Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:04:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins - Exceptions of following Bitcoin  (Read 244 times)
Zocadas (OP)

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:32:19 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2017, 11:43:26 AM by Zocadas

I am watching altcoin prices in relation to Bitcoin Curve. Mostly they follow Bitcoins up/downtrend.
But there are some, which differ distinctly from other altcoins and have opposite trend to Bitcoin like for example  NAV, NXC  and STRAT. Would be interesting to find out those, which regularly move against Bitcoin trend .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aliman00

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:38:57 AM

Yeah I'm trying to find some of does exceptions my self but it's hard tho.... Thanks for headup on does coins I will add them to my "follow porftolio" and compare notes Smiley

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:14:53 PM

the trend is like this:
bitcoin up: altcoins down
bitcoin down: altcoins down.

and this is mostly true for most of the altcoins. and specific to the top altcoins with bigger market caps.

you will always find exceptions. it will be most common in small coins. when they have a pump coming for them for example. but you can not make a rule out of it. one rally they may rise with bitcoin the next they may get dumped even harder than the rest.

the rule that i have found to be working best is to be extra careful with ALL the altcoins when bitcoin is on the move big time. this means watching for the signs of a dump like walls disappearing, a big sell being initiated,...

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Zocadas (OP)

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:21:25 PM

the trend is like this:
bitcoin up: altcoins down
bitcoin down: altcoins down.

and this is mostly true for most of the altcoins. and specific to the top altcoins with bigger market caps.

you will always find exceptions. it will be most common in small coins. when they have a pump coming for them for example. but you can not make a rule out of it. one rally they may rise with bitcoin the next they may get dumped even harder than the rest.

the rule that i have found to be working best is to be extra careful with ALL the altcoins when bitcoin is on the move big time. this means watching for the signs of a dump like walls disappearing, a big sell being initiated,...
Was for months on poloniex trading (exchange) from february to july every day. They show all cryptos on one site. So I saw, as Bitcoin went down, most of cryptos also did (was good visible because they went from green to red). Of course there where exceptions, but the majority followed the bitcoin trend. Best example is ETH. As Bitcoin went up from 2900$ to almost 5000$ ETH went from 50$ to over 300$.
Ok, at the moment alts could br down because we have a special situation right now with Bitcoin, so people are buying it because of hardfork.
Crypto Capital

Activity: 155
Merit: 16

🔥3.5% a Month🔥Loans bit.ly/2JRWesw

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:07:20 PM

I am watching altcoin prices in relation to Bitcoin Curve. Mostly they follow Bitcoins up/downtrend.
But there are some, which differ distinctly from other altcoins and have opposite trend to Bitcoin like for example  NAV, NXC  and STRAT. Would be interesting to find out those, which regularly move against Bitcoin trend .

Here is a super useful tool for coin correlation trends. I am not aware of any coins that have a strong opposite trend to bitcoin. At one time, ETH had a strong opposite trend to bitcoin but recently that has not been the case. Especially in an irrational market like this, correlations could switch at any time. People say the mantra bitcoin down, altcoins down. Bitcoin up, altcoins down but that has not always been the case nor will it be guaranteed in the future.

├   Crypto Capital   ─  「Loans」─「Brokerage」─「BTC sales」 ╡
⊷  E-mail  ⊶ ● ⊷  Telegram  ⊶
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:02:44 PM

I don't know any coins that have exactly opposite to bitcoin trend. Most of coins are down in bitcoin value when BTC is rising and down in $ value when BTC is dropping.
Opposite trend might be connected with some good news with such coin and it went green when BTC and all alts have been red
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:30:33 PM

I agree user named red apple. Everything exceot stable bitcoin price drives altcoins crazy, they keep dumping alts everytime. So there are really rare cases. Factom isn't affected by bitcoin price that much as well.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███