Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:15:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accounts waking up  (Read 1028 times)
ibminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1810
Merit: 2715

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 09:38:19 AM

There seem to be a huge amount of accounts waking up, I'm assuming this isn't normal?
https://bitcointalk.org/seclog.php

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chevas Regal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

www.tgtcoins.com/ico

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 09:41:01 AM

There seem to be a huge amount of accounts waking up, I'm assuming this isn't normal?
No problem until they do some unsual scam attempt , i dont see why people here always suspect that account waking = hacked account. BTC has been all high during this week so people who might had left Bitcoin in 2015 or when price dropped are coming to party again.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀██████████
███████▀▄▄█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▀▀██████
████▀▄█████████████████████▄▀████
███ ██████████▀▀▀████████████ ███
██ ███████████   █████████████▄▀█
█ █▌████████▀▀   ▀▀▀▀████████▐█ █
▌▐█ ██████████  ▐████████████▌██▐
▌██▐████████         ████████▌▐█▐
▌▐█ ██████████  ▐████████████▌██▐
█ █▄██████████  ▐████████████▄█ █
██ ███████████▄  ▀▀▀ █████████▀▄█
███ ████████████▄▄▄▄█████████ ███
████▄▀█████████████████████▀▄████
██████▄▄▀▀██▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█▀▀▄▄██████
██████████▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄██████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Target Coin

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄██▀                ▀██▄
▐██                ██  ██▌
██▌      ▄▄████▄▄  ▀▀  ▐██
██▌    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀██▄    ▐██
██▌   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██
██▌   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██
██▌    ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀    ▐██
██▌      ▀▀████▀▀      ▐██
▐██                    ██▌
 ▀██▄                ▄██▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀

ibminer (OP)
Legendary

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 10:05:23 AM

No problem until they do some unsual scam attempt , i dont see why people here always suspect that account waking = hacked account. BTC has been all high during this week so people who might had left Bitcoin in 2015 or when price dropped are coming to party again.

You must be a very proactive person. Have you even looked at the accounts? Some of the accounts are woken up within the same second and don't do shit afterwards, ya they are coming to "party again" by logging in and then staring at their screen. Those that are woken up at the same time are usually in the same month of a registered date. I'm not buying your theory.

It is not a gradual increase, it is waves of accounts getting woken up on certain days and then activity calms down.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 10:11:53 AM

This thread is everything that you need to read: Hundreds of thousand of bitcointalk accounts hacked.

I have this problem almost every week in Bitmixer now and I've started permanently banning and tagging them on sight.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 11:52:23 AM

You must be a very proactive person. Have you even looked at the accounts? Some of the accounts are woken up within the same second and don't do shit afterwards, ya they are coming to "party again" by logging in and then staring at their screen. Those that are woken up at the same time are usually in the same month of a registered date. I'm not buying your theory.

It is not a gradual increase, it is waves of accounts getting woken up on certain days and then activity calms down.

Really nice catch. Seems like someone is getting something from database now.

Sorry but I also will not buy theory of Chevas here. There is a very hard possibility that they are being recovered by someone having database. That's massive no. of accounts and top of that recovered within seconds make it much more suspicious.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12865

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 01:55:02 AM

I was watching the attacker as he was doing this, so I'm nearly certain that he merely brute-forced accounts with extremely weak passwords which were unchanged since the 2015 leak. All of the accounts had passwords like "word12" or "195402" or similar, which can be brute-forced very quickly even despite the forum's pretty good password hashing/salting. (I know their passwords because I was watching the attacker enter the passwords.) The more valuable such accounts were already picked off -- this person was collecting the dregs.

I locked ~all of the accounts which woke up.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
ibminer (OP)
Legendary

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 11:11:52 AM

I was watching the attacker as he was doing this, so I'm nearly certain that he merely brute-forced accounts with extremely weak passwords which were unchanged since the 2015 leak. All of the accounts had passwords like "word12" or "195402" or similar, which can be brute-forced very quickly even despite the forum's pretty good password hashing/salting. (I know their passwords because I was watching the attacker enter the passwords.) The more valuable such accounts were already picked off -- this person was collecting the dregs.

I locked ~all of the accounts which woke up.

Good stuff, thank you theymos.

coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 04:56:26 PM

Read part of the list and you can find some interesting examples, like alts waking up at the exact same second:
Today at 12:17:20 AM - test016 - woke up
Today at 12:17:20 AM - test022 - woke up
Today at 12:17:15 AM - test021 - woke up
Today at 12:17:13 AM - test020 - woke up
Today at 12:17:09 AM - testfunny29 - woke up
Today at 12:17:04 AM - testfunny35 - woke up
Today at 12:16:52 AM - test023 - woke up
Today at 12:16:48 AM - testfunny20 - woke up
Today at 12:16:43 AM - test08 - woke up
I guess he used some kind of bot or script to load all of them so fast.

Or obvious bannable names like theyimos https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=355834

iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:52:49 AM

Hai:) i came back because i got back into btc and trading.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 08:44:40 AM

Thanks for looking after us Theymos. I guess the password changes were another clue. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
ibminer (OP)
Legendary

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 04:25:39 PM

Hai:) i came back because i got back into btc and trading.

Welcome back, are you able to sign any messages from prior addresses used on your account?

Hopefully you came back for a meaningful reason and not to shit post in order to fill a quota for your new signature campaign?   

The 30+ one line posts you've made today are very interesting. Wait, 32... 34... 36... ok I'll stop counting now. Your typing so fast you can't control the spelling mistakes. Just sad.

At this point, I'm locking this thread.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: