid for all the electricity?  You or someone else?  If someone else then you are stealing.

does the old magnet trick on the electric meter still work? maybe in some country, hearing about this from a russia guy that was runnign all his gpu with zero electricity because he stopped the meter

No, not at all. The electricity was included within the rent total. I.e. "Apartment with all utilities included". It was 100% legal. I just don't think the landlord expected me to use that much power.

aside from that when they say that everything is included, you are not paying zero electricity, you are probably paying more than someone who has "not everything included" but need to pay for electricity separately
Smart meters and "non smart" digital meters are not affected by magnets the average consumer is likely to have. A MRI scanner magnet would probably do it, but it most likely would just rip the metal box right off the wall.

And it is correct that the apartments with electricity included cost more. In one area I looked at in the past (College Station), I calculated that maxing a single 120V/15A circuit to the limit will not be enough to break even the increased rent. Making use of a second circuit will do it, but as that was before ASIC miners (2009), roughly 2.5kW of IT equipment is quite a lot!

I use cryptocurrency and solar power to help my best friend Naomi Wu... And I'm proud of it!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
User365

Activity: 322

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 04:29:16 PM

Rent from some non tech person and convince them (sometimes they even offer) that you want a all inclusive contract (electricity, water, whatever you need).

1) You should live there too, otherwise it won´t be worth it
2) you won´t have to heat, so maby tell them you want to exclude heating from the contract

[could be your ad]
darthmaul

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 01:47:04 AM

If you want to get serious about it then you can speak with your apartment for fitting in solar panels around your terrace. With that way you fit in big solar panels as your budget would be more than enough. That way you will be able to harness cheap electricity. However you apartment need to agree with you on this. Otherwise well I read other suggestion, move to hydro power source or wherever cheap electricity is produced.

▄█████
▄█████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀       ▀██████████████
██████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀███████████
██████████    █████████    ██████████
█████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     █████████
████████     ███▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███████
███████      █████████      ███████
███████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀███     ████████
█████████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███    █████████
██████████    ████████    ██████████
███████████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████████
██████████████▄       ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████▀
█████▀

.The Issuance of Tokenized Equity.
▬▬▬ ●  Twitter  Facebook  |  Telegram  ● ▬▬▬

Stariroy

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:36:23 AM

Just relocate to China where electric cost is not that high. Or you can advantage of the sun power and the wind potential to get some electricity though you have to invest first some money for equipment. In real life, there is no such thing as free anymore. Electricity cost is a major factor when it comes to mining...hope they can come up with mining equipment that is not high electricity consuming.

I Love Bitcointalk!
Azkabal

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 01:12:39 PM

im living in Georgia, can anyone tell me how to get cheap or for free electricity?

Cool

here max electricity cost is about 0.10$

Well there is a few thinks that you cann make.

Do you know about Peltier Elements? When you have something like watertube (that is normally hot) you can make a small thermogenerator. Just buy accumulator. And done.
The question ist, can you make good system alone, just buying the cheapest Peltiers on AlliExpress or not, and how much Watts you need.

▄██▄
       ▄██████▄
     ▄██▀ ██ ▀██▄
   ▄██▀  █  █  ▀██▄
 ▄██▀   █    █   ▀██▄
██▀    █      █    ▀██
██▀▀▄▄█        █▄▄▀▀██
 ██   ▀█▄▄  ▄▄█▀   ██
  ██▄▄ █  ▀▀  █ ▄▄██
   ██ ▀▀█▄  ▄█▀▀ ██
    ██   █▀▀█   ██
     ██▀▄█  █▄▀██
      ██  █▀█ ██
       ██  █ ██
        ██  ██
         ▀██▀
         ▄██▄
       ▄██████▄
     ▄██▀ ██ ▀██▄
   ▄██▀  █  █  ▀██▄
 ▄██▀   █    █   ▀██▄
██▀    █      █    ▀██
██▀▀▄▄█        █▄▄▀▀██
 ██   ▀█▄▄  ▄▄█▀   ██
  ██▄▄ █  ▀▀  █ ▄▄██
   ██ ▀▀█▄  ▄█▀▀ ██
    ██   █▀▀█   ██
     ██▀▄█  █▄▀██
      ██  █▀█ ██
       ██  █ ██
        ██  ██
         ▀██▀
         ▄██▄
       ▄██████▄
     ▄██▀ ██ ▀██▄
   ▄██▀  █  █  ▀██▄
 ▄██▀   █    █   ▀██▄
██▀    █      █    ▀██
██▀▀▄▄█        █▄▄▀▀██
 ██   ▀█▄▄  ▄▄█▀   ██
  ██▄▄ █  ▀▀  █ ▄▄██
   ██ ▀▀█▄  ▄█▀▀ ██
    ██   █▀▀█   ██
     ██▀▄█  █▄▀██
      ██  █▀█ ██
       ██  █ ██
        ██  ██
         ▀██▀
YoutubeBitcointalkMedium                             
Serenity Financial ━━ Join Us!
⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯
         ▄██▄
       ▄██████▄
     ▄██▀ ██ ▀██▄
   ▄██▀  █  █  ▀██▄
 ▄██▀   █    █   ▀██▄
██▀    █      █    ▀██
██▀▀▄▄█        █▄▄▀▀██
 ██   ▀█▄▄  ▄▄█▀   ██
  ██▄▄ █  ▀▀  █ ▄▄██
   ██ ▀▀█▄  ▄█▀▀ ██
    ██   █▀▀█   ██
     ██▀▄█  █▄▀██
      ██  █▀█ ██
       ██  █ ██
        ██  ██
         ▀██▀
Azkabal

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 01:16:36 PM

im living in Georgia, can anyone tell me how to get cheap or for free electricity?

Cool

Do you know about Peltier Elements? When you have something like watertube (that is normally hot) you can make a small thermogenerator. Just buy accumulator. And done.
The question ist, can you make good system alone, just buying the cheapest Peltiers on AlliExpress or not, and how much Watts you need.

Another thing you can build contactless transformer that will steal energy to your accu from high voltage transmission lines, working in the resonanz with thir magnetic influense.
But its need specific knowledge and its really illegal

▄██▄
       ▄██████▄
     ▄██▀ ██ ▀██▄
   ▄██▀  █  █  ▀██▄
 ▄██▀   █    █   ▀██▄
██▀    █      █    ▀██
██▀▀▄▄█        █▄▄▀▀██
 ██   ▀█▄▄  ▄▄█▀   ██
  ██▄▄ █  ▀▀  █ ▄▄██
   ██ ▀▀█▄  ▄█▀▀ ██
    ██   █▀▀█   ██
     ██▀▄█  █▄▀██
      ██  █▀█ ██
       ██  █ ██
        ██  ██
         ▀██▀
         ▄██▄
       ▄██████▄
     ▄██▀ ██ ▀██▄
   ▄██▀  █  █  ▀██▄
 ▄██▀   █    █   ▀██▄
██▀    █      █    ▀██
██▀▀▄▄█        █▄▄▀▀██
 ██   ▀█▄▄  ▄▄█▀   ██
  ██▄▄ █  ▀▀  █ ▄▄██
   ██ ▀▀█▄  ▄█▀▀ ██
    ██   █▀▀█   ██
     ██▀▄█  █▄▀██
      ██  █▀█ ██
       ██  █ ██
        ██  ██
         ▀██▀
         ▄██▄
       ▄██████▄
     ▄██▀ ██ ▀██▄
   ▄██▀  █  █  ▀██▄
 ▄██▀   █    █   ▀██▄
██▀    █      █    ▀██
██▀▀▄▄█        █▄▄▀▀██
 ██   ▀█▄▄  ▄▄█▀   ██
  ██▄▄ █  ▀▀  █ ▄▄██
   ██ ▀▀█▄  ▄█▀▀ ██
    ██   █▀▀█   ██
     ██▀▄█  █▄▀██
      ██  █▀█ ██
       ██  █ ██
        ██  ██
         ▀██▀
YoutubeBitcointalkMedium                             
Serenity Financial ━━ Join Us!
⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯⚯
         ▄██▄
       ▄██████▄
     ▄██▀ ██ ▀██▄
   ▄██▀  █  █  ▀██▄
 ▄██▀   █    █   ▀██▄
██▀    █      █    ▀██
██▀▀▄▄█        █▄▄▀▀██
 ██   ▀█▄▄  ▄▄█▀   ██
  ██▄▄ █  ▀▀  █ ▄▄██
   ██ ▀▀█▄  ▄█▀▀ ██
    ██   █▀▀█   ██
     ██▀▄█  █▄▀██
      ██  █▀█ ██
       ██  █ ██
        ██  ██
         ▀██▀
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:30:59 PM

Cool
Another thing you can build contactless transformer that will steal energy to your accu from high voltage transmission lines, working in the resonance with their magnetic influence.
Both of those 'solutions' are only going to somewhat inexpensively provide just a few milli-watts at best. Ya can light up a few LED's and that's it. Peltier devices require a fairly high temp differential between the 2 sides and a means supplying heat. The devices are pricey and by the time you get enough to power a 1kw miner the cost of them would cover running said miner for a few years. If yer going to use solar for the heat source, screw that as even the cheapest solar cells are orders of magnitude more efficient vs Peltier devices and cost far less.

As for the induction tie to transmission lines, a) ja is illegal, b) again, amount of power acquired is pointless vs the $$$ of setting something up

-Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats http://bit.ly/1Qjt6lj
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2114

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 05:51:37 PM

All three of these ideas will not work:
Another thing you can build contactless transformer that will steal energy to your accu from high voltage transmission lines, working in the resonanz with thir magnetic influense.
Illegal and will not get you enough power.  There is a reason real transformers are wound.

Will never get you enough power.  There is a reason real power plants operate on a very lager temperature differential.  Google Carnot.

If you want to get serious about it then you can speak with your apartment for fitting in solar panels around your terrace. With that way you fit in big solar panels as your budget would be more than enough. That way you will be able to harness cheap electricity. However you apartment need to agree with you on this. Otherwise well I read other suggestion, move to hydro power source or wherever cheap electricity is produced.
Again, no.  You will never make in Bitcoin what you spent in solar panels plus installation.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Russlenat

Activity: 518

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:36:22 AM

well for me I will go for a solar energy. it is expensive but you ROI will back to you in a year and you have unlimited electricity for the next year.

| 

| 

▄
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄█████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████

█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
▀▀▀▀█████  █████████████
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
                       ▀
| 

$1,5 M
|

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
      ▄█████▀▀███▀▀█████▄
    ▄███▀     ███     ▀███▄
   ████       ███       ████
  ███▀                   ▀███
 ███▀                     ▀███
▄██▀       █████████       ▀██▄
███                         ███
███        █████████        ███
███                         ███
▀██▄       █████████       ▄██▀
 ███▄                     ▄███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ████       ███       ████
    ▀███▄     ███     ▄███▀
      ▀█████▄▄███▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

|

<>
<>
<>
<>

GITHUB
TWITTER
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK
trinhtuananh1012

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:29:36 PM

In Vietnam also price range so. I think so it was quite cheap. Also if you want free. I think you should invest heavily in solar and wind energy. The cost is great but it will have benefits on long time. Wish you find the right path.
sobsitesearch

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:35:45 AM

well for me I will go for a solar energy. it is expensive but you ROI will back to you in a year and you have unlimited electricity for the next year.
Agree and this is one great equipment to mine without paying electricity. Just put big investment at first after you get the ROI then the rest that is all profit plus you have free electricity the rest of your life but you need to keep it in good condition simply do the proper maintenance of you equipment.
ocid

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:00:40 AM

I think you can take advantage of natural resources such as solar energy or can also create motion tools just as we use the wind and made a windmill that can conduct electricity.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Gintama214

Activity: 280

DONATION PLEASE SENPAI <3 <3

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:46:21 PM

Cool

Well as everyone says if you live in your parents hows you can get free electricity and you can just give some percentage for you parents or if your parents doesn't know about it. lol  Cheesy but if your paying your own electricity you and you have the money you can go buy solar panels or generator to get cheaper electricity but it will cost you a lot for it and also now a days you if you want to actually mine and get something on it you need to get the high end hardware to really earn from it. Also if you live in an apartment were electricity is already included you can earn in that way too.  Wink
buharikx31

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 10:02:13 AM

Cool

Well as everyone says if you live in your parents hows you can get free electricity and you can just give some percentage for you parents or if your parents doesn't know about it. lol  Cheesy but if your paying your own electricity you and you have the money you can go buy solar panels or generator to get cheaper electricity but it will cost you a lot for it and also now a days you if you want to actually mine and get something on it you need to get the high end hardware to really earn from it. Also if you live in an apartment were electricity is already included you can earn in that way too.  Wink
Yeah, I've heard in some countries they have free electricity, but it's not a lot of them. In my country we pay 0.062 $ for Kw, it also depends where you live on village or city. But i think it's really profitable and cool to find some additional spot where you can pay living with somebody.But the best think in my opinion is to rent a place with electricty already implemented in to payment

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
cryptosifu

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:45:30 AM

Bring your miner to work and hide it somewhere safe/private. 
phunnykidd1

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:44:46 AM

hm where would i find out how much my electricity would cost me mining in new york ??
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2114

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 08:59:24 PM

hm where would i find out how much my electricity would cost me mining in new york ??
There is this cool new web site with a funny name at https://www.google.com.  You can type pretty much anything into it and it will answer.  I tried "average cost of electricity in new york" and it responded with:

The 19.4 cents per kWh New York households paid for electricity in February 2017 was 44 percent more than the national average of 13.5 cents per kWh. From 2013 to 2016, local area electricity prices in February exceeded the nationwide average by as much as 59 percent.(See chart 2.)Mar 17, 2017

Pretty neat, eh?  Give it a try.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
JohnPotterPlpl

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:55:05 AM

If you have an metal ring in your counter then magnet slows it down.. harder the magnet, slower it circles. Its like brakes on the car Smiley

★★★★★★★ BLOCKLANCER ★★★★★★★
★ Freelance on the BlockchainVISIT US! JOIN BOUNTY
The first Decentralized Autonomous Job market (DAJ)
mamaita

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 09:07:44 PM

Cool

If your place gets a lot of daylight all year long why not try to use solar power, I think it's worth a try
swogerino

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 09:13:23 PM

There is no real way to get cheap or free electricity unless you steal it, from the company directly or neighbors. If neighbors catches you doing it you risk big especially in a country like Georgia which I believe to be some ex Soviet Union republic. Same if the company catches you, you risk to go to jail. Your only option is to move to a country with cheap electricity but they are far away from where you are, China,Venezuela,India. You can try some part of Russia since you are near, find a city with cheap electricity there, I heard there is one with 0.02 dollars for kilowatt but I don't remember who it was. Just search on google.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
                      ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
                  ██████                          ██████
               █████                                  █████
             █████                                      █████
           ████                                            ████
         ████                                                ████
       ████                                                    ████
      ████                                                      ████
     ████                                                        ████
    ████                                                          ████
   ████            ███████████████     ███████████████             ████