Bitcoin Forum
October 21, 2017, 02:42:19 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to get cheap or for free electricity?  (Read 25604 times)
GMPoison

Activity: 364

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:52:17 PM

You can mine with 10c/kWh and turn a nice profit. Don't know if you've ran the numbers or not but just plug them into an online mining calculator and you'll see.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frowsiter

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:17:55 PM

Rent an apartment with electricity included. I did that and distinctly remember my landlord extremely pissed when I was sucking enough power to run a small town  Grin
So you answer it steal it.

No, not at all. The electricity was included within the rent total. I.e. "Apartment with all utilities included". It was 100% legal. I just don't think the landlord expected me to use that much power.
So, like I said, steal the electricity from someone else to make Bitcoins.  This is stealing and you know it.  Here is how you know:  who paid for all the electricity?  You or someone else?  If someone else then you are stealing.
One of my friends is able to eat way more than you would expect from her waist size. She goes to a buffet and pays a fixed price to eat all she could. Is that stealing?

In that way, how is running an ASIC box any different from someone who runs the HVAC all the time because they like it really hot or cold? Or what about a stock trader who runs his/her own "supercomputer" AI to help make decisions? Or what about a (mostly) work-at-home IT technician who keeps a bunch of plasma TVs as status monitors? (Plasma TVs hate mostly stationary content but if you could grab a bunch of obsolete ones for free...) I don't see why merely introducing cryptocurrency changes things.

Much like how buffets attract those who eat a lot, apartments with electricity included attract coiners. It's basically an invitation that says "use as much as you like for a fixed price."

I laughed a lot on the comments on which you replied this post. You are impressive in giving examples. It's true why should we worry if our electricity cost is at fixed price. The profits can come over the period of time without any loss prior to changes in its cost (mostly going on higher sides) which seems to be impossible. I'm not saying that it doesn't affect at all but it can be recovered with the time that's what I assume. You can implement other cost cutting stuff like gasoline generator or solar cells may be. So it doesn't need to be stolen if you are gonna make thousands of dollars set up for mining.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    ▄█▀ ▄▄███████▄▄ ▀
  ▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀ ▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄██████▀▀ ▄▄███▀ ▄▄ ▀▄
▄█ ████▀▀ ▄▄█████▀ ▄████ █▄
█ ▄█████▄  ▀██████▄ ▀███▄ █
█ ███▀▀▀ ▄███████▀ ▄▄▄███ █
█ ▀███▄ ▀██████▄  ▀█████▀ █
▀█ ████▀ ▄█████▀▀ ▄▄████ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀▀ ▄███▀▀ ▄▄██████▀ ▄▀
  ▀▀ ▄█▀▀ ▄▄████████▀ ▄█▀
    ▄ ▀▀███████▀▀ ▄█▀
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
electroneum▄████████████▄
██████▄▄▄▄██████
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄██▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
███████▀▀███████
 ▀█████▄▄█████▀
▄██████████████▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄▄█▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀█████▄▄▄▄█████▀
||
gokselgok

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:57:04 AM

im living in apartament:  Roll Eyes

solar method is expensive and it isn't worth to me

if solar is unpractical method in your part try to search the magnetic generator its free energy that no cost at all but some says it is myth until now but in my point of view it is not only you need an engineer to build magnets and coils to have free electricity flowing on the rotors and to your battery or house.  It may not be seen on stores because it will ruin electrical producing energy companies. But for us small time it is worth it.

aesma

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:24:51 AM

Most electric generators (all ?) are magnetic. Free energy doesn't exist, it would violate the laws of physics. I guess you could hook up a generator to your stationary bicycle and generate some electricity while doing exercise, however don't expect more than 200W of power, and you won't last long.

░▓█████████████████▓░
          ▒▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒██▓▒░
      ░▒▓███▓                 ▒██▓▓▒░░    ░
▓▒███████▓▒        ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░    ░▓▓▓██▓▓▓▒▓
▒░██▒░░         ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓██▓▒     ░ ▒▓▓░▓
░▒▓█▒         ▒█▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓████▓▓▒   ▒█▓▒▒
 ▒░██        ██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░██▒   ██▒▒
 ▓░▓█▒      ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░░▒▒▒░░▒▓██▓   ▒██░▒
 ░▓░█▓     ▓█▓▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒   ██░▓░
  ▓▒▒█▓  ▓▒█▓▒▒▓▓▒░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ █▒  ██▓░▓
   █░▒█▓ ▓███▓▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░ ▓█  ██▓ ▓
    █░▓█▓ ░██▓███▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓██  ██▓░▓
    ░█░▒██  ░ ░▓███████▓██████▒  ██▒░▓
      █▒░██▓      ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ▓██░▒▓
       ▓▓░▒██▒               ▒██▓░▓▓
        ░█▓░▓██▒           ▒██▓░▓█░
          ▒█▓░▓██▓       ▓██▓▒▓█▒
            ▒█▓▒▒███░ ▒███▒▒▓█▒
              ▒██▓▒▓███▓▒▒██▒
                ░▓██▒▒▒███░
                   ▒███▒

Minerolero

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:39:50 PM

im living in apartament:  Roll Eyes

solar method is expensive and it isn't worth to me

if solar is unpractical method in your part try to search the magnetic generator its free energy that no cost at all but some says it is myth until now but in my point of view it is not only you need an engineer to build magnets and coils to have free electricity flowing on the rotors and to your battery or house.  It may not be seen on stores because it will ruin electrical producing energy companies. But for us small time it is worth it.

I would try to build that myself. There is plenty of material online to try a project in "do ir yourself" style.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 1232

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:53:12 PM

No matter what DIY to 'make power' you find online, just always remember TANSTAAFL -- There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. Any site that claims otherwise is a waste of time. Period.

In short, power out of a system is ALWAYS equal to the power (effort) put into a system. Even if 100% efficient so there is no wasted energy - which nothing is - TANSTAAFL. Be it wind, water, light, human, chemical, *whatever*, drives it energy of 1 form or another must go in to get energy out.

-Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats http://bit.ly/1Qjt6lj
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
passwordnow

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:34:12 PM

Most electric generators (all ?) are magnetic. Free energy doesn't exist, it would violate the laws of physics. I guess you could hook up a generator to your stationary bicycle and generate some electricity while doing exercise, however don't expect more than 200W of power, and you won't last long.

I have watched online a video of a mining farm which is generating near to a water falls and if I'm not mistaken his bill is only $5, I can't remember if that is for month or year. I say free electricity does exist, solar but you need to invest and as well as hydro electric.

▄██████████████    █████████████▄
    ▄██▀                                                       ▀██▄
   ██▀                                                              ▀██
 ██                                                                     ██
██                                                                       ██
 ██▄                                                                   ██
  ▀██▄                                                            ▄██▀
     ▀██▄▄                                                    ▄██▀
          ▀█████████████   █████████████▀▀
                                         ██
Cash Poker Pro
   ♠    ♦    ♣    ♥ 
              ▒▓██ ░░░ ▓█▓▒            
           ▓██████     ██████▓         
        ░▓███▓▓███ ░░░ ▓███▓████▒      
       ▓████▓▓████████████▓██████▓     
      ░░░▓▓█████▓▓█▒▒▒██▓█████▓▒░░░    
          ░███▓▒▒▓██████▒░▒███▒        
    ▓▒   ░██▓▓█████████████▓▒██▒   ░▓  
    ███▓▒██▓░▓████      ▓███░▒██▒▒███▒ 
   ▓███████▓██████  ██▓▓█████▓████████ 
   ███▓███▓▒██████      █████▒▓██▓▓▓██ 
   ▓██▓███▓░██████████  █████▒▓██▓▓▓██ 
   ▓███████▓▓█████      █████▓███████▓ 
    ███▒▒██▓░▓██████████████░▓██▒▒███░ 
    ▒▒   ░██▓▓█████████████▓▓██▒   ░▒  
      ░   ░███▓░▒▓█▓▓▓██▒░▓███▒   ░    
       ░▒▓██████▓██▒▒▒██▓██████▓▒░     
       ▒████▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓████▓     
         ▓██▓▓▓███  ░░ ▓██▓▓███▓░      
           ▒██████     ██████▓         
              ░▒▓█ ░░░ ▓█▓░            
Anonymity Fair Play Cryptocurrency New Platforms
А platform that will change the world of poker!
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █  ▀ █            ▀▀▀▀▄
█  █▄        ▄▀                    ▄▀
▀▄ █ ▀       █         ▄           █
 █          █        ▄██▄         ▄▀
 █         ▄▀     ▄██████▄       ▄▀
 ▀▄        █    ▄█████████▄      █
  █       █      ██████████▄    ▄▀
  █      ▄▀        ▀████████   ▄▀
  ▀▄     █        ▄████▀▀▀▀    █
   █    █          ▀▀▀█       ▄▀
   █   ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▀▄  █                     █
    █  ▀▄▄              █ ▄ ▄▀
    █     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄       █▀ ▄▀
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█
  ♠    ♦    ♣      JOIN US!
ICO Starts: Oct 26th 2017 
Minerolero

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:22:49 PM

No matter what DIY to 'make power' you find online, just always remember TANSTAAFL -- There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. Any site that claims otherwise is a waste of time. Period.

In short, power out of a system is ALWAYS equal to the power (effort) put into a system. Even if 100% efficient so there is no wasted energy - which nothing is - TANSTAAFL. Be it wind, water, light, human, chemical, *whatever*, drives it energy of 1 form or another must go in to get energy out.

The magnetic generators are potentially a cheap energy source. Not infinite like some people say because the magnets will "lose their magnetism" over time. If i had the time and the resources, i would try to build a small prototype and then scale up if it worked well.
carlosmg

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:48:01 PM

If cheap electricity is not an inherent characteristic of your country, perhaps the solution is to consider mining using solar power.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:33:04 PM

The magnetic generators are potentially a cheap energy source. Not infinite like some people say because the magnets will "lose their magnetism" over time. If i had the time and the resources, i would try to build a small prototype and then scale up if it worked well.
I heard that magnetic is one of the great source of power but its still need a support of power from a battery or small power source like solar just to generate more power supply from magnets this is the same as what other experiment or test that you can watch in youtube.
Combination of solar and magnetic you can generate a good source of power that you can use in mining.. this is just what i test with a sample small solar and magnets and build a sample of electric source its working in small light bulb so i think if you can create a big solar and magnet you can build a good power source..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
       ▄██▀▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀██▄
     ▄██▀  ▄▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄  ▀██▄
   ▄██▀  ▄██▀▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀██▄  ▀██▄
  ▐██   ██▀   ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄  ▀██   ██▌
  ██▌  ██▌   ██▀         ▀██  ▐██  ▐██
 ▐██   ██   ▐██           ██▌  ██▌  ██▌
  ██▌  ▐█▄   ██▄        ▄██▀  ▄█▀  ▐██
   ██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██
    ▀██▄  ▀██▄  ▀█  ▄██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▀
      ▀██▄  ▀██▄  ▄██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄  ▀████▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▀
          ▀██▄  ▀▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▀
            ▀██▄  ▄██▀  ▄██▀
              ▀████▀  ▄██▀
                ▀▀  ▄██▀
                   ▀▀▀
  T r i p p k i..
makes travel more rewarding
      ─ ─── ────..Hotel Booking & Rewards Platform
     ▄▄██████▄▄
  ▄██████████████▄
▐██████▀    ▀██████▌
██████▌      ▐██████
▐██████▄    ▄██████▌
 ▐████████████████▌
   ▀████████████▀
     ▐█████████
       ███████
        █████
         ███
          ▀
.Valuable Rewards.     ▄▄██████▄▄
  ▄██████████████▄
▐██████▀    ▀██████▌
██████▌      ▐██████
▐██████▄    ▄██████▌
 ▐████████████████▌
   ▀████████████▀
     ▐█████████
       ███████
        █████
         ███
          ▀
.Better Relationship.     ▄▄██████▄▄
  ▄██████████████▄
▐██████▀    ▀██████▌
██████▌      ▐██████
▐██████▄    ▄██████▌
 ▐████████████████▌
   ▀████████████▀
     ▐█████████
       ███████
        █████
         ███
          ▀
.Distributed Ecosystem.
.Buy TRIP Tokens.
Join our Telegram
Discuss in Bitcointalk
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:16:42 AM

Laws of Induction 101:
 Aside from thermo-electric, electro-static, and a piezo stack ALL generators/alternators are based on magnetism and more precisely what happens when a conductor (wire) is exposed to a varying magnetic field. Namely, the change in field strength induces voltage in the conductor. How much voltage depends on the field strength, how many loops of wire are exposed to that field and - how fast the field changes.

If the magnetic field is not changing strength or moving- then no voltage is produced.  SOMETHING has to cause that field to move or otherwise change strength in relation to the conductor. In the case of generators/alternators that something is rotation. As in something supplying mechanical force (in other words:energy) to spin a rotor. The spinning rotor can be made up of permanent or electromagnets or can be the wire loops and the magnets make up the stationary part or stator. In most cases the coils of wire (thick enough to carry desired output current) providing the output are in the stator and the magnetic part is the rotor. Either way, there must be relative movement between the 2.

Now for the other important bit YouTube Vidiots and other 'Free Energy From Nothing' loonies refuse to acknowledge as part of the real world: Voltage by itself is meaningless. Only when there is also current flow - amps - do you get 'power'. The specific equation is Watts = Voltage x Current. Remember that.

Back to the voltage induced by a changing magnetic field: All other factors being the same the amount of voltage produced is a direct function of how much current your load will try to pull from the system. If a very light load the voltage will be quite high -- it also takes very little effort (input energy) to spin the rotor that causes the changing magnetic field needed.

Start drawing significant current so you can get usable power and 2 things happen, the first being the rotor now starts fighting back by opposing whatever is spinning it and so increasing the effort (energy) needed to spin it. In essence it is becoming an electromagnetic brake. If enough effort is not available to overcome the resistance created the rotor slows down until output power matches the input effort (energy). 2nd is that the voltage output rapidly changes from an unloaded flyback output to a more traditional transformer mode. As a result voltage under load drops and will now be mostly limited by how much effort can be applied.

The end result is that power from some source is ALWAYS put into a system.  Total power out is ALWAYS equal to the amount put in. Period.  Usable power out is ALWAYS equal to power in minus losses which are turned into heat because of nothing being 100% efficient. Law one of Conservation of Energy: Energy cannot be created nor destroyed - it can ONLY change form.

Oh, and as for thermo-electric, electro-static and piezo-electric generation -- still require input energy. For therm - think a flame or hot decaying radioactive source, static - rubbing a balloon on your head or spinning the shaft on a Van deGraff, Piezo - pushing the spring loaded button to load then strike the chip.

TANSTAAFL

Any further debate on energy from nothing/the aether/etc will result in application of the Idiot Ignore button. Still get an 'A' for thinking out of the box, but please try to ground that to stay within what the Laws of Nature dedicate is possible.

-Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats http://bit.ly/1Qjt6lj
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Minerolero

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 08:03:51 AM

Laws of Induction 101:
 Aside from thermo-electric, electro-static, and a piezo stack ALL generators/alternators are based on magnetism and more precisely what happens when a conductor (wire) is exposed to a varying magnetic field. Namely, the change in field strength induces voltage in the conductor. How much voltage depends on the field strength, how many loops of wire are exposed to that field and - how fast the field changes.

If the magnetic field is not changing strength or moving- then no voltage is produced.  SOMETHING has to cause that field to move or otherwise change strength in relation to the conductor. In the case of generators/alternators that something is rotation. As in something supplying mechanical force (in other words:energy) to spin a rotor. The spinning rotor can be made up of permanent or electromagnets or can be the wire loops and the magnets make up the stationary part or stator. In most cases the coils of wire (thick enough to carry desired output current) providing the output are in the stator and the magnetic part is the rotor. Either way, there must be relative movement between the 2.

Now for the other important bit YouTube Vidiots and other 'Free Energy From Nothing' loonies refuse to acknowledge as part of the real world: Voltage by itself is meaningless. Only when there is also current flow - amps - do you get 'power'. The specific equation is Watts = Voltage x Current. Remember that.

Back to the voltage induced by a changing magnetic field: All other factors being the same the amount of voltage produced is a direct function of how much current your load will try to pull from the system. If a very light load the voltage will be quite high -- it also takes very little effort (input energy) to spin the rotor that causes the changing magnetic field needed.

Start drawing significant current so you can get usable power and 2 things happen, the first being the rotor now starts fighting back by opposing whatever is spinning it and so increasing the effort (energy) needed to spin it. In essence it is becoming an electromagnetic brake. If enough effort is not available to overcome the resistance created the rotor slows down until output power matches the input effort (energy). 2nd is that the voltage output rapidly changes from an unloaded flyback output to a more traditional transformer mode. As a result voltage under load drops and will now be mostly limited by how much effort can be applied.

The end result is that power from some source is ALWAYS put into a system.  Total power out is ALWAYS equal to the amount put in. Period.  Usable power out is ALWAYS equal to power in minus losses which are turned into heat because of nothing being 100% efficient. Law one of Conservation of Energy: Energy cannot be created nor destroyed - it can ONLY change form.

Oh, and as for thermo-electric, electro-static and piezo-electric generation -- still require input energy. For therm - think a flame or hot decaying radioactive source, static - rubbing a balloon on your head or spinning the shaft on a Van deGraff, Piezo - pushing the spring loaded button to load then strike the chip.

TANSTAAFL

Any further debate on energy from nothing/the aether/etc will result in application of the Idiot Ignore button. Still get an 'A' for thinking out of the box, but please try to ground that to stay within what the Laws of Nature dedicate is possible.

Offcourse, there is no intention of breaking the laws of thermodynamics, because we just can´t do this, but i believe that ingenious mechanisms can be made to use magnets in a way that they will generate cheaper energy. Something like in the patent US20100219709 A1 that describes a circular self-powered magnetic generator. I dont think that patent is describing "energy from nothing".
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:25:43 PM

<snip>
Offcourse, there is no intention of breaking the laws of thermodynamics, because we just can´t do this, but i believe that ingenious mechanisms can be made to use magnets in a way that they will generate cheaper energy. Something like in the patent US20100219709 A1 that describes a circular self-powered magnetic generator. I dont think that patent is describing "energy from nothing".
Yes it's overall concept IS energy from nothing though at least it makes no claims about being able to extract energy from the system, just that it keeps going. Again, it is just one of thousands perpetual motion/free energy ideas for devices patented all over the world.

You do know that there are folks here in this forum that are Engineers right?  As in people who can knowledgeably critique technology? Not just people who believe anything they see online or in print and never even try to understand or even question it. In my case, been designing industrial lasers and their support systems for over 40 years now. Your background is?....

The fact that something has a Patent is irrelevant. To apply for and be issued a Patent DOES NOT require that the idea first be tested/built or until very recently even have to be proven as possible to make or implement. As said before, Patent Offices around the world have thousands of these crap 'Patents' lining their archives. Only in the past couple years has the USPO finally cracked down even considering this class of ideas for further processing past initial application review unless proof-of-concept can be presented.

Magnets do not produce energy. It is the effort applied - aka energy - to move them relative to conductors that creates the interaction transforming that applied mechanical energy into electrical energy. Just as with all the rest it operates with losses which are unavoidable. eg, resistance of wire used and in your example, especially a battery's charge/discharge efficiency which is less than 75% for even the best chemistries being developed. For a time those losses are made up for by the battery just to keep it moving. Start extracting usable power and <drumroll please> the battery goes flat faster.

If it was not such a sad statement on how well humans can cherry-pick data tossing out what does not support their ideas and then bury it in technobabble that has *bits* of truth and reality assembled to look legit so it can be pitched to the uninformed masses, I could laugh about it. Unfortunately one can't. To me the Wide-eyed Wondrous Awe of technology that so many otherwise intelligent people hold it in is utterly baffling.

Enough time wasted with this brain-dead crap, Ignore activated.

aesma

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 12:20:30 AM

I have watched online a video of a mining farm which is generating near to a water falls and if I'm not mistaken his bill is only $5, I can't remember if that is for month or year. I say free electricity does exist, solar but you need to invest and as well as hydro electric.

Buying land with a river or rights to use the river isn't free in my book. I said earlier it was my dream, though.

░▓█████████████████▓░
          ▒▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒██▓▒░
      ░▒▓███▓                 ▒██▓▓▒░░    ░
▓▒███████▓▒        ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░    ░▓▓▓██▓▓▓▒▓
▒░██▒░░         ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓██▓▒     ░ ▒▓▓░▓
░▒▓█▒         ▒█▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓████▓▓▒   ▒█▓▒▒
 ▒░██        ██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░██▒   ██▒▒
 ▓░▓█▒      ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░░▒▒▒░░▒▓██▓   ▒██░▒
 ░▓░█▓     ▓█▓▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒   ██░▓░
  ▓▒▒█▓  ▓▒█▓▒▒▓▓▒░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ █▒  ██▓░▓
   █░▒█▓ ▓███▓▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░ ▓█  ██▓ ▓
    █░▓█▓ ░██▓███▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓██  ██▓░▓
    ░█░▒██  ░ ░▓███████▓██████▒  ██▒░▓
      █▒░██▓      ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ▓██░▒▓
       ▓▓░▒██▒               ▒██▓░▓▓
        ░█▓░▓██▒           ▒██▓░▓█░
          ▒█▓░▓██▓       ▓██▓▒▓█▒
            ▒█▓▒▒███░ ▒███▒▒▓█▒
              ▒██▓▒▓███▓▒▒██▒
                ░▓██▒▒▒███░
                   ▒███▒

NiHaoMike

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 03:55:46 AM

If renting one room then this is another thing but still you can't "hide" the Rig(s)

I have seen many mining rigs and based on that they are very noise but electricity sometimes isn't an issue if the profit is good.
It might be difficult to hide an ASIC box or even just get the noise down to an acceptable level (at least for something newer than a S5), but a small GPU mining setup can hide in plain sight as a PC, because that's what it is.

Those who have/had free electricity have wanted a way to turn that into money. With cryptocurrency, that has become a reality, but there's still no free lunch.
Minerolero

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:58:25 PM

<snip>
Yes it's overall concept IS energy from nothing though at least it makes no claims about being able to extract energy from the system, just that it keeps going. Again, it is just one of thousands perpetual motion/free energy ideas for devices patented all over the world.

You do know that there are folks here in this forum that are Engineers right?  As in people who can knowledgeably critique technology? Not just people who believe anything they see online or in print and never even try to understand or even question it. In my case, been designing industrial lasers and their support systems for over 40 years now. Your background is?....

The fact that something has a Patent is irrelevant. To apply for and be issued a Patent DOES NOT require that the idea first be tested/built or until very recently even have to be proven as possible to make or implement. As said before, Patent Offices around the world have thousands of these crap 'Patents' lining their archives. Only in the past couple years has the USPO finally cracked down even considering this class of ideas for further processing past initial application review unless proof-of-concept can be presented.

Magnets do not produce energy. It is the effort applied - aka energy - to move them relative to conductors that creates the interaction transforming that applied mechanical energy into electrical energy. Just as with all the rest it operates with losses which are unavoidable. eg, resistance of wire used and in your example, especially a battery's charge/discharge efficiency which is less than 75% for even the best chemistries being developed. For a time those losses are made up for by the battery just to keep it moving. Start extracting usable power and <drumroll please> the battery goes flat faster.

If it was not such a sad statement on how well humans can cherry-pick data tossing out what does not support their ideas and then bury it in technobabble that has *bits* of truth and reality assembled to look legit so it can be pitched to the uninformed masses, I could laugh about it. Unfortunately one can't. To me the Wide-eyed Wondrous Awe of technology that so many otherwise intelligent people hold it in is utterly baffling.

Enough time wasted with this brain-dead crap, Ignore activated.

You dont get what i mean...  By the way, i have ZERO background in the field, so what i am saying is 100% layman opinion. I respect your experience in the field, but i am not saying here "hey, its on the internet, so it must be that we can generate energy from nothing and break the laws of thermodynamics!" I am not saying here either "hey, there is a patent, so it must be possible to break the laws of thermodynamics and create energy FROM NOTHING". What i was trying to say is that people that are trying to make those ingenious mechanisms, just as the one i have mentioned may eventually find a way to USE THE MAGNETS in a way that they can help to generate cheaper energy. This doesn´t mean that the device need to be exclusively based on the movement of the magnets, but other kinds of solutions/mechanisms could be put together in a way that would surprise even the most experienced engineers in the world. The greatest innovations usually come from breaking established paradigms (not breaking the laws nature). They frequently come from ideas that we never tought that would work. I just hope that open minded people keep trying to find solutions and bring us cheaper energy. What i wanted to say is that if i had the time and money, i would be very glad to study hard and try to build something new myself, obviously considering all the things you said, but using knowledge and creatity to try and make something new. Those who think out of the box may eventually help humanity to achieve great things.
daniweb

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 09:59:33 AM

Does anyone have experience with gigawatt for a cheap electricity source? I am thinking about sending my asic to them for hosting.

Gunthaer

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 12:11:20 PM

look out for online competitions giving away FREE electricity for a year or if u sign up with new suppliers, just keep switching around

There isn´t something like free electricity.
You need to sign a 2 year contract at least , also the free electricity (if there is any) for the first year is limited to a certain amount.
So your idea wont work ...
Joyawan13

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:27:21 PM

Emangya gimana gand,,,,,?tolong dibantu dikasih tau gimana caranya,,,,,trimakasih gand,,,,,,,!

▃▄▅▆▇ HEROCOIN.io ▇▆▅▄▃
⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨ ICO LIVE: JOIN NOW ⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦
▇▆▅▄▃ ANN | Bounty | Website ▃▄▅▆▇
mostkey

Activity: 350

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:54:14 PM

It is impossible to get free electricity, in my country the cost of electricity is very very expensive, and in addition to the government policy that raises the electricity tariff 75% than usual.I also feel very strangled with the government policy that makes electricity costs more crazy

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
      ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████