Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:54:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think bitcoin price will crash again in 2017?  (Read 4145 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:05:22 PM

when does a fall become a crash? there'll be a bunch of falls to come. i don't know if they'll turn into crashes.
Maybe we call it a correction then?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:09:21 PM

Following the trends over the years, I have noticed bitcoin steadily rising (though with minimal fluctuations here and there). Recently, the price dropped sharply but since then, it is like it got angry, thereby increasing hugely each day.
Now to my question. I am actually thinking of purchasing some btc but still hoping there is possibility of the price dropping again so at least I can obtain more ( Grin pardon my greed). So, do you think there is still a possibility of it dropping in a huge manner in 2017?
Hopefully I am looling forward to getting something tangible from finance experts.

Asking questions like this as a reference if you will buy coins will just lead you for so much doubt.

If you want to buy then go. As long as the word fluctuation is connected to bitcoin price, price crash is possible at any year. Even you seek from professional or expert they don't know what will happen. It's fine to read some suggestions and advices but believe me it will just give more doubt especially if you don't have knowledge of what they will say to you.

They will give you technical analysis, chart readings, speculations but I doubt you will read that because the important thing you want from them is their suggestion if you will buy or not with the current price rate.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:17:54 PM

when does a fall become a crash? there'll be a bunch of falls to come. i don't know if they'll turn into crashes.
no there is such a big differnce between crash and correction, correction is the need of market for the price adjustment, but for few pont, while crash some something difference in crash like situation the price of bitcon  continue decreasing nonstop and within few  hours it fell down more than 500 points.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 01:59:09 AM

no there is such a big differnce between crash and correction, correction is the need of market for the price adjustment, but for few pont, while crash some something difference in crash like situation the price of bitcon  continue decreasing nonstop and within few  hours it fell down more than 500 points.
By this time as said a correction needs to happen. The should not make a big difference in the price before and after, already the price has come down as we're getting closer to 15th day of the month. If something good takes place once again reach moon else the price downtrend will continue.
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 02:39:37 AM

I think its too early to say that price is going to crash again this 2017. Although price fall down about less than $300 now. Price is still considerably high and for sure it will bounce back again like the usual.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:24:21 AM

I think its too early to say that price is going to crash again this 2017. Although price fall down about less than $300 now. Price is still considerably high and for sure it will bounce back again like the usual.
Maybe it would bounce back but there is a possibility that it would not and maybe it will stabilize for a while on the price ranges it would still be nice though if this happens. Even if it will dump I think it would not be less than sub 1000$ since it might be the new floor for now and it might not be too. Bitcoin is unpredictable so I can't say for sure. For now let's hold and rebuy when it dumps.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1048

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 03:31:37 AM

Maybe it would bounce back but there is a possibility that it would not and maybe it will stabilize for a while on the price ranges it would still be nice though if this happens. Even if it will dump I think it would not be less than sub 1000$ since it might be the new floor for now and it might not be too. Bitcoin is unpredictable so I can't say for sure.

its not crashing. its just going to adjust now and will soon be stable. those big guys probably had stopped playing the market and have collected their profit already. it does look like someone had managed to manipulate all coins to move swinging from positive to negative side in a day. some coins stands still on the uptrend like XRP and NEM  Cheesy

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Big R94

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 04:31:23 AM

It can happen or not. But i think probably price will crash again in 2017.Simply thinking i can be.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 04:44:52 AM

With the upcoming hardfork almost certainly going to destroy the entire ecosystem this is just a last hopeless attempt of the whales to make bitcoin look worth something. Dreams will be shattered soon when bitcoin forks and the whales will dump all they have.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 11:30:36 AM

It's hard to predict it because bitcoin is accelerating. It can be happen or not. Maybe it would be bounce back and maybe it will be stabilize the price. But it's not the word crashing. It will soon be stable for good. Probably, it will crash but again will rise. Crash, rise, crash, and and rise again.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 11:43:01 AM

-snip-
The past isn't a guide to the future though!

It's hard to tell what is going to happen - if the blocksize thing gets going again, we might look at some people selling. Ditto advances in some of the alts.

it actually is a good guide for the future, but that is just it, past is only a guide not a prediction.

and i would love to see some more advances in alts, i always love more profit on bitcoins that i will continue hodling Wink

in 2017, i don't think so because usually we have only 1 crash per year and we already had that this year.

Hahahahaha first of all wtf? What crash? That flash crash/20% dip when the ETF was rejected? Omg. And secondly there can be as many crashes as there are hacks or issues so that is a really stupid way to think about the price of bitcoins. I'm a permabull too but even that is just so stupid and naive I can't believe someone would think it were true. Oh and let me guess, bitcoins doubled in price last year so they'll double in price every single year for the rest of our lives, right? Durp. Past performance does not equal future performance. Just like any stock broker will tell you Smiley

well i am naive and stupid! there is no reason to point finger and laugh Cheesy

and i disagree whilst having my naiveté. past performance can be an indication of future performance, it is not equal to it and i didn't say that in my original comment either.
also the whole technical analysis is based on past performance, every single line that is drawn on charts is based on "past performances" and it is a guide

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 04:54:26 PM

Following the trends over the years, I have noticed bitcoin steadily rising (though with minimal fluctuations here and there). Recently, the price dropped sharply but since then, it is like it got angry, thereby increasing hugely each day.
Now to my question. I am actually thinking of purchasing some btc but still hoping there is possibility of the price dropping again so at least I can obtain more ( Grin pardon my greed). So, do you think there is still a possibility of it dropping in a huge manner in 2017?
Hopefully I am looling forward to getting something tangible from finance experts.

Hi!

I think there is always a possibility of price dropping but we cannot really say if the price will drop substantially unless you rely on data. It is in the accuracy of data that we predict uncertainties. Just be sure the data you have is well-researched, unbiased, and truthful in all aspects. Otherwise, careful studying of it will put you to naught. One way to ensure the data's reliability is to check its source, author, and date written. Always have an eye for details. Good luck!
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:50:58 AM

Once again price crash won't happen with bitcoin, because during the last price drops soon the price grew again. This confirms that price growth is real and there is no fake volume to manipulate the price moves. Now too once after a unexpected price drop with respect to circulation had retained the price growing above $1800.

PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:56:55 AM

Once again price crash won't happen with bitcoin, because during the last price drops soon the price grew again. This confirms that price growth is real and there is no fake volume to manipulate the price moves. Now too once after a unexpected price drop with respect to circulation had retained the price growing above $1800.
Yes, there are enough investors are backing bitcoin not to fall down as massive adoption is happening on every part of the world.

People do worry about repetition of what happened in 2013 after reaching ~$1200 levels from less than $200, but I am sure the major reason for that collapse was mtgox but now we are not depending on one single services for any bitcoin related activities, so there will be no possibilities of repeating of 2013 collapse scenarios.

But there are more possibilities of many corrections time to time but those should be made use for buying again and remember we are all heading $10k levels, believe it may happen within 2017 too !
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 11:22:52 AM

Yes I think it also. Even its price decrease I can't say that it will crash this 2017 because I think increasing of bitcoin's price is not yet finish its just on the middle. Bitcoin's price is not yet finish to grow especially now because japan is now legalize the bitcoin in their country.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 12:15:15 PM

We can't predict any unusual dump/crash on price which can be triggered by anything like we have seen last time when bitfinex got hacked and hackers ran away with huge amount of bitcoin. But usual trends for bitcoin price will remain bullish so just buy during correction after every pump which was few days ago, price was corrected to 1650 USD after reaching $1850 and i think that $1650 was right price to grab few bitcoins before next bull run.

btc_angela

Activity: 2562
Merit: 540

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 12:55:54 PM

I don't considered it a crash. Its just a correction right now. You can't blame people on dumping their bitcoin because of a huge profit. This is ok. Nevertheless, still more people will grab this opportunity to buy more and expect the price to rise again in the future. More and more people are trusting bitcoin more than ever, so no crash but a correction only.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:19:25 PM

Till now bitcoin price is increasing steadily.It has been predicted that bullish trend will continue till year end.Bitcoin adoption is increasing.There may be a slight price correction and it would not affect the price much.BU and hard fork issues were previously created to dump bitcoin and earn huge profits by selling alts and rebuying cheaper bitcoins.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 03:23:56 PM

It will be happened but now it is nothing happening.
I think you are talking about recently price is going down and mostly people think that the time is come that bitcoin price take a turn of go back.
But i am happy to see, bitcoin again go up and its price now $1784.   

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2926
Merit: 597

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:53:48 PM

There will always be a crash every year but right now that crash should change the term into correction. The price of bitcoinxis becoming good and we will expect that there will be bigger price for the upcoming months just like what is coming out with the news.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀