Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:21:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kiritsugu's BTC Lottery #1 (Test run, small lottery, cheap tickets, 2% edge)  (Read 300 times)
Kiritsugu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1570
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:13:43 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2017, 04:17:20 PM by Kiritsugu

Hello everyone!  I've been on BitcoinTalk for quite some time now, and I've always wanted to run some type of lottery game for fun, so I figured today was as good a day as any to start one up. Smiley

Before we begin, I'd like to acknowledge that many users on BitcoinTalk are wary of trusting other people (for good reason), and that's perfectly fine.  You're welcome to look into my Trust, as many users here have found me trustworthy.  I currently Moderate for Just-Dice and YOLOdice (they are not affiliated with this), and I have hosted many YD competitions in the past.  If you still do not trust me, then feel free to not participate.  I have no intention of running with anyone's money, and I would ask that you please do not post things like "not participating, dont trust you" etc. as that adds no value.  Just don't participate if you don't want to. Smiley  If this goes well I might do more in the future, you can always participate then.

On to the lottery!

This lottery will consist of 40 Tickets sold for 0.00050000BTC (50k satoshi) each, totalling 0.02BTC.  There will be one winner, determined through random.org via their number generator.  Unfortunately, I'm no good at coding or anything so I don't have a "Provably Fair" way of drawing.  This is where your trust/faith in me comes into play as well.

Once the result is generated, I will screenshot it and post it here and send the winner their prize.  The winner receives 98% of the Lottery total (0.0196BTC), and the remaining 2% I will keep, mainly to cover the cost of the the transaction fee needed to award the winner their prize.

How do I buy a ticket?

I have created a fresh Lottery Wallet address for you to send funds to to buy tickets, and all transactions will be publicly visible on the blockchain.

Here is the Lottery Wallet address: 12eEtcxwwsNRrj8ekCqRKHomSRB1qakUXR

To buy a ticket or multiple tickets, simply send the appropriate amount of BTC required (If you want 4 tickets, send 0.002BTC) INCLUDING YOUR FEE and post here with the transaction you sent, and how many tickets you want to buy.  If you do not include the appropriate fee to make sure your purchase is a nice, whole number of tickets, I will round down to make up for it.  PLEASE do the math and include your fee so you aren't missing out on a ticket!

Buying tickets is a first come, first serve basis.  You can buy as many tickets as your transaction(s) can afford.  I will quote you and confirm your ticket purchases.  I will update the Ticket Purchases list below appropriately.

Your post should look something like this:

I want to purchase 8 tickets.

Here is the transaction: [insert link to transaction with 0.004BTC and fees included here]

Please Note: If you mistakenly send too much BTC, or accidentally send some after the 40 Tickets are purchased, please notify me in this thread immediately.  I am more than happy to send your BTC back to you, minus the cost of my wallet's 30k satoshi transaction fee.

Please Note #2: I am human, and I have a life outside BitcoinTalk.  Please know that my responses here may not be immediate, but I will do my best.

Please Note #3: If you want to donate to me personally, please DO NOT send to this Lottery Wallet address.  There's an address attached to my BitcoinTalk profile main page you can send to if you wish.  Thank you!

Ticket Purchases:

1. (None yet)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kiritsugu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:17:09 PM

Goddamnit I meant to post this in Games and Rounds can a Moderator please move it?  Thanks!
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 04:20:17 PM

Goddamnit I meant to post this in Games and Rounds can a Moderator please move it?  Thanks!
Scroll all teh way down, left hand side "move topic".

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Kiritsugu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:21:12 PM

Goddamnit I meant to post this in Games and Rounds can a Moderator please move it?  Thanks!
Scroll all teh way down, left hand side "move topic".
Oh, thanks dude, never noticed that.

EDIT: Done Smiley  Thanks again!
Kiritsugu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 04:17:04 PM

Seems nobody is interested.  Closed and locking thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: